Rogue/Ninja reveal video.

^ Hehe, this reminds me of my old NWN persistent world I RPed in. There was a running joke because it seemed like all of the Fighters and Rangers in the local law enforcement had at least 3 Rogue levels.

Ah yes. I remember this. It was required for sneak attack while flanking in the hopes of getting higher crits, and to dump points in Tumble for that bonus AC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds.

*raises hand*

It's not going to affect me in any way other than getting the in-game graphics to match what I'm already roleplaying. I'd say the same goes for a lot of others, as well.

Delicious, delicious Rogue. Ninja...I could take or leave, honestly. I like shinobi a lot but it actually didn't look like something I was really dying to do, unlike the Summoner/Scholar with Arcanist.

Of course, having the Dancer show up in the expansion would be the ultimate SQUEE moment, but for now this will be a nice new thing to work at once it's out and I can access the game again.

Let's face it, Rogue is going to swiftly become one of the most popular classes, because there are a LOT of Han Solos and Noble Assassins out there, plus a lot of monks who are going to like having an excuse to pick up a pair of blades. It's all good. This is Roleplay. =D

Or heck, not even a Rogue. "Stealthy, agile hunter who often wields daggers" works for me. The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history. But stealth and knife-fighting is definitely something I always had in mind for him. Even the glamour I had in mind for him as GLA gives him a dagger and buckler with light armor - so this is perfect.

This this this this this this this this this.

Stealth is one of Zhi's mainstays. Zhi sucks at fighting, but she still carries daggers around and uses them for stabby stabby when she's able to go for the back. :D

On an aside, though, the Lominsan underworld history is making me a little nervous. Please don't contradict the rp, please don't contradict the rp...

On an aside, though, the Lominsan underworld history is making me a little nervous.  Please don't contradict the rp, please don't contradict the rp...

Meh, even so I think it'll just more clearly define things for us. More solid lore, more angles to play. We just adapt. :)