Onsen Omake (Semi-Open OOC Welcome)

Kage blinked just a tiny bit incredulously before smiling at Natalie. He turned to face 'Porkchop' with a less hostile expression before sighing.

"So what shall I call you? I can't call you 'Merc' or 'Porkchop' and there is no way on Hydaelyn that I would call you 'Frhanz'."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a jokingly, but absolutely serious tone, "As long as it isn't 'porkchop'.... I /still/ have no idea how she arrived at that." On a lighter note, "Besides, I think 'Merc' gets by just fine. And while 'Frhanz', all sounds pronounced, is out of the question, I can't help but turn around when someone says it. What about just 'Franz', or if I were to make a proper Garlean name, 'Franz nil Renatus', the title probably means nothing to the two of you, but until I can find out more of my past, I'll use the name of the man that changed my life, and the name of the damned thing that brought me here."

Making a small, but comforting smile, "I'm not sure if 'friends' is the right term to use here, but it would be nice to not be enemies. I'll leave that you you. I know I've caused a lot of pain, and I want to make amends for it. Besides, I'm sure you could find a use for me. Even if it's a punching bag." He smirked. "that last encounter was pretty.....bad. Your punches could use some work."

Could they get along? He was almost old enough to have been their parents' age, putting racial differences aside. His daughter....if she and her mother were still alive, how old would she be? He couldn't even recall her name, nor anything about her. The pain of a forgotten memory reminded him of what he was now. Merc was still aware of the darkness within himself, and this could be a path to redemption. He wouldn't deny the feeling that he was still a weapon himself, and at a certain hyuran woman's back and call, he would have to act. He wondered just how much of his recent events she knew, but it was safer to assume she had eyes everywhere, or possibly, within him. He didn't know. But that would be a problem for later. 

They were here to relax and forget about the worries of life. To live in the moment for a change. And he planned to do just that.

Trying to wiggle his hand out of Natalie's grasp so they could shake on Kage's terms, he waited. If they could get past this, it would be better for the both of them.

"Aye, well ah'm no' a wain or ah woman, ah still feel like ah wee lassie!" She giggles, making her damp fringe fall over her eyes, but she didn't bother fixing it. Elyscia's hair had grown very long since Warren last saw her many moons ago - in fact, the young miqo'te looked different in-general: flowing, firey-red locks floated in the water, and though she retained her childish mentality and demeanour, it could be seen from her eyes, or perhaps the slight increase in her confidence around others, and loss of babyfat in her face cheeks that she was turning and growing into a fine young lady. Or something.

"Ah'm still wantin' t'ride Victory! Ah'v no ridin' one b'fore! Yer really no' s'pose t'ride other folks' choc'bos at me work, but ah bloody wanna so bleedin' much! Oh, 'n' bloody Hells... Miss Nannybee was fuckin' real mad at me.. fer ditchin' th'caravan thing.. but wis all her fault fer .. whit happened.." Her voice went lower towards the end, and she trailed off - her expression stern and distant.

Until she thought about something, and instantly perked-up, laughing as she spoke.

"S'that mean yer a crab, Mist'r Warden? You blew ah shite load'ah bubbles jus' there!"

Warren furrowed his brow when she trailed off from youthful optimism and excitement to dour and upset. She brightened suddenly and he seemed to be caught off guard, laughing at the implication.

"I've probably been called a crab at one point or another in my career. I was just trying to play along, really." He looked away, consciously aware of the flush in his cheeks. He didn't realize his playfulness was going to be noticed by someone who he's used to being serious around.

"At any rate, next time you're in Ul'dah we can work something out. You'll need to be careful, though. He's used to carrying my heavy self around, armor and all. He might take to the air with someone so light on his back. Or he'll forget to go, since he won't notice you." He grinned, the image of a flying chocobo with a screaming miqo'te hanging on for dear life striking him like some sort of fairytale.

Elyscia squeals and both her hands erupt from the water so she could excitedly clap them together, effectively splashing the man's face. But her excitement quickly blanked as she tilted her head to one side in thought whilst looking at him,

"But ah'v no' 'ny reason t'really go back tae Ul'dah... Ul'dah's ah shite hole!" She grumbles out, mimicking his loosely crossed arms.

"Ah only go back tae Ul'dah when ah need t'go see me Doctor... Ah'm goin' straight back hame t'Limsa aftah this." Her ears press down against the side of her head again as she pouts. "Ah'm still workin' real hard 'til ah can buy me own choc'bo - ah fancy havin' ah best friend-like."

Kage watched Natalie leave fondly, a gentle smile on his face as she skipped out. He turned to the Highlander with a more serious but angered look. He ran a hand through his hair after briefly removing his beret to do so.

The Miqo'te slowly but surely lifted his own hand to grasp the inside of the Garlean's forearm. He shook his head and murmured, "You can't always be known as just something, not just some-one-. You need to be a person... Franz."

He let go after giving the grip a slight squeeze before picking his bag again. He headed to a different room to change into the lighter, clean, shorts material to wear in the hot springs.

Warren frowned again, considering the diminutive girl in front of him.

"The Jewel might not be all She used to be, but there's a lot of good folks working real hard to improve that. How about the next time you visit your doc you come by and we'll get you some fresh air from Victory's saddle? Works wonders whenever I'm feeling under the weather, you know. Hells, bring the doctor, maybe he'll agree it'll help you."

A brow lifted and she gave him an amused look, "She! Are ya 'llowed t'ask if they can go out choc'bo ridin' wae ya?.. Me Doctor's ah real nice lady - ah wee bit tae fancy, no' th'sorta folk ah'd be 'round; ah don' ken much elezen.. but she's like always busy-like. She only talks t'me 'bout how ah'm feelin' 'n' she keeps smilin'... s'ah wee bit weird sometimes."

Ending in a slight shrug, she continues on, "Ah don' come back tae Ul'dah 'til like end o' th'moon or somethin', anyways. S'wee bit o' ah while off."

A light went on in the back parts of Warren's mind and he wondered for a moment... Nah, couldn't be.

"Well, you know where to find me. I'm never anywhere in the city if I'm not holding up that pillar in the Quicksand. Place'd fall down without me, I swear." He gives a proud, humorous grin and puffs his chest out for a moment before letting his arms slack and sinking back into the pool. His expression turned inquisitive.

"What're you doing out there, anyway? It's not like you to be off alone willingly. What if I was anybody else?"

Elyscia watched his chest puff out and quickly turned her head to the side to try and save herself an awkward look - her face felt warm again.

Tilting her head to the other side, her damp ear flopped down and dipped into the water and still kept her gaze averted from him, "D'ya ken what ah'm like, like? Ah saw ye fer like two suns or somethin'... Wells, ah'm 'ere wae me sist'r.. me boyfriend wis-like.. still try'na get 'em t'stop bloody hatin' ea'chother.." She mumbles and shrugs again, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

".. 'Sides.. y'smelled familiar. Ah sorta ken who y'were... Ah dunno. Ah wee bit's changed since y'last saw me. Folk've been helpin' me be ah wee bit braver.. 'n' ah've been learnin' t'fight fer mesel' so ah'm no' -tae- scared." The miqo'te smiles proudly to herself from how much she's grown-up and learned, and her body - well, her head since that's the only thing Warren could see - was slightly swaying and bobbing as her tail swished happily in the water behind her.

Warren noted her turn away and felt guilty. He only had an estimate of what was going on with her but he didn't mean to scare her. That's what he thought it was, anyway.

"We only worked together for a pair of days, but a lot happened in that time. I think so, anyway. I might not be too smart but I like to consider myself observant at the very least. I didn't realize I had a smell though..." He looked himself over selfconsciously then submerged deeper into the pool, up to his shoulders.

"You've been learning to fight?" He sounded pleasantly surprised. "I wouldn't have guessed it. Maybe I'm not as observant as I thought."

A very un-ladylike snort which was also the sound of the miqo'te trying to suppress laughter, was pushed out when Elyscia saw the man sink down into the water until only his head was could be seen.. just like hers.

She just wasn't able to keep her laughter under-control as she burst out into little giggles and brought a hand up to cover half of her face, unable to look at him.

"S-sorry. G-gie me ah wee bit tae-..." her voice was shakey from the tittering.

"G-Gods, Mist'r Warden.." Finally calming down, the girl quickly dunked her face into the water and let out a 'hah' out of her system; her face was clearly beaming red and she still couldn't bring herself to look at him properly, feeling awkward and embarassed.

"U-uhmns, a-anyways... A-aye! Ah'm .. learnin' t'like.. fend fer mesel'.. Heh. Me boyfriend's teachin' me t'like.. -uhmn - use wee weapons. How t'like, throw folk 'round if they even try'n' touch me. That sorta shite."

As Kage left the room, he couldn't come to any other conclusion than "Eorzeans are weird". He'd know. Even if Frhanz wasn't exactly "average" among them, there were enough differences between Eorzean and Garlean culture to make his head spin.

Wasn't a name simply a title for something, including a person? He didn't really understand what Kage had meant by "he needed to be a person". Mumble to himself, "...I think I have a pretty define sense of self, even if I can't remember most of it." He could only hope that he'd get some other pieces of his life back.

Not wanting to have to explain being a Garlean to anyone else, he placed the glamour for his Garlean third eye back on, to hide it away. Natalie and Kage may know his secret, but the rest of Eorzea probably wouldn't take it as well. The two miqo'te did seem to even care, which he found odd.

Going to another room that was empty, he made use of aetherial garments once again, changing into some shorts Frhanz had left over. The entire idea of storing equipment, items, and clothing that way struck a heavy blow on his national pride, but he was willing to say Garlemald was behind the time on storage if he could keep the ability.

Once changed, he exited the room to look for Natalie and Kage. "Maybe now we'll get to enjoy those hot springs..."

The thought of the tiny miqo hip-throwing handsy roegadyn causes the highlander to crack a smile.

"I can see that working. It's an impressive art, using someone's momentum against them? I only know the basics myself, mostly so when people try to throw me into the sun I can know."

He splashed his face with the water, shaking his head and spraying droplets all about.

"S'no' jus' that, Mist'r Warden.. s'like.. keepin' ah wee knife on me or somethin' 'n' all, like in me bootsies.. Ah don' wanna be all useless 'n' shite 'n' no' b'able t'help mesel' - ah'v had enough'ah that shite."

Watching him splash his hair about like a model made the childish miqo'te snicker again - the giggles wasn't entirely out of her system. How do you even wash dreads, anyway?

"I can respect that. I hope it works out for you, Miss Rose." He smiled at her genuinely, glad to see the girl had found something to fire herself up with. If not for the fact she kept laughing at him, he almost would have taken her for an older sister to the girl who was trembling at the sight of multiple people.

"You seem to be doing alright for yourself. That's good!" He pulled back the braids and set the braids over his shoulder. What kind of person has dreadlocks, anyway?

Elyscia looked at his braids, and wondered how people braided their hair, and wondered how people washed their braids.

"Ah guess. Ah still feel like ah wee dumb lassie who kens fuck all but shite 'n' all that.. But wha'bout you? Ah mean, y'said y'still wear that big hunk'ah met'l 'n' stand 'round th'Quick Sand? How's Miss Momodi?"

"Of course I do. It's not here because I didn't think bathing in it would help any, but that's my job you know. I keep the peace! Momodi is doing quite fine, as ever. I think that woman's going to run the Quicksand forever.

"You're still young, you know. No one expects anyone to know everything by your age. Hells, I didn't straighten up and figure out what I wanted until I was well into adulthood. Don't sweat the details."

Elyscia shakes her head, exclaiming, "Nay! Folk're s'posed t'figger their shite out 'n' ken whit they wanna b'doin' when they're well young! Ah ken wee lassies who're seein' their bloody fifteenth Summer 'n' can bloody fight bet'r than me, 'n' ken mare 'bout ah buncha other shite!"

Sighing out, she then considers to ask, "...When'd ya figger y'wanted t'dae all'ah this Pally shite, anyroad?"

The girl also considered something else; that they had been in the hot springs for quite a wee while, and she brought her hands up to her face to look at her fingers, which looked as wrinkly as a...-

..-all of a sudden, a small splash came in-between the miqo'te and the hyur: it was a beach ball. Of Eorzean standards. You know. It was shaped like an angry, orange bomb. It made Elyscia shit herself and gasp an almost-scream out.

Suddenly! A bomb! Warren sprung into action as the voidsent splashed down between them, lunging forward and uppercutting the thing into the stratosphere.

...that was a near-literal summary of events as the paladin's reflexes made him full-out attack a beach ball. The orange toy went spiraling into the air, becoming a much smaller dot as it sailed up and away.

"...hey! You big jerk! I was trying to play!" The ponytailed blonde from before was yelling at him from a distance. "Beachbomb, come baaa~aaaack!" She went traipsing after it and waving frantically.

Warren sank back into the pool up to his nose, mumbling on his way down.

"...was because of a girl." He looks away, eyes guilty.

Gobsmacked. The miqo'te girl was completely gobsmacked by what had just happened, and how quick the large highlander's reflexes were that she actually felt sorry for the inaminate object that was offered to the Gods and launched towards the sun.

Thinking that his guilty mumbling was a mention to the pig-tailed blondie, Elyscia just shook her head wondering out loud, ".....What'f that wis ah wee Lala-folk canonballin' intae th'wat'r 'n' y'jus'... smacked 'im outta th'pool..?"

His snappy tone made the young miqo'te girl pout and frown; ears fell down to the side of her head, and she floated a few fulms back away from him.

"...Bloody Hells..." she mumbled. Noting that this grown man was acting like a child, though, with his pouting and folded arms and looking away like a little boy having a tantrum, Elyscia responded with what she felt was the most appropriate action.

With both her hands in the water and by her hips, she turned her palms to face him.. and with all her force she swung them upwards, and a torrent of water fell upon the man's head.

Elyscia narrowed her eyes at him in a mock-glare, the side of her mouth curled up mischievously.