Been trying to get involved in FFXIV RP community; NO avail...

WillOwisp

I've been trying to become a part of the FFXIV rp community but every attempt has ended in failure.Despite being invited to three "Promising" roleplay linkshells in gilgamesh.. Only 2 people are every even online in them.

I have no idea how to get involved; and in the past those who said they would point me in the proper direction have failed :<

I'd love to ACTUALLY find some roleplay friends, or an active linkshell.

If anyone has an active group and is open to new players please let me know ^^

I'd help, but I'm on Balmung. :( I don't want to server bash, only state what I've seen/heard, but Balmung does seem to have a bigger as well as less closed off RP community.

Are you in a position to transfer to Balmung or create a new character entirely on the server? As much as I don't want to ignite the 'Balmung vs Gilgamesh' debate Balmung is quite simply larger, friendlier and has many more opportunities for pretty much everybody than Gilgamesh.

That's not to suggest that Gilgamesh is completely lacking in redeeming qualities but in the long run it seems as though Balmung is much more reliable as a lot of role-players on Gilgamesh have steadily been transferring over to Balmung for similar reasons.

GASP!

Get in contact with me, I'll set you up with a good linkshell.

There's /lots/ happening on Gilgy, and we have lots of friendly people.

Hee, I couldn't remember your name but I was thinking to myself 'man, that one guy is super friendly and helpful, hopefully s/he'll speak up!'

Are you in a position to transfer to Balmung or create a new character entirely on the server? As much as I don't want to ignite the 'Balmung vs Gilgamesh' debate Balmung is quite simply larger, friendlier and has many more opportunities for pretty much everybody than Gilgamesh.

That's not to suggest that Gilgamesh is completely lacking in redeeming qualities but in the long run it seems as though Balmung is much more reliable as a lot of role-players on Gilgamesh have steadily been transferring over to Balmung for similar reasons.

I would really prefer the be on balmung then gilgamesh but I can never catch the Balmung server open..

I would really prefer the be on balmung then gