(OPEN) The Streets of Ul'Dah

Katanyae

She let out a chuckle, rolling her eyes at Baer. "I bet you don't.." A little nod of her head toward the flutist. "Ahh, yes..the archer. I remember you". Leaning against the boxes now, rather than perched atop them, Seda noted the elezen's approach and offered a polite wave as she leaned toward the highlander to comment, "You ever teach anyone your art?"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His gaze lingered upon the miqo'te while giving a short wave in the direction of the newcomer. "I only teach them if they want to learn truthfully.",  his fingertips enwrapping the flute as he tossed it with a slow motion in the direction of the huntress. "I'm sure you don't need teaching?"

She shook her head, a faintly amused smile. "No, I'd meant Red here - the art of hand to hand combat...with the bow, I am a formidable force. However recently I've found myself in situations where distance is not my friend. I can hold my own but I lack the grace and technique to say I'm any good at it". She gestured to the large red haired highlander sitting next to her.

A short Elezen woman walked along the docks, her footfalls light and slow.  The moonlight seemed to seep into her pale skin, glowing outward and reflecting light into her eyes.  They were bright and gleaming, glazed over by the light of the moon.  Her irises, a perfect blend between blue and green, were illuminated to the point that they appeared brighter than the whites of her eyes.  Her hair was a deep, dark brown, worn in a braid which she had wrapped around the back of her head like a crooked halo.  She wore a blue tunic with long, loose sleeves, using a leather belt to secure the loose clothing around her waist.  Beneath it she wore brown pants, which she had tucked into the top of her knee-high leather boots.

She had both of her hands together, holding one another loosely at her bosom as she walked.  She was watching the moon's reflection on the water as she walked, glancing down occasionally to look at the stretch of board ahead of her.  She was smaller than the average Elezen, and her ears were quite short and very pointy.  Despite the creamy complexion of her skin, her cheeks were flushed red, and seemed to be that way constantly.  A small, dark brown dot rested on her cheek bone beneath her right eye, the only marking she had on her face.

She lowered her hands, her elbows pinned to her sides, her hands in front of her waist.  She spread out her fingers, bringing the tips together.  She would bring her fingers close, then spread them apart, repeatedly in a slow motion.  She had just approached the end of the boardwalk when she heard soft voices nearby.  She paused mid-stride, turning her head to see a gathering of people standing together at one of the docks.  They all looked to be chatting comfortably among one another.

Should she try to join in?  She had very little social interaction since leaving her home near Camp Tranquil.  A large group would be easier to slip into naturally than trying to talk one-on-one with someone, right?  No, she should just return to the inn.  She should return to the inn and...forever wonder if she could have made friends tonight.  She bit her lip slightly, twisting her head downward.  In the worst case scenario, she would make a fool of herself and never see these people again.

She raised her head, her bright eyes gleaming with intense determination.  She walked closer to the group with her slow stride, wearing a small, friendly smile.  "Good evening," she said softly, but firmly.  She could force confidence when she felt she needed to.  Hearing the certainty in her own voice boosted her confidence enough to keep from immediately regretting her decision to approach them.

There was a Miqo'te woman, the only woman of the group more specifically.  She seemed quite comfortable, carrying on with one of the larger men of the gathering.  The large flame-haired Highlander was rather roughed up, however his good humor did not appear at all bruised.  A male Hyur with black hair and a relaxed demeanor caught the Elezen's eye, for his garb was clearly Gridanian.  She wondered if he was as unacquainted with the heat of Ul'dah as she was.  Finally there was a blonde Elezen man.  The shorter Elezen woman could not make heads or tails of his state at the moment, as he seemed to be silent although within the group.

OOC: I apologize for how long this post got O.o I got a little bit ahead of myself ^^'

Sorry, Fen's kinda in an odd spot ICly, I think I'll just have him move on. >_<

Fen nodded to the group and and wandered off as the other Elezen came up. He had some business to attend to with a merchant, and the man didn't like being kept waiting.

The red haired man just stayed quiet for a bit as the Midlander spoke about how he didin't use his hands either. Chuckling gently. "Yeah, sometimes fists don't quite get the message across as well as some other things might." Voice still playful as he yawned a bit. Making his jaw crack a little. Eyes shifting over the newcomer and narrowing gently in the darkness, barely able to see due to the flickering firelight of a nearby lantern-but recognizing someone whom he had seen fight before. Someone who had frequented some of the same circuits as himself. 

Never having caught his name, he just gave a nod of his head to the newcomer. "Evenin'!" He said in response to the Elezen on approach. Then turned his attention back onto the Huntress who asked him that question-after it having been clarified. Watching as the flute was tossed to her. Waiting several seconds before he responded. "Well, I am looking to teach someone at some point. Getting old is not helping my fight's, and I want my family's knowledge passed down to someone. Lacking kid's, can't really leave the burden on them." Then waits a moment. "I might just teach someone if their truly willing to learn." And nods his head gently. Making the silver pieces in his hair jingle once more.

"A fighter doesn't need perfect grace to win, nor strength. Misconceptions. Skill. Applied skill with a sharp mind can win any battle." Then chuckles. "But being fast and strong is always a good plus to have on your side." 

Head turning gently to regard the newcomer Elezen woman who had addressed them. Nodding his head to her in turn as well. "Evenin'!" Voice bright and bouncy like it usually was. Slightly tinted with a bit of tiredness though, and cracked rather minorly due to his earlier escapades. 

((OOC:Sorry about the slow reply guy's, been on injury recov. will be trying to be more active with posts from here on out.))

Seda had caught the offered flute as it sailed leisurely her way, emitting a faint chuckle as she examined it - half an eye on the daydreaming highlander.  The ocean air, the mixtures of individual smells around her, sweat and now drying blood; these had been filtered long enough now that they were in the back of her senses. It was easy to pick out the newest one, being far different from the others. Nervousness mixed with something very clean. Golden eyes pulled from the pair she'd been chatting with to come to rest on the approaching Elezen woman. A polite nod was given to her as Fen decided he had some other place to be and wandered off. The sound of Baer coming out of his state of thinking brought her back and she listened to him reply to her earlier question.

Another nod then, the faintest grin exposing elongated canines. "Well then, I do believe I'm interested in filling that vacancy - I don't have size on my side, but I'm quick enough in body and mind. This will be an interesting endeavor". The subtle tone carried along in the undercurrent of his voice softened those lion like golds for a moment. "After a few days rest, of course". She offered a polite verbal greeting to the small elezen woman when she was close enough to not have to call out, "Evening".

"Who's to say I would accept you as a student?" He says as he popped both of his eyebrows. "There are entrance exams you must partake in." Tone obviously playful as he leaned back on his hands. Sparing a glance at everyone a moment. Before focusing in on the Huntress once more. 

"And yes, it will be interesting." Rubbing the back of his neck slowly now with one hand as to loosen up the sore muscles. "Do you have any problem with beaches and sun?" He asks offhandedly.

The sun. Ah, the sun - that treacherous, too bright, too hot ball of annoyance in the sky. Did she have a problem with the sun? She had to think about that for a moment....it was a long moment. "I do enjoy beaches, however, given my nature I would not be at my best during the brightest hours of the day. I'm nocturnal, Red. Keeper of the Moon. The between times..sunset, sunrise..those are alright times but I work best in the dark of night. I -can- stay awake during the day, when necessary..I just don't like it". She shrugged lightly. Nature being what it was and times being what they were, her sleep patterns were terribly disrupted already.

"Hmmm." The large man said as he pondered on the Catkin's words. Leaning back on his hands a bit more as he looked up at the sky. "This ~is~ going to be interesting." Looking at her sidelong as he spoke. "Will try and alter the traditional methods of training to form around you a bit. That's if you can pass the first test." Nodding his head gently once more. 

"Which!" He said after a moment. Raising a single finger with one large hand that had darted up from its supporting position behind him. "I will not tell you about. It's going to be a surprise."

You guys took this thread by storm in the few hours I wasn't looking

xD

Lorielle smiled faintly, happy to hear the lighthearted greetings from the two.  She did not break into their current conversation.  She merely approached quietly, her head titled down politely as she came to stand a few feet away from them both.  They may not have even noticed she was there.

She waited for a long enough pause in their conversation to meekly state, "I could mend some of those wounds, if you would like."  ((I don't know how you guys feel about injuries and healing in RP as compared to in game, but if healing is out of the question, she can just have some sort of medicine xD)).  She looked up at the flame-headed Highlander, which, even at her below average Elezen height, wasn't very far above her.

