(Event Cancelled!) Special Request! - Journey into the Ul'dahn Aquaducts.

Event is cancelled! I'm sorry to all of those who took interest... i'll be back with more soon and more flexible so the roles don't impact the outcome of the event!

Thank you to all who took the time to turn up last week!

[align=center]-----------------------------------------[/align]

A somewhat unique Leve-request bill catches your eye... the watermark and emblem at the bottom of the bill make it clear the request comes from The Dragon Claws Adventurers Guild.

The picture seems... odd. Is the monster warm? Is that steam coming from its body and mouth?! Is it a Morbol? Does it seem like a typical run of the mill, flesh eating garden variety?

EyHfAn3.png

Translation

The Dragon Claws Adventuring Guild invites you to provide your body and soul, reflexes and wits to prevent an impending threat to the jewel of the desert and all its inhabitants.

Meet at the Coffer and Coffin, Central Thanalan on the 2nd of August, 11pm GMT.

More details to be discussed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So during any point in the fight, if we fall does that mean we die or are severely wounded? And does that mean healers can raise us if we fall?   :o

As per usual etiquette, unless you specifically state that you're fine with your character dying or being inflicted a permanent and detrimental wound it will be a non-lethal fight xD

Though, any who do die? Their share is divided among the rest of the group... play nice kids! :D

I wish I could go.

The action portion of the event starts on... the 9th~! A time yet to be confirmed! I hope you can make it Erik!

I hope so. Like I said before, I love the Blue Mage-isk idea. Wanna join in the fun.

I hope you can! I haven't quite decided which char i'm taking yet. Its issued by my Lala but... she's not up in the level for places like AV just yet. So If I can get lazy on the leveling I'll take Yangh!

Aww I am so under-leveled. T_T

This sounds like a really fun event though, I hope it is a smashing success!

Aww! Well, if you REALLY want to come you could always do any dungeon you're able... and be present for the final boss!

The final boss has no size limit on adventurers... as its an emoted fight!

The second of August... so my August will remain the first!

Anyway, my interest is peaked and I need something to do. If my move goes well I should be settled in before the evening of the first so I'll be more than happy to come along on the second. If it's full well I'll let others have it.

Still, back to serious bizz...

I think the final fight should be a forum RP. Very centralized to that point and we can extend it to a great length if we want, because if we did this in real time then we would be in an emote battle for several hours and I dont have time for that.    ._.

Still, back to serious bizz...

I think the final fight should be a forum RP. Very centralized to that point and we can extend it to a great length if we want, because if we did this in real time then we would be in an emote battle for several hours and I dont have time for that.    ._.

I'll think about it... I suppose I could make it... ONE HELL of a forum battle. The last boss is a very nasty piece of work. Though i'd not want to ruin the continuity of the Event!

The plays toil through the Aquaducts for hours and THEN are confronted by the big baddy. I feel removing it from the event and bringing it her will only serve to make the climax less epic!

Either way I've a good two weeks to think on it! I may even adjust the start time and such to compensate for which timezone we have. If i'm the ONLY GMT... then I can start earlier / later depending on whats best.

Failing that? I could split the event... but i'd rather not do that either!

Also... my personal DRG fighting music!

its not a time zone problem I would say... its more like me having to decide if I can devote three whole hours to RP. I know that the way im putting it is a bit self-centered, and I apologize because thats not the intent im trying to come across as, but it just makes more sense to do the final part of the RP on the forum, because then it gives us time to make detailed posts as well be able to effectively communicate with each other before a post goes up.

I mean, I dont mind doing like 90% of the event IC in-game because it allows our characters to come to be familiar with one another in an appropriate setting, but for the last 10%, free form forum RP writing would be like a logical choice to optimize how epic of a battle it could be because it forces us to use our imagination on a grander scale then looking at a chat box in active time.

This is my reason behind the idea though so meh...    ^_^

While I understand where you're coming from it just screams immersion breaker to me and honestly I don't want to take the last fight onto the forum especially as the people present took time out of their evening to show up to the event in the first place.

This is my first ever event so i'm talking suggestions on board but at the same time i'm going to do it my way and see how it pans out.

I hope you still decide to come!