Tylwyth Narah

[align=center]N0MltHa.png[/align]

Ul'dah is the city of a thousand stories, with an underworld so complex and ever-changing that even those tasked to police it have given up on fully understanding it. Within this varied landscape sits one organization among many: Tylwyth Narah, the sea-spirits. Small in numbers, they are notable mainly in that they are evidently a Roegadyn Sea Wolf gang in a desert city.

While we have our own RP that we do, we tend to focus on unscripted cross-FC roleplay. Here's the way it works: We are an in-character organized crime syndicate on the Balmung server. If you need some villain for your RP arc, contact us and we'll provide it. We'll help work out IC reasons why Tylwyth Narah would be involved, and provide you with short- or long-term foils for your characters to struggle against.

Not everyone in Tylwyth Narah is willing to participate in any kind of RP, but there are enough dark RP enthusiasts to support anything you might want to do. We're all on board with the idea that, as foils and supporting actors in other people's stories, we aren't necessarily going to succeed at what we do. For the most part, we expect to lose - though we often will lose very stylishly! We can also put you in contact with a group of players portraying Sultansworn/Immortal Flame officers, for the law-and-order side of the equation.

If you're interested in including Tylwyth Narah in your RP, either use the contact for here or get ahold of any of our officers in game. We operate as a linkshell, to allow members to remain in their free companies, though we also operate a Tylwyth Narah FC for those members who don't have one.

Our current list of recruiting officers is:

• Alexander Mason
  • Khivva Nhys
  • L'lani Tyata

• 3 weeks later...

With the addition of Kia and Zyia Tyanu, we are now officially the most child-friendly criminal organization in all Eorzea!

[23:13]C'kayah Tia shook his head and paced with the baby, rocking her and singing softly. It takes a few minutes, but the child calms. He moves to stand near Rinh'sae, his voice a soft sing-song. "He know nothing of us", he lilts. "And he shouldn't know anything of us. But if he's corruptible - if he's corruptible and still a Flame, then we could use him. You never know, right? But it's good to have something in the bank?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

MAnGBYy.jpg

Thanks to the hard work of everyone in the group, we're now headquartered in the Goblet. With the aid of some questionable bribery and connections with less upright Sultansworn, we have secured a trading charter from the Syndicate, rendering our caravans immune to search and seizure and classifying us as a Legitimate Trading Concern™ in Thanalan. Wealth is pouring in, which means that our power and influence is growing by leaps and bounds.

Come join us! You've got a friend in the family...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy Holidays from the lovable criminals at Tylwyth Narah!

We've taken a bit of a break to recharge our batteries and refresh our precious bodily fluids, and now we're back and ready to make trouble!

In this update, I'd like to highlight our job board! A cheap knock-off of something the software industry stole from Toyota, our job board helps us find RP opportunities by setting out simple and concrete things that need to happen to progress arcs. It's a little like a bulletin board covered in 3x5 cards:

02s4MU4.png

A single card might say something like "Investigate Coatleque Crofte". If you log in and are looking for something to do, you might think "I'll try that. I see her over there!". You go spy on her, maybe you talk to her, and learn that she's secretly a Garlean agent who sacrifices baby Miqo'te on Saturdays. So you go put that on the card! Someone else comes along and sees it and thinks "Baby Miqo'te! The humanity!", and creates a card about getting her in trouble with the Sultansworn. Someone else comes along, sees that card, and thinks "That's right up my alley!" and trails her. They find some concrete evidence of her Garlean ancestry and turn her in! The card comes off, three people have had fun RP (if you include Coatleque), and one more corrupt Sultansworn ends up facing the gaols! And that's only one of the many cards we've got up on the board at any time. It's a non-stop RP opportunity fest, and it can be yours!

But wait, there's more!

We're currently facing aggression from an ally turned enemy, a threat from a rival organization, and the suspicious eye of the Sultansworn. Come join us and all these troubles can be yours as well!

Now how much would you pay?

I'm interested in joining. Right now my character is a broke adventurer struggling to make ends meet for his family. Maybe he takes one step too far down curiosity lane and somehow gets involved with you guys? Let's work something out ^^

I'm interested in joining. Right now my character is a broke adventurer struggling to make ends meet for his family. Maybe he takes one step too far down curiosity lane and somehow gets involved with you guys? Let's work something out ^^

Sounds good! Here's a current list of Tylwyth Narah officers. Feel free to hit us up in game:

C'kayah Polaali

L'kenthi Rarahn

N'varrel Tia

Lathu'a Jhiyati

Tajih Bajhiri

Rinh'sae Nelhah

What's your character's name? I'll keep an eye open for him.

Sounds good! Here's a current list of Tylwyth Narah officers. Feel free to hit us up in game:

C'kayah Polaali

L'kenthy Rarahn

N'varrel Tia

Lathu'a Jhiyati

Tajih Bajhiri

Rinh'sae Nelhah

What's your character's name? I'll keep an eye open for him.

Pssst. My friendslist says that it's "L'kenthi" :P /runs

• 4 weeks later...

Contraband teas of the Black Shroud

The Duskwights of the Black Shroud have developed the cultivation of exotic and esoteric teas to a high degree. While these are not true teas, their preparation is similar, and they are consumed for a number of different purposes. Many of these teas have powerful psychoactive properties, and are contraband in Thanalan.

Contraband teas include:

• Mantissarine - Mildly hallucinogenic
  • Bilanette - Eliminates inhibitions
  • Dhuinisse - Enhances and changes sensations
  • Merain - Not strictly a tea, this liquor is produced by fermenting and then distilling Bilanette

A helpful guide from your friends at Tylwyth Narah.

all sounds very neat. Too bad the RP that will contain villians will not kick off until the expansion and at max level, I think i will have to bookmark the page for future reference until then I hope to see a variety of races join you guys :3

But I am seeking as of this post: Male Miqo'te (Machinist or Arcanist), Male Hyur (Murader or Paladin), Male Au Ra (Dragoon or bard) [when expansion hits], Female Elezen (Summoner or Blackmage)and the main villain being an Elezen male of any spellcasting class. 

I have most info and bullet points of the villains each on a document and such. So I hope to work with your company when the time comes and we can both work out a plan :D

• 1 month later...

Mandisserette - the scent of Duskwight irresistability.

Mandissarette is an Oriental-spicy perfume made by certain Duskwight clans in the Black Shroud. Its top notes are a mixture of fruits and spices, with floral middle notes and a woody base in addition to amber and musk. Mantissarine is used in the creation of this perfume, the mildly hallucinogenic properties of this herb giving the perfume an otherworldly effect that is said to make the wearer irresistible to others.

Mandisserette is popular with Ul'dahn dancers and courtesans, despite heavy restrictions on it's trade in Thanalan. It is banned in La Noscea on the basis of it's (reported) unusually powerful effect on Roegadyn. The perfume itself is rare, expensive, and difficult to acquire from it's reclusive makers. Due to C'kayah's connections with the Duskwight clans of the Black Shroud, developed over a decade of residence, he is able to acquire this perfume. Mandisserette forms a valuable portion of Tylwyth Narah's smuggling trade.

Mandisserette - the scent of Duskwight irresistability.

Mandissarette is an Oriental-spicy perfume made by certain Duskwight clans in the Black Shroud. Its top notes are a mixture of fruits and spices, with floral middle notes and a woody base in addition to amber and musk. Mantissarine is used in the creation of this perfume, the mildly hallucinogenic properties of this herb giving the perfume an otherworldly effect that is said to make the wearer irresistible to others.

Mandisserette is popular with Ul'dahn dancers and courtesans, despite heavy restrictions on it's trade in Thanalan. It is banned in La Noscea on the basis of it's (reported) unusually powerful effect on Roegadyn. The perfume itself is rare, expensive, and difficult to acquire from it's reclusive makers. Due to C'kayah's connections with the Duskwight clans of the Black Shroud, developed over a decade of residence, he is able to acquire this perfume. Mandisserette forms a valuable portion of Tylwyth Narah's smuggling trade.

Now -THIS- is something Stefan does not have his hands in. An interesting concept that could generate a huge profit. We need to discuss an opportunity here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Morbol wine is a sweet dessert wine made by a Moonkeeper Clan in the Black Shroud. The addition of treated morbol toxin lends this wine a unique flavor as well as giving it a hallucinogenic effect. It is typically diluted with water before drinking, weakening the effect of the wine. Consumed straight, it is powerfully psychoactive and is sometimes used for this purpose in Clan rituals.

Tylwyth Narah has secured exclusive access to export morbol wine and sell it through a number of Thanalan-based taverns.