FC Rooms preview

For anyone who hasn't spotted it: 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e0ec6f44c2cfb3dc4d7267bb84c794de31482c6b

It looks pretty good! 

Though I do want to ask how your FC is handling the idea of having rooms in the FC house icly, considering that it can't actually be seen from the outside of the house and I doubt even the big houses would have 512 rooms hidden away. For my FC, I'm planning on simply saying they are underground rooms, because with how our house is located we can't really go out to the sides and imagine there's a corridor or somesuch. 

It also looks like you can visit people's rooms without being invited (from how they explain the functions you can even set a greeting message, which makes me think upon clicking on the door people get a list of rooms they can enter) which opens up for using some rooms as additions to the house itself, like a library and the likes. It's very interesting!

Yeah, If there aren't any windows with light streaming in, I'm going to go with 'Uh the rooms are downstairs yes good'.

I've been kind of bummed that you need the (for now) GC rank cap on the character because I was fully prepared to get rooms for all four of my level 50 toons. I guess Berrod gets his room while I grind ranks for the other three guys! 

With the guest settings I intended to turn those rooms into additional areas for the FC House using my alts. I guess we'll see how it goes!

I'm ridiculously excited regardless.

I've been pondering the rooms in Mysterium's cottage being accessed through some sort of Aethereal flows (a la Halatali) or time-space doorway (like the Diabolos doors, just less, you know, evil :) ). Perhaps the cottage is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, or maybe all of the additional rooms are colocated at the correspondence point. :) While we have room in our plot to go underground or into nearby areas, it's an office for mages, and weird stuff happens when you have a lot of Aether being manipulated in one place...

It'll be something we'll have to think about to make it both play nice with lore and be appropriately amusing as well as somewhat disturbing.

I'll be RPing that my room is the captain's quarters of a ship, so it's asking for a little bit of abstraction that no, you totally didn't just walk through a house to get here. As a series, FF doesn't really have much regard for space. You can keep a cottage in a bag. Wherever these games take place, they must have all had some kind of contact with Gallifrey.

I'll be RPing that my room is the captain's quarters of a ship, so it's asking for a little bit of abstraction that no, you totally didn't just walk through a house to get here. As a series, FF doesn't really have much regard for space. You can keep a cottage in a bag. Wherever these games take place, they must have all had some kind of contact with Gallifrey.

GALLIFREY FALLS..NO MORE.

More seriously and on topic, this presents an interesting dilemma for me: I've been mulling over leaving the FC I'm in as Yvelont for one that's more RP-oriented. Time for me to stop hem-hawing about and make a decision, since these rooms are non-refundable..

3rfius.jpg

Really, imagination. :3 I plan on using my room as something else, like Dogberry. But we have initiated 'construction' on our current FC house to add a few rooms for those who actually do want to live at the FC house.

I want an FC house... unfortunately I think the plots in the new wards, in especially the Goblet, are going to be back to the original prices. ~20mil for a small? in 2.3.

Source, or is this just a hunch?

I want an FC house... unfortunately I think the plots in the new wards, in especially the Goblet, are going to be back to the original prices. ~20mil for a small? in 2.3.

Price point? People had it in 2.1 that smalls in Balmung were around 20mil when they first dropped and the notes at the time mentioned that new wards would have the original prices.

On the Ward... they announced on the forums that a 6th ward would be added to The Goblet, Mist, and Lavender Beds in 2.3

Price point? People had it in 2.1 that smalls in Balmung were around 20mil when they first dropped and the notes at the time mentioned that new wards would have the original prices.

On the Ward... they announced on the forums that a 6th ward would be added to The Goblet, Mist, and Lavender Beds in 2.3

Ah, okay. Meant price point. Thanks, Kage.

It's pretty much going to happen for reals as it's a housing mechanic, just one that we have already forgotten about. When FC housing first came out, no one really had enough money for FC housing and since we all knew that the prices would drop, most people just waited until the prices were literally at their lowest point before buying. 

With us only getting a single ward per realm, per housing area, there is no reason for the housing wards to suddenly disobey the mechanic they were introduced on. Prices will start at the original because this has always been the case. SE is being stingy with the amount of housing wards they introduce so I expect, at least for medium houses, for waiting for the lowest prices to buy a house to be a thing of the past, especially for any medium houses in desirable locations, like Mist housing. 

We saw a huge boost in FCs buying houses in 2.3 but this was because A. It became easier to make money and housing had been out for a while and more importantly: B. When legacy servers' lowest prices for housing were changed to match non-legacy server prices.

-----------------

Anyway, onto FC rooms. Hm, I don't really see the need to explain why FC rooms are there. I thought it was self-explanatory. These are rooms that are just as apart of your FC house as your main rooms. At least, personally, I don't see a need for explanations at least. I don't find what the house to look on the outside coupled with the addition of FC rooms to be immersion breaking so I plan on RPing my FC room as an actual part of the house unless my FC leaders say otherwise. 

I definitely support anyone who wants to RP their FC room as something else. I'm just surprised at the amount of people who seem to be going for that option.