Lando voice, "Hello, what have we here?"

Guest Hiroshu

Guest Hiroshu

Hey people, I'm Hiro. I'm basically the guy in the top right corner of the background art. I'm still trying to get used to calling them Elezen and not Elvaan.

So I'm brand spankin' new to FFXIV, and I'm just waiting for the server restriction to lift so I can start up on Balmung. According to the Internet, you've got a good reputation and sound like the environment I'm looking for in-game. I tooled around on Siren for a bit earlier because I couldn't wait to play, but I soon realized I really need the immersive atmosphere and player types that come along with an RP server.

My RP background goes back to a lot of chat room and message board stuff in the AOL days. My first MMO home was FFXI Leviathan as Hiroshu, where as far as I know there wasn't a lot of RP. I didn't really seek it out though. When I moved over to WoW, I rolled almost exclusively on RP servers and ran a couple guilds (RP at first, then just end game later). I like to play with a sense of wonder, adventure, and immersion, instead of being too "gamey" in the way a lot of MMO players tend to get.

I'm RP-medium, probably a little rusty, and lore-light. Thing is, I don't like having to do a lot of background reading going into the game for the first time. I want my character to be as new to the world as I am. I like the amnesia angle of the main story, so as far as fellow RPers, I'd love to sync up with some bodies that are already a little more versed in the lore and might jump at the chance to have to explain things from time to time in character to somebody like me.

Character and story-wise, I play somewhat of a wise-ass hotshot who tends to get himself and his friends almost in over their heads. It's probably a bit of an anime cliché, but I think I pull it off without overdoing it. I don't want to pre-plan him too much because I like to let experiences and interactions shape him and change him as I go. Romance story lines can be fun when they emerge, and the more I look at this character the more I think he's got to be bisexual. Since I'm new to the game, I want to start pretty basic. At the same time, I do study class roles and try to be a solid player, so my goal here is about immersion and treating the experience more like a world than a game while I play it. I don't have a specific role preference, but I'm going with a tank to start.

Last thing I want to mention before I completely bore you to tears with my lengthy introduction is naming, since I have to wait for the server to open up anyway. Hiroshu was my old FFXI name, and I was thinking of carrying it over as Hiroshu Kensei in honor of tradition. Given that I was a Samurai primarily in FFXI, I just got into the whole Japanese aesthetic, and I've got my fingers crossed that the next expansion will give us the SAM job in FFXIV. Anyway, I am, however, aware that this doesn't really jive with the established Elezen naming conventions. I'm having trouble coming up with names I honestly like that fit that convention. My question is, honestly, can I get away with this without rubbing too many people the wrong way? Basically, if you're personally a stickler for this kind of thing, I'd love to give you a chance to change my mind. Or, if most people are live and let live, that would be encouraging to hear too.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to some dramatic interactions in game.

[align=center]:tonberry:[/align]

[align=center]Hiro[/align]

hi! *waves* yeah, i have a hard time not calling rho...rhy.... tailless galka.....*sighs*  welcome, i'm new here too, this is my...third or fourth day  :3

I've played a blm/ smn in XI and she's the mother of my current oc's which was fun. I'm also waiting for the block to be open because i have a friend on Balmung. :3 hope you have fun here. maybe we'll rp :3

Guest Hiroshu

Haha, not saying "taru tanks" is really gonna be hard.

Yeah, so I've basically got the character creator sitting on the server refresh in the background. I'm just foolin' around on the Internet now, checking back every so often. I managed to get a slot on Gilgamesh and debated settling there, but I kinda feel like my heart is already set on Balmung now. Chances are I'll get in sometime late tonight, just in time to want to roll over into bed immediately after. xD In any case, I'll post an update here when it opens up.

I've been thinking of this character as a spiritual successor to my last one, and there's a lot of positive nostalgia surrounding my experiences with him. My old FFXI buddies are somewhere around this game, in fact I think they're on Leviathan again, but I just felt like starting fresh and new again this time around. I liked the adventure of starting out as a loner and building up a ragtag party as I went. Definitely hit me up on server sometime when you get in, I'd love to start making some new friends to RP with.

I have a friend on my current server, a lalafell named glakafood. i didn't notice that till like...our third big run. and i pointed it out while healing. xD

I don't even know if it'll be open anytime soon since the restrictions list said it was closed. hoping it'll open again. 

:3, Tala could always use new friends, who would spoil her with stories of a far off land /shot

Guest Hiroshu

Ya know, that gives me an idea. I'd love to be able to relate back to some of my FFXI experiences, at least vaguely enough that my character isn't blatantly some god-moding dimensional jumper from Vana'diel. That would give me a lot of good material. I had a distant variant of this guy in WoW too, I could probably adapt a number of those experiences into FFXIV-friendly material for campfire stories.

As for the server, I read a recent reddit that suggested the servers tend to open up around 5am, but now I realize I'm not sure what time zone that was, and I'm too lazy to dig it back up... oh well. It's gonna be a late night for me anyway and I'm keeping myself entertained while I wait.

Hey, if Shantotto found a way i don't see why an adventurer wouldn't have accidentally fallen though lol. I've personally been pretty vauge with Acenith's history, mostly how she became a summoner and the places she's been to has been modified for ARR. So, if you can make it arr friendly, even if you don't Tala will listen and be completely transfixed lol. 

oh dear, looks like i'm not sleeping tonight.

Guest Hiroshu

By the time we bump into each other in-game, I'll have something in-world to talk about and I'll have gotten the basic mechanics down. I played some last night, and I'll crank out a few more levels today. I tend to power through the early levels so I can hurry up and get to the grouped content. I've always had a tendency to level fast early on and then I slow down to a cruise once I start meeting up with others.

Feel free to add me whenever you're on next. I take it this is like FFXI, where both players have to be online to add someone to your friend list?

Guest Hiroshu

Lando's voice totally lured me in.

Welcome to Balmung! :D

Totally agreed :-X

Mission accomplished. 8-)

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Guest Hiroshu

ggmain.jpg

Gilbert Gottfried voice, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Welcome to RPC and Balmung. Enjoy your stay.

This lured me in. *swoons*

LOL, GG voice, "YOU TRULY BELONG HERE WITH US AMONG THE CLOUDS."

Leave it to Osric to replace Lando's smooth seductive voice in my head with Gottfried's fingernails on chalkboard tone.

Thanks Osric.

Thanks.

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Leave it to Osric to replace Lando's smooth seductive voice in my head with Gottfried's fingernails on chalkboard tone.

Thanks Osric.

Thanks.

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

If only you didn't live so far away cause then we could thump your head into a godly bowl of Ramen.

By the time we bump into each other in-game, I'll have something in-world to talk about and I'll have gotten the basic mechanics down. I played some last night, and I'll crank out a few more levels today. I tend to power through the early levels so I can hurry up and get to the grouped content. I've always had a tendency to level fast early on and then I slow down to a cruise once I start meeting up with others.

Feel free to add me whenever you're on next. I take it this is like FFXI, where both players have to be online to add someone to your friend list?

yeah, if your not online i think it's like you don't exist lol. today i'm going to be spending some time with friends on midgard. one of my friends has eight days left and we want Seren to spend some time with his sisters and I'sis. *nod* 

I tend to be slow on everything. I take my sweet time because well. idk i just do lol.

Guest Hiroshu

I tend to be slow on everything. I take my sweet time because well. idk i just do lol.

No worries, all in good time. :thumbsup: