FFXIV Cosplay

Sorry if there's a similar thread floating around out there somewhere!

I've just started on a Miqo'te WHM cosplay! Still needs a lot of work!

yavqNfi.jpg

1403208580_140619-160736.jpg

Who else has done an XIV cosplay or intents to in the future! I saw a couple great Miqo'te cosplayers at Colossalcon this year. Share your FFXIV cosplay photos and/or your plans!

I've had a few friends really try to get me into cosplay, but I've never done it... maybe time to change it.. though I think there are characters I'd do before FF XIV ^^

I can't see much of the WHM outfit there, but what I can see looks lovely! Especially the bow :)

Going to make some Miqo'ears? ^^

I've had a few friends really try to get me into cosplay, but I've never done it... maybe time to change it.. though I think there are characters I'd do before FF XIV ^^

You should, it can get a little costly but it's very fun! I have a couple other cosplays, but I decided it's time I do something XIV related. :)

I haven't buckled down to do my own FFXIV cosplay yet, but I've worked on a few for friends. My personal suggestion for anyone dabbling in armor for this project to look up suppliers for PVC Foam Board, light, easy to work with, and primes/paints super easily. We made an entire Dragoon Job set + Gae Bolg spear with the stuff in under a month.

Unfortunately for me my group tends to want to go all-in with mutual interests... only one other person in my cosplay group plays FFXIV /gg

I now reveal my true form...

Fanime_Coolmikeol%20.jpg

(Picture taken by Coolmikeol)

fanime_2014_miqo.jpg

...as a tiny female miqo'te. :>

One of my friends is an apparel designer who creates cosplay outfits for others. I commissioned him to make the Allagan Tunic of Casting for me, because it was my favorite gear set at the time. Also, I can't sew worth beans and would probably have created an abomination if I tried to make the tunic myself. Derp.

I now reveal my true form...

Fanime_Coolmikeol%20.jpg

(Picture taken by Coolmikeol)

fanime_2014_miqo.jpg

...as a tiny female miqo'te. :>

One of my friends is an apparel designer who creates cosplay outfits for others. I commissioned him to make the Allagan Tunic of Casting for me, because it was my favorite gear set at the time.  Also, I can't sew worth beans and would probably have created an abomination if I tried to make the tunic myself.  Derp.

Awesome, it looks great! :D I'm terrible at sewing myself, commissioned my costume, but I'll have to do some work myself on on the wig, ears, and tail. And.. I'm going to reluctantly try my hand at doing some embroidery to pretty up my robe and make it the Cleric's Robe!

I hope it turns out well! When you stick the ears on your wig - are you planning to use a headband or just sewing the ears into the weft of the wig? If you're going to do the latter, I recommend picking up one of those styrofoam wig-holders so that you can make sure the ears are in the right place/right angle.

It can get sort of wonky otherwise.

I hope it turns out well! When you stick the ears on your wig - are you planning to use a headband or just sewing the ears into the weft of the wig?  If you're going to do the latter, I recommend picking up one of those styrofoam wig-holders so that you can make sure the ears are in the right place/right angle.

It can get sort of wonky otherwise.

I'm not sure yet! I don't think I trust myself to sew it on, so I think I'm probably going to try clipping the ears on/sticking them in with bobby pins or something to avoid having to try to hide a headband.

Awesome!  Are you the one who commissioned the Healing Tunic?  He mentioned two folks were interested in Allagan Tunics, but one wanted the white version.

No, though that would have been interesting. I commissioned another Casting Tunic ^^

Weeo, thats awesome looking!

Your friends work is really awesome I'll have to be sure to note his work on my list of crafters...

IS he going to Dragon Con this year? I'd love to get some pictures of his work and a few costumer friends of mine looking over my shoulder now want to asking him trade questions that are going over my head haha~

Weeo, thats awesome looking!

Your friends work is really awesome I'll have to be sure to note his work on my list of crafters...

IS he going to Dragon Con this year? I'd love to get some pictures of his work and a few costumer friends of mine looking over my shoulder now want to asking him trade questions that are going over my head haha~

I've no idea if he's going to DragonCon. I thiiiiink he and his girlfriend are heading to AX though! His website is right here if you want to peek at it. There's also his facebook page.

10013823_10152192934893697_4629948831920655419_n.jpg

Also I saw this guy at the last con I went to and I cried a little.

...oh my god.

• 2 months later...

My friend showed me pictures! :D Are you going to be a miqo'te? If yes, I would ask him to make a hole in the back for your tail. We had to cut into mine in a hotel room when we realised last minute. :V

My friend showed me pictures!  :D  Are you going to be a miqo'te?  If yes, I would ask him to make a hole in the back for your tail.  We had to cut into mine in a hotel room when we realised last minute. :V

I'd have to do more work to do that so I'm going to avoid Miqo'te Kage cosplay.

Just... be... a blm in allagan tunic probably. Or Lalafell Kage...