700!

Kylin

:ahriman: :cactuar:

For the record, I still believe that the RPC will hit over 1k before Sep. is up.

Congrats to the community on our consistant growth. As more and more members contribute to the RP community on Besaid, the better off we'll all be.

I've very excited for the future.

I've noticed that the handful of registered linkshells have an average of 15-20 members. Assuming ten linkshells at a pace of 20 per, that means only 200 people are in linkshells.

That leaves a LOT of RP freelancers. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Not that I'm against freelancing. More like, how many of those aren't freelancing by choice?

I've noticed that the handful of registered linkshells have an average of 15-20 members. Assuming ten linkshells at a pace of 20 per, that means only 200 people are in linkshells.

That leaves a LOT of RP freelancers. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Not that I'm against freelancing. More like, how many of those aren't freelancing by choice?

I'm one that is and isn't by choice. I'm sure once launch there will be a lot more LS made and then I'll find a home for my character... or I'll make one.

For me it isn't by choice, but i'm also still working on my character and such, as well as being shy don't help when you want to join something new ^-^

Well' date=' how many LS have closed off recruitment before launch? :P Never a good idea in my experience.[/quote']

I think this has probably been done to avoid over saturation of a LS. When there are too many members in a LS, it makes it difficult to maintain that close 'family' feel. Lots of new folks will get lose in the shuffle. At least, this is my opinion based on my experience.

Well, launch linkshells really -shouldn't- have too many members from the get-go. It makes it too hard to create an open and connected atmosphere amongst the members, thus leading to cliques and a divided internal community too soon. Hence why so many are closed or restricted right now. After the numbers start evening out within the first month or so, they'll likely all reopen recruitment again (unless they get flooded all over again afterward).

I agree with you though Daishi. Even after factoring in the MIA role-players within the RPC, the numbers are still enough to support at least 20- 25 RP linkshells. I'd make my own (yes, I know I said I wouldn't be interested in leading a shell again back on Sylph) but it would be an administrative nightmare for me considering my position with the RPC. Plus, I'm so far very satisfied with my current linkshell choice so...yeah. Pity though. I had some great ideas for linkshells based on early and late Sylph years.

Also, I've noticed at least 2 "light" RP shells recruiting on Besaid. Neither are registered with us but they do exist. Though I'm betting a lot of non-RP linkshells on Besaid will probably start putting "RP friendly" in their recruitment ads. There are also 3 other casual+ RP groups, though each is on a completely separate server altogether.