Wait... STOP! Right there, that's it! -click-

Sylvain

The emotion written on your face was just too good to let it drift into the past!

I am , a pleasure. I hope I did not impose. I seek to capture the beauty of the world and those who live among it. 

MMORPG background:

FFXI & XIV – WoW – RF Online – Lineage II – RO I & II – Runescape (2D version) 

Accumulative time: 12 years 

RP experience:

A few months in WoW playing on Sisters of Elune

Character ideas/info:

is more a lover than a fighter. Naturally wanting to seek beauty, both in the world and in people, 's life revolves around preserving those intimate moments in which there is peace or hope. Having a natural eye to see such things is something he does not take for granted and feels the world can truly be a happier place when shown its true colors. 

His compassion for others often exceeds his capable limitations and this is a constant battle that he is slowly losing. Wanting to do more for people is what drives him to the edge and the closer he gets the more he discovers is possible. However, recognizing this has taken a toll on his mental stability. His warped mind has made him faceless in the act of being what people need him to be. His personality is manufactured to be what others need to keep them going and pushing forward. 

'Life is the balance between complimentary forces; good versus evil, warmth overpowering cold, love conquering hate, life surviving death, young outgrowing old. These forces are at constant play with one another and I walk the fine line between them. A perfect world is never perfect, there will always be evil carrying about a cold hate wanting only death until this world is old and dry. The response to this can be found in the good hearts of people bringing warmth and love, where the destined life of the young is to prevail over and over for eternity. 

What is it that is in the hearts of these people? It's obvious, Hydaelyn, the Mothercrystal.'

How did you learn about the coalition?:

I think I googled something about FFXIV Roleplaying. It was a few hours ago I do not remember honestly. I was sucked into reading up about this community and on the way I seemed to have gotten lost.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?:

Medium at least. Heavy currently seems intimidating but I suspect it is where I will find myself in the coming months.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc):

Earned my bachelor's degree in graphic design currently working a nine-to-five in the field and somewhat enjoying myself. I am currently at work writing all this but I would rather be out researching, gathering information, and designing the next FedEx brand mark. 

My everyday routine, which I love by the way, is getting my exhausted self to work and count down the clock to get home to down a pre-workout and hit the gym. Once back home I ingest a 2,000 calorie dinner with my roommates and kick back on the patio with our mutual friend Mary Jane. I then head inside and escape to Eorzea. Variations include ARAM on League of Legends, some competitive CS:GO, or deep internal discovery.

Currently my main character is on Cactuar. I'm in dispute with myself deciding to either transfer or begin fresh in a new world. Most likely I will transfer to Gilgamesh as I would rather spend my time RPing than leveling (doing both at the same time isn't jiving with me at the moment). 

I hope you enjoyed the read as I had fun writing it. 

E1: 

As an ice breaker for those who may be shy like me ( I guess I may not be somewhat shy at times every now and again perhaps? ). I'm most likely one of the most chill people you'll come to know. I'm all about spreading good vibes and if you're needing some then PLEASE feel free to chat me up and we can talk about whatever, no joke. I don't know you but I already love you. Lets have some stellar adventures together! 

Welcome to the community!

I don't know much of the community on Cactuar, but I'm sure there are a few people RPing over there, and you always have us on the site. 

It's great to have you, and I have to say, for some reason your life makes me think of Spiderman. Are you possibly Spiderman?

Please say yes. 

His compassion for others often exceeds his capable limitations and this is a constant battle that he is slowly losing. Wanting to do more for people is what drives him to the edge and the closer he gets the more he discovers is possible. However, recognizing this has taken a toll on his mental stability. His warped mind has made him faceless in the act of being what people need him to be. His personality is manufactured to be what others need to keep them going and pushing forward. 

'Life is the balance between complimentary forces; good versus evil, warmth overpowering cold, love conquering hate, life surviving death, young outgrowing old. These forces are at constant play with one another and I walk the fine line between them. A perfect world is never perfect, there will always be evil carrying about a cold hate wanting only death until this world is old and dry. The response to this can be found in the good hearts of people bringing warmth and love, where the destined life of the young is to prevail over and over for eternity. 

I did enjoy reading it! The quoted bit I particularly liked, and I'll flat out say that you intrigued me with it. I very much look forward to seeing how you portray this in character, and through the various situations he is sure to get into.

Welcome to the RPC, hope to see you around!

Welcome to the community!

I don't know much of the community on Cactuar, but I'm sure there are a few people RPing over there, and you always have us on the site. 

It's great to have you, and I have to say, for some reason your life makes me think of Spiderman. Are you possibly Spiderman?

Please say yes. 

Cactuar is my home no longer. I very much anticipate being on Gilgamesh before the evening is through. 

Now that I re-read what I posted it does indeed sound like the life of Peter Parker. Easily my second favorite Marvel super hero falling behind Tony Stark. Wishful thinking that my life indeed was that of his? 

I did enjoy reading it!  The quoted bit I particularly liked, and I'll flat out say that you intrigued me with it.  I very much look forward to seeing how you portray this in character, and through the various situations he is sure to get into.

Welcome to the RPC, hope to see you around!

You undoubtedly will.

-

Also making/made an edit to my original post.

Hello and welcome!

It's always nice to see other idealistic characters out there! Maia tends to carry a particular sort of fragile optimism as well, despite being surrounded by people with horribly tragic backgrounds and life circumstances, haha.

Alas, she is on Balmung, or I'd say we should have some philosophical discussions between her and ! Although, I hear the Gilgamesh crowd is just as friendly and awesome! Wishing many fun RPs to you! :moogle:

Hello and welcome!

It's always nice to see other idealistic characters out there! Maia tends to carry a particular sort of fragile optimism as well, despite being surrounded by people with horribly tragic backgrounds and life circumstances, haha.

Alas, she is on Balmung, or I'd say we should have some philosophical discussions between her and ! Although, I hear the Gilgamesh crowd is just as friendly and awesome! Wishing many fun RPs to you! :moogle:

I actually ended up deciding to play on Balmung last night. I was looking through the events lined up and they seemed to interest me more. 

For the time being I'll be making a new character on the server and if things stick then I'll transfer my main character over. 

Now it's just the waiting and luck game to be allowed to create a new character.

Oh! Well, Balmung typically opens for new characters in the wee early hours of the morning. I would say a safe time to try would be between 5-8 AM EST? Based on what I've heard and from my own experience!

You can also test it throughout the day to see if you get lucky, but generally it's a deal where you just have to wait for people to be logged out first.

Good luck to ye!

He sounds like a pretty interesting character! Balmung is always open in the wee hours of the morning, but hardly any other time. It's a great server, but a right pain in the ass that it's so popular AND the designated RP server.

Hope you find a good home! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I don't know all the things but I know a lot of the things.

Reading your intro post, I was going to wish you lots of fun and RP on Gilgamesh!

... only to read you also created a character on Balmung! Welcome! (you can play both... I know someone who's maxed out on alts on both servers..) (yes he is a bit nutty)

What others have said about the wee hours of the early morning being best is true. 

I found your intro charming. :)  I hope I get to meet you in character someday!

He sounds like a pretty interesting character! Balmung is always open in the wee hours of the morning, but hardly any other time. It's a great server, but a right pain in the ass that it's so popular AND the designated RP server.

Hope you find a good home! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! I don't know all the things but I know a lot of the things.

Awesome! Thank you so much. 

Reading your intro post, I was going to wish you lots of fun and RP on Gilgamesh!

... only to read you also created a character on Balmung! Welcome! (you can play both... I know someone who's maxed out on alts on both servers..) (yes he is a bit nutty)

What others have said about the wee hours of the early morning being best is true. 

I found your intro charming. :)  I hope I get to meet you in character someday!

Haven't made one yet.. Well I did and saved the appearance. Now I'm sitting here typing between the three minute world status refreshes. 

Finally picked a name tonight since I'm determined to get this character made. I can't wait.