Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome)

"Miss Rose?!"

Oh, thank the Gods it was someone she knew and not a perverted Marmool Ja!

"M-Mister Warden?! S'tha' you?! Ah-ah'm 'ere - NGHH... ow.." Elyscia tried to sit up and shifted, but the debris had pinned her down to her side.

Luckily for her, though, her miqo'te eyesight (though largely un-trained) was able to help her quickly adjust to discern things in the darkness, and could see the bumbling, crouched man, who was taking baby steps with his hand along the floor - possibly being very careful not to accidentaly grope the miqo'te girl.

"J-..jus' ah few mare.. Yer goin' th'wrong way! S'tae th'right. No! Your right!"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How am I supposed to know which right you're talking about!" He hollered back and came across a heavy portion of pillar. "Oh, I think this is it. Sorry." He apologized and began moving the stones and variable bits, being careful not to touch her injured limb.

"You took a hell of a fall. You're alright though, we'll get you right out of here in a snap."

It was relieving feeling the load from her leg lightening, but it still felt tense and hurt too much to move.

"Ngh... talkin' 'bout snap.. ah think me leg's... Ugh - ah dunno.. hurts loads."

As he continued to carefully, and slowly free her leg, she looked skyward up to the hole - it looked so high up....

"..How're we gonna get outta 'ere, Mister Warden...? Even if ah stood on yer shoulders, ah dinnae think ah'll reach...."

Warren looked at the girl then up at the hole they came in through. It was easily fifteen or twenty fulms over head.

"Yeah, I doubt we're climbing out... This looks to be a tunnel of some sort, though. It has to lead somewhere..." He trailed off and squinted. Sure enough, there was a continuation of the path they were on that went into the shadows.

"I can carry you if you can't walk."

'I can carry you...'

Elyscia put her hands out in-front of her and waved them at the man, shaking her head at the same time; "Nay! Ah'll be bloody fine. Ah can..." very slowly would the young miqo'te attempt to stand, obviously placing more weight on the other leg and showing the strain and pain through her facial expression.

"S-see? Ah can..- gah!" Not balancing herself correctly, the girl stumbled and used near-by debris to help keep herself up, whimpering and her tail curled tight around her hip.

"You're going to have to fight me off, then." He spoke with a steady candor, then scooped the girl up before she could fall. "You're hurt, and I'm not letting you walk on that leg until I get you to a cleric."

Her options were pretty simple: Wrap her arms around his neck to steady herself and be carried out, or fight and fall on the ground.

Elyscia was scooped-up by Warren before she could even warn him, and she gave him the look of an animal being cornered as she kicks (with one leg) and screams, hissing and hitting the man's thick shoulders and arms. "Don't touch me! St-stop! Don't touch me! Let me GO!"

And he did, and she fell to the ground - squeaking in pain, then wrapped her arms around herself and tried to calm down. But not before sobbing out; "Ah don' fuckin' like folk touchin' me!"

Warren recoiled, his intent on helping and carrying her out completely and utterly dismantled by her violent reaction to him touching her. He wasn't sure what he'd done wrong, and he didn't know why she reacted so vehemently to him trying to pick her up, but he felt his heart shudder as he looked on the diminutive girl huddling by herself with her damaged leg and sobbing to herself.

He recovered the towel she'd been wrapped in and carefully tried to wipe the dirt that had accumulated on it, then held it out without looking at her. His voice was distant when he spoke.

"I... I'm sorry."

The distressed girl tried her hardest to shake the feeling of un-wanted contact as she sat balled-up on the floor and cussed out loud.

Her breathing pace had risen too quickly, so she also tried to take long and deep breaths to calm herself down and attempted to stand-up to distract herself from the confusion and the screaming thoughts in her head. Hobbling against the wall, she only managed two limped steps before she stopped and simply leaned against it - her arms and tail was still wrapped around her body tightly.

"Ah jus' cannae, Mister Warden..." she whimpered. Elyscia couldn't look at him, but she knew he was only trying to help. It was just so sudden, and she was angry at herself.

After a few moments of trying to calm herself down, Elyscia took a deep breath and limped towards Warren where she would hold onto the end of the towel, but not to take it. She held on to it as though the towel were a stick that little boys and girls would hold onto so they wouldn't be holding hands, because; ew, gross, cooties.

Warren looked down at her gesture with a mix of worries, primarily for her walking on an injured leg but also because he didn't want her to think he had cooties or something.

"Are you sure you're okay to move on that?" He only wanted to confirm with her once, to make sure she wasn't putting on a strong face. Warren didn't know what he'd do if she said yes and then was clearly hurting as they looked for a way out, but he also didn't get a chance for her to answer right away. Something was dragging on the ground behind them, slowly but deliberately.

The scuffling noise continued, creeping closer from the impenetrable shadows behind them.

• 2 weeks later...

{Sorry for being inconsistant with replies; just been having a lot of stuff happen and not been in the mood to... I do this for Warren. <3.. Who now coinidentally won't be able to reply back to me 'cause vacays. Well, screw you buddy.}

Elyscia's chest tightened and she barely breathed as she kept her sights in the direction of the scuffling noises; it echoed and the miqo'te had goosebumps - all the hairs fur on her tail were standing on end and raised straight-up in alert.

The scuffling noise was growing louder - it sounded hollow, it sounded as though something were dragging itself along the ground but neither the man or the girl would know what it is until it crept into the light that spilled down from the hole above.

And as it did, the girl shrieked and threw the towel over Warren and she panicked - stuck between wanting to limp the Hells away, and suddenly changing her mind and having the Highlander carry her the Hells away with the towel acting as a security blanket for her - a good enough cheat as he technically isn't touching her.