Franz Renatus

I. Basic Info 

• Characters:Franz (There is no surname. Repeat it with me. There is no surname.); Unnamed Mercenary; A few others I never login with
  • Primary character:Franz Renatus
  • Linkshells: The Grindstone (coordination LS), Roll Eorzea, Tentative Allies, a few others for OOC/chat.

II. RP Style 

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium-ish? I'm still pretty new to RP in MMOs, but would like to get myself involved more. I tend ot have a few internal/personal plots that run in unison with anything else I might RP out in the world. While I'll generally try to keep them separate, I do welcome people to inquire if anything I'm involved in looks interesting. I like to keep Franz ready as a side character to other people's plots more than trying to run my own.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I'm generally fine on combat, to an extent. I'm not looking for random lethal combat. I -DO- like semi-random (dice or /random) pre-arranged combat, like the Grindstone event. If I'm to do free-form combat, I generally like to have the outcome predetermined, as many times, I've just seen bigger and bigger attacks and no-selling damage from random encounters. I'm not interested in having my character lose limbs or die without consent.
  • Views on IC romance:
    Franz is/was married. He has/had a wife. Please be aware that while I'm OOCly open to seeing if romance with another character could go somewhere, it's fairly unlikely. In general, I'm not looking for romance RP as the only thing I'll be RPing. It's welcome to be a part, but not the focus.
  • Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    The more the better. My memory can be kinda bad, but I do enjoy making lasting friendships! Storylines with character growth are a lot of fun. If some odd reason you think our characters are related and/or should have met/known each other in the past, talk to me! There's a good chance I'd love to work on such a collaboration if you think it would be interesting. If you think your character could benefit from meeting Franz, send me a PM/tell/SAY SOMETHING. I spend a fair amount of time OOC and planning silly things. We can bounce ideas and see if there are any hooks to work with. Otherwise, we can simply make one. Having I mentioned Franz like drinking in pubs?
  • Views on lore:
    I like to generally adhere to the lore and look for interesting pieces of it that I can use and bend to make interesting characters. I'm not looking to play the Warrior of Light, but I could be open to one day playing a character cursed with the Echo, or other similar levels of power. I'm interested in Primal/Eikon theory as well as Magic Theory within the game's setting, and it shows in some characters of mine. If I'm doing something that you believe contradicts the lore, I'll be happy to offer my explanations and perhaps we can both benefit from the discussion. I'm not interested in anything that explicitly breaks the lore of the game, and will likely avoid or distance myself from such.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    They are a godsend. I usually try to keep some Linkshell slots available.
    ((Out of Character text while RPing will try to end up in these))
    "Spoken text will end up in these, including emotes"
    I like to combine /say and /em to use as needed. If a chat needs to be private, then I'll use /tell or /party, but I'd rather keep my dialogue out in the open unless it's supposed to be something that someone else -really- could not hear. I'd rather have my privacy handled by setting, not chat restriction.

III. Other Info 

• Timezone:Pacific Time (PST/PDT)
  • Contact info:I generally have the game open if I'm online. PMing me here to find other methods of contact is accepted too. I live on my phone. I do make use of Skype and Google Hangouts (aka gchat).

• 1 year later...