RP vs. Game Play

S'demyx Tia

I'm always the type of person who will at least do everything until endgame. Before actually roleplaying. Mostly because I like collecting all the armors and clothes that Ron can wear during roleplays. And also to explore the world and know every hidden corner of the world. That I could perhaps use in my roleplaying.

Like finding out that there are crates and other things you can /sit on without realising it.

And mostly, I tend to roleplay when I did most there is to do in the game. In a sense it provides me that extra game content during those times.

I haven't really RPed much at all. Just once for a few minutes. Mostly it's been done over a linkpearl, but I feel a bit conflicted.

A fair amount of the groups have been RPing in higher level areas that I have no hope of getting to without being level 50 already, but both of my classes are only lv20 =\

I don't mind the outfits part so much. I can probably wing it as to why he's wearing a mustard yellow tabard with relish-green mittens that make him look like a personified hot dog.

I am a very strange case of Roleplayer. For some bizarre reason I feel the need to have reached the cap or at least obtained some amazing looking outfits before I can start roleplaying. Don’t ask me why, that must be my reward at the end, my end game.

On Final Fantasy XIV however, I’ve decided to throw that old-time tradition out of the window, I’ve just not got round to it yet. I’ve hit 30 and made myself a Paladin, as soon as the servers sort themselves out I’ll be putting all of my effort into getting Remis out there and meeting new people.

That and I need to search for a Free Company of like-minded roleplayers, I need to do some research.

This. I'm very much the same case. THOUGH I do tend to lean towards the PvE gameplay a tad more then the RP side but I get enough of both. I actually just recently finished the storyline of the game and just kinda goofing around post-game with crafting and what not because I haven't actually found any RP.. Well that is a lie I have found at least 3? But none of which I could jump in. We'll see after this maintance if I can get some RP and stop being a PvE addict for the time being. (Yeah.. I kinda blazed my ass from Early Access till now focusing on PvE cause of some reasons pointed out like the in-game issues and login though I did manage to collect storyline info and some important info from side quests.. If I forget I'll be taking my sweet time with my second character once he is made.)

I haven't really RPed much at all. Just once for a few minutes. Mostly it's been done over a linkpearl, but I feel a bit conflicted.

A fair amount of the groups have been RPing in higher level areas that I have no hope of getting to without being level 50 already, but both of my classes are only lv20 =\

I don't mind the outfits part so much. I can probably wing it as to why he's wearing a mustard yellow tabard with relish-green mittens that make him look like a personified hot dog.

Really now? I must be missing out.. I have not seen a drop of RP in the higher level areas.

Right now RP seems to be a bit well....Roxbury. What do I mean by the Roxbury RP Analogy..well I'll narrate using this video listing certain time intervals to express my impression of current RP scenarios that I feel are going on at the moment for me anyways. RP is like a dance, it has to flow, there's timing and rhythm leading to cadence. Of course there are those uncomfortable tangents that get thrown into the mix....1017 for example...

Ya sometimes I feel like I'm one of these guys when observing RP.....

(NOTE: this does not reflect my personal RP etiquette, so if you get that impression...well that can't be helped.)

rJSgpedXBpY

(REPLACE DANCING WITH RP)

1. 0:00-0:18s   Alright going to a Heavy RP event:)

2. 0:18s-0:31s    Wow RP everywhere, everyone's having a good time...where can I somehow insert myself and jump in:bouncy:

3: 0:33-1:02:  Send Tell: ((Wanna RP? No? *tries again* ((No? *again* Ok finally some action..:love:Starts RP:love:....then 2 other people come in already while you try to establish a foundation...@(@#!:frustrated:

4.1:02-1:26 OK moving on to next venue, chastising my social awkward approach & delivery:dazed:

5.1:26-1:35  Different event, somewhat more light to medium RP8-)

6. 1:37-2:09    Let's try this again. /em Uses some emotes to facilitate an introduction and ease into it but unfortunately misunderstandings to who it's directed to ensue. Other RPers in vicinity confused and intercept but finally a response! No wait...those two are already RP'ing, you know what F it, I'm just going to interrupt:geek: Damn, just feels like I'm with the same 3 people the whole time- Uh oh kicked out of Host LS moderator.

6.  2:14-2:26  Basically how I feel about IC LS channel RP when everyone is all over Eorzea. It's like texting, only....not really immersive.

7.  2:30-       Interrupting an *ahem* intimate RP moment between two people. Gives it a shot anyways. Gets OOC bashed and ostracized.:P

8. 3:04-3:09 ERROR 90000:evil: "What the hell is going on?" Log back in crossing fingers. No 1017 no 1017. QUE! 3:10 YES. All is well.

9. 3:13      Duty Finder dungeon RP attempts with non-RP people. Spoon feeding them insight into the multidimensional layered onion that is RP, but they look at you like you're crazy.......3:32 well don't know if I just settled or if I converted a non-RP person who might now want to dabble. SCORE!:? I think.

3:39 Ooh I actually got a need on loot.:thumbsup: