Rogue/Ninja reveal video.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hiroshu

Also it was stated that a new tank and healer class are coming with the expansion and that a teaser site for the expansion will go up around the time of the fanfest (in October).

Please be Samurai, please be Samurai, please be Samurai. /pray

This has me a bit worried honestly, They also said tank/healer will be released next xpac which means one of three things for my loved musketeer.

1) Gun healer

2) ranged(melee ranged) tank

3) pushed back until post xpac. 

Samurai seems a strong candidate for the tank being as the horse event introduced their entire culture. Which would boil down to them being a healer (Chemist style) and that kinda deflated my hopes. Heres hoping blue mage gets a spell gun.

This has me a bit worried honestly, They also said tank/healer will be released next xpac which means one of three things for my loved musketeer.

1) Gun healer

Samurai seems a strong candidate for the tank being as the horse event introduced their entire culture. Which would boil down to them being a healer (Chemist style) and that kinda deflated my hopes. Heres hoping blue mage gets a spell gun.

Musketeer being a healer would actually get me to play a healer.

1) Gun healer

..rather have that than yet more DPS to clog up the queues, to be quite honest.

For all we know, it could even be a branching class, much like Arcanist. Remains to be seen! But I will say this: the very idea of a Chemist-like healer makes me absolutely giddy. :D

For all we know, it could even be a branching class, much like Arcanist. Remains to be seen! But I will say this: the very idea of a Chemist-like healer makes me absolutely giddy. :D

I call dibs on the shifty, manic Hunter S. Thompson style chemist healer.

Well, I know how many players will quit being certain classes and retcon their entire story backgrounds to fit for these two classes now.

A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

A lot of players already had stealthy/assassin/knives in their story backgrounds. I do foresee it being a popular class, though. I mean, of course. ;P

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent. I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent.  I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

Our lack of helmets will damn us all.

*The stealthy ninja scaled the wall and leapt through the air, as if a feather on the wind, crossing the clouds of Ul'dah with only light toe touches to the rooftops and then dove quickly upon sight of his target.

The Sultansworn with years of training.

The ninja, though new, was still a ninja. And he dove down, hoding his mega knives for the kill. The knives hit and the Sultansworn falls dead at the ninja's feet....because he is a ninja.*

ALL YOUR RP ARE BELONG TO THE NINJA NOW!!

:lol:

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent. I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

My experience has been that this sort of thing works both ways. But suffice it to say I agree. :P

Or heck, not even a Rogue. "Stealthy, agile hunter who often wields daggers" works for me. The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history. But stealth and knife-fighting is definitely something I always had in mind for him. Even the glamour I had in mind for him as GLA gives him a dagger and buckler with light armor - so this is perfect.

It'll be interesting to see how Ninja is implemented in the lore, though. Whether it's a "super-special-snowflake" job like White Mage, or if they're actually somewhat common in Doma and Yugiri is training a bunch of them.

As long as people don't start power-gaming in RP to hide in plain sight or one-shot a fully armored opponent.  I understand wanting to be the stealthy assassin, but when my Sultansworn already knows you're there that advantage is lost.

Our lack of helmets will damn us all.

Or you guys can train in both arts of combat such as Xydane. We have a common saying in my workplace IRL - "In order to understand your opponent, you must understand how they fight."

Now I finally have a class I can use to back up Xydane's fighting background. *Cough* Ul'dah Assassination *Cough*

The whole Mudra and "Ninpo" schtick doesn't fit at all, in my Keeper's case, nor does the Lominsan underworld history.

Bleh, the Ninja Job lore will likely have to be ignored or adapted outright because they'll probably pull another "you are the the only one worthy of being a [insert job]" story with a senpai Ninja who will pass down his exclusive super secret skills to you and you alone.

So just do what you want, that's pretty much what I'm doing with Rakka'li and White Mage, eventually.