Balmung RP hot spots

Generally there are no hot-spots yet due to the whole server instability and such, BUT, I have noticed, for example, watch out for people who are 'walking' instead of running everywhere, check their search info to see if they put say, "[RP]" in it. Or if they're conversing with someone in /say, see if it could be considered RP.

Right now, it's mainly people giving /tells to everyone to meet up somewhere.

There was a nice little gathering at Bronze Lake last week. But as of now there are not many hot spots due to the server being kinda crappy and not letting people log in. Hopefully if this whole thing today goes off without a hitch (I am sure they will fix these 3102 error things pretty quickly) then we should all be back to RPing by Friday :D

How can we add [RP] to our /examine status?

You can open your social tab and click to where you'd see the party roster, there you can click on your own character name and it will say "View Search Info" and the other option is "Edit Search Info"

Smack whatever you want in there, and when people click on your name and view your info it'll show up. However I'm not sure if it shows up when you 'examine' someone.

So you can just put "Looking for RP" in there, or smack like "Cutest Roleplayer ever, obviously" (That last one is totally not mine at all. Nope.)

However I'm not sure if it shows up when you 'examine' someone.

I have tried it with a friend, if they have filled out their info and you examine them: then look for a small icon that is the same as if you look at someone's comment who is on your friend's list (I think it's a speech bubble? If not it's a paper/list. Toward upper left I think..) and if you click it you can read what they have typed up there. So, it doesn't show up immediately, but it is accessible through examining.

Eastern La Noscea is probably a good RP Hot-Spot, it has Wineport which already got mentioned and Costa del Sol, a beautiful beach where some of us already met several times for RP, like Rinh said.

Who wouldnt like some relaxed RP at a beach? The first leveling and getting used to phase is going to an End and i guess RPer count in Costa del Sol can only get higher now.

Eastern La Noscea is probably a good RP Hot-Spot, it has Wineport which already got mentioned and Costa del Sol, a beautiful beach where some of us already met several times for RP, like Rinh said.

Who wouldnt like some relaxed RP at a beach? The first leveling and getting used to phase is going to an End and i guess RPer count in Costa del Sol can only get higher now.

Thanks for this very useful advice , will apply it!

I have tried it with a friend, if they have filled out their info and you examine them: then look for a small icon that is the same as if you look at someone's comment who is on your friend's list (I think it's a speech bubble? If not it's a paper/list. Toward upper left I think..) and if you click it you can read what they have typed up there. So, it doesn't show up immediately, but it is accessible through examining.

Ooo didnt know this will do this when im in game next.

Ooo didnt know this will do this when im in game next.

I have done it, it works, not many people seem to examine it though, even though RP will slowly grow as the beginning rush tires down I guess :)