Gauging Interest - Monthly Primal Hunt

It's been a part of my character's personal story arc for a while now that he's keen to grapple with Leviathan. However, I've put off organizing the event and trying to dance around the schedules of those involved. I realize now that if I schedule it, people will come. And due to the nature of developments in RP, primal hunting is very much a thing he is keen on.

But Dogberry is only one man. He cannot take on the primals alone. He needs able hands, fierce warriors, and powerful mages. Syldra's Revenge seeks brave souls who would throw themselves into oblivion for the chance to kill a god. One night each month, we seek out a primal. If more than 8 should join us, we will incorporate side adventures and coordinated assaults to allow a variety of RP situations. The plan is to run the Hard Modes of each primal, with special Extreme modes thrown in occasionally for extra challenge and higher IC stakes.

I'm shooting for a regular schedule of the last Sunday night of the month, starting this weekend if there's interest. I certainly hope there is. I want the event to be a space for each player to use in their own RP goals while telling its own story. One of ambition, revenge, and making maybe a few too many deals with a few too many devils.

Ohhh, I'm definitely interested in this! 

Berrod has been looking for situations that allow him to go all out (outside of a training environment) and battling against a primal or two would present the perfect opportunity! He's heard a few things that have made him hesitant to face Titan, but he'd be more than up for going after the other three. 

Other than that, this sounds like a great way to meet folks and just have a grand time.

I suppose Hornet could give you one day a month.

Just think of it like that unpleasant and bloody affair that comes along every month, but it only lasts one night.

And coincidentally enough, she blames both on Dogberry.

Buh...wha...HOW?!

Anything can be blamed on Dogberry if you just believe.

[align=center]28323103.jpg[/align]

After a brief investigation, it is my conclusion that this means Hornet want's Dogberry's babies all up ins.

Congratulations and/or my sympathies, Doggie.

I have a feeling Dhem is going to take issue with this.

Good luck with that Dog. I'd suggest going to ground and coming up with a new alias.

Jancis would be moved to help protect people and support the fighters as she could. She's been coddled a bit too much in the safety of city walls.

But if a healer is needed for simple hard modes I'm happy to sit as standby.

If your group took on Garuda, Rumah (when he comes out), or heck even King Moogle Mog :lol: Kiht would be willing to help in some way. Those Primals could be direct threats to the Black Shroud (her home).

All other Primals she would help with in an indirect way, but would not fight them directly in most cases. She is a great scout, and could help track the Beastmen who would summon the Primals, or the Primals themselves.

Lately she is feeling rusty and out of practice, so this would be something she might get crazy enough to try. Also, she likes dangerous hunts. Primals would be the ultimate dangerous hunt.

OOC: ilvl 89 Dragoon (Soon to be ilvl 90).

IC: Master Lancer and Scout.

Theta would love this as well. She needs more...samples...from these obviously dangerous aetheric beasts for the sake of advancement that does not involve weapons of mass destruction and/or mortal experimentation!

We should talk. Expect a PM from me soon.

And yes, Garuda, Ramuh, and Moogle Mog are all on the hit list.

Theta would love this as well. She needs more...samples...from these obviously dangerous aetheric beasts for the sake of advancement that does not involve weapons of mass destruction and/or mortal experimentation!

*shifty eyes*

Who does this?

No one does this.

I have no idea why someone would think such a thing would be a good story arc culminating in the creation of such things?

*awkward pause*

What are we talking about?

I believe we were talking about beating the crap out of moogles.

Because we're totally doing that.

Twice. At least.

Moogles. Totally beating the hell out of moogles.

Yeah.

Twice.

Moogle-boppers.

Also. when we fight Garuda, I want to ask her about her workout routine. She's got some seriously well-toned thighs for a woman who never has to walk ever. Maybe we should re-think our approach to Garuda. We can frame the whole thing as a workout video and sell it on early morning TV infomercials like P90X and Insanity. We'd make so much money.