The large man tilted his head to the side as the Elezen spoke about his large collection of contusions. Somewhat more swollen then earlier, but having subsided just a bit as he pondered about the woman's words for a moment. "Alright, if you wish. Just don't touch me in anyplace unspeakable and umentionable. Which I just mentioned. But slyly." Voice playful as he popped one of his burning-red brows at her in a silly fashion. Smiling brightly. Not being serious in the least. 

It probably takes a lot to damage that palpable happiness that pervades his person. 

((OOC: Yes, we are sneaky sneaky. And go ahead and heal however you wish!))

The shorter-than-average Elezen woman lowered her head, blushing at his quick witted humor.  She smiled and let out a soft, amused chuckle as she reached behind her for her staff.  She approached the Highlander a bit closer, studying over him for a moment before finding a good place to start on his arm.  She raised her hand, hovering it away from the wound as she began to focus.

She watched the wound begin to rise, dry out, and very slowly come together.  The Highlander would feel very little of what was happening, maybe the sensation of movement on his skin.  The wound closed, leaving a thin scar in its place.  The Elezen smiled at her work, then went about looking for another place to fix.  She smirked very faintly as she realized she had a long way to go before he was fully patched up.

"You should be more careful when trying to get dressed in the morning," she said jokingly, shocked at her own sudden outgoing nature.  She was impressed with herself for that one.

"Oh, it will be such a joy when I wake up in the morn. Will keep my eyes on my clothes. They tend to be evil to me." He remarked in turn. Shifting just slightly as his skin slowly restitched slowly from the woman's magical prowess. Feeling akin to maybe worms slithering over his skin with how his flesh melded once more into a whole form. 

And yes, she had a lot of work to do. Several fights had worn away at his body quite hard. He was quite literally a tapestry of pain made personate, if you will. But he seemed no worse then a man whom had run a long time and smacked into a tree at the end. Though at moments he may have flinched very gently as she began to work on him. Probably out of being tired.

The huntress inhaled at the rise of elemental magic. It too had a scent, a distinctness unlike anything else and how people wielded it, was also distinct. It gave each person a very unique signature of magical smells. She'd at some point managed to stretch out again, a very feline gesture, with her chin propped in a hand and her tail curling around her in a lazy sort of manner. "Oh surprises, how exciting!" Her tone wasn't enthusiastic so much as playful. As the twilight faded and night crept in, her energy levels seemed to be rising as fast as his were depleting. Of course, she hadn't spent the day boxing...

With mild curiosity, she watched the wounds mend, ears swiveling every so often. "How long have you been a healer?" The words clearly directed at the elezen woman.

"Yes, surprises! Fun surprises may occur too! But the first one is probably not going to be fun." He says with a chuckle. Almost menacing. But it has a lilt of sillyness to it. Since he obviously didin't plan anything too harsh for the Catkin. Turning his head to the Elezen slowly and then back to the Huntress. Then he looked upon the Elezen once more. Deciding to take this moment to fully absorb the visage and form of the healer. Eyes roaming over every last bit of her. Though not stopping for any extended period of time at all.

Until they came back to rest on her face once more as he nodded his head. "Yes, seconded, how long?" A bright smile still cresting his face.

Among all the hustle and bustle of Ul'dah's market place, the busy people coming and going about their business, those with some more time on their hands stopping to chat, and all the ecclectic wares the merchants peddaled, a sole figure stood out, a blinding vision of light under the desert among the the array of vibrant colors and brown stones. Nearly all white, from head to toe. A young Midlander woman, notably tall for one of her kind, with hair the color of snow falling to her mid-back in soft, straight strands. The faint platinum highlights when the light hit her hair just right were all that could lead someone to describe the color as blonde. Her skin was also remarkably fair, and likely the pale complexion would not hold up well under the harsh sun of Thanalan for long. Icy blue eyes skimmed over the bolts of fabric at the merchant before her, searching. Her close-fitting top and skirt were nearly the same shade as her irises, a powder blue, the blouse accented in the same cream color as her thigh-stockings.

No shortage of jewelry adorned the woman, metal and gems glistening in the light, and the merchant behind the stall where she browsed had a wide grin, no doubt hoping he could gain a large profit from this costumer who seemed to have no lack of gil. The Hyur paid no mind to him, however, or really anything or anyone around her, for that matter, silent and focused at the task at hand: picking out a fabric, of course. Her demeanor was not necessarily a careless one, but rather one of confidence. Why should she be concerned with anyone else? What did she have to fear? She reached one ivory hand forward toward a piece of dusty pink fabric, slender fingers caressing over the silky cloth as she studied it intently. She had to find something perfect. She would settle for nothing less, she decided.

Not far from the ivory-haired Midlander stood the sandy-headed Seeker. In fact, he was but a mere five feet from her current position. The Miqo'te was a stark contrast to her, wearing dark browned leathers that sported several rips and tears in both the fabric and the stitching that held it all together. He wore no jewelry. Instead, smudges of dirt, dust, and a light bruise or two adorned his form. Quite possibly the most noticeable thing about this Miqo'te is that he looked absolutely, utterly, terribly bored.

His tail, colored the same sandy-blonde as his hair, flicked back and forth behind him at a quickened pace. His arms were drawn across his chest, fingers tapping lightly over the worn leather along either bicep. His eyes were only half open, the skin just barely covering bi-colored eyes; the left golden, the right a pale blue with a scar bisecting from top to bottom. The majority of the Seeker's weight rest along his right leg and, with this slouched posture, it was hard to tell exactly which one of the two was taller. 

The blaring heat obviously didn't help things, though the few droplets of sweat that beaded down his forehead and fell from his brow did very little to bring him to attention. Despite his rather annoyed or tired disposition, two fluffy ears remained ever perked toward the sky and constantly satellite dished about as if attempting to hear that which was around him. On very rare occasions, he could be spotted glancing back to peer at the Ul'dan merchant and offer a scowl of disapproval.

The lady continued to browse through the bolts of fabric, paying no mind to her poor, silent guardian until her fingers brushed over a dazzling, shining golden fabric. She lifted the cloth a little, turning to face the boredom-stricken Miqo'te and lifting the fabric toward him, sky blue eyes darting between him and the cloth several times, as if envisioning him in it. "Just think how handsome you would look!" the woman spoke at last, sweet soprano notes slipping out in a coo that one might use when doting upon a favored pet. She dropped the golden fabric where she had found it, her attention landing upon a rich and regal navy blue wool instead. Once more, she held the swatch of cloth up to the Seeker, studying it and then him intently. "Or perhaps something like this could suit you..."

It took some time for Val to realize that the person in which she was speaking to was him. His features changed to give him a rather bewildered look and he scoffed. "..Y'what? Y'want me t'wear /that/? D'ya know how much've a fruit I'd look like in that shit?" he quipped back, voice alone doing more to show his distaste for the idea.

Even with the words, however, the Seeker turned and promptly closed the bit of distance between them. He, much like her, looked between the pieces of fabric and then at the rough leathers that covered his form. "Idunno. I ain' one t'wear all that.. light frilly stuff." His right gloved hand reached to brush his fingers through the blonde locks that covered the back of his neck and rub, perhaps to ease some sort of cramp or pain from the spot. "...I s'pose y'know what you're talkin' 'bout, though. Ain' like I ain' been wearin' th'same damned thing for a few years now, anyway."

Faye narrowed her eyes at Val, her delicate features scrunching up in annoyance in reaction to his response. She huffed, haphazardly dropping the swatch of navy blue cloth back onto the table, utterly ignoring the merchant who seemed to be getting rather impatient at this point. "Of course I know what I'm talking about. You, however, know nothing about fashion," she grumbled, turning back to eye over the dazzling array of fabrics once more for only a moment before rounding on Seeker of the Sun, leaning close to him to inspect his leather armor, paying mind to each tear and ripped seam. "You can't just go around wearing armor all the time. This stuff is falling apart, anyway. Is it even comfortable?" she queried, lifting a dainty hand to poke at the brown leather upon his chest as if to test it.

Val simply studied the woman for a while, his eyes trailing over the various features that made up her face. Not unlike her, his features scrunched up in an equal amount of annoyance and he crossed his arms about his chest. "Oh yeah!? Well.." he began, only to immediately falter. He really seemed to have nothing to shoot back at her. At least, he certainly had nothing to say that wouldn't immediately land him a fury of lectures.

"Comfort ain' got nothin' t'do with it." he quipped back as soon as she had given him something to respond to. His attention went to the finger that poked the rough leathers he wore. "It keeps me protected enough an' keeps me from gettin' m'shit kicked in. S'long as it works, I can't complain. 'Sides, ain' like I got the money t'afford anythin' else anyway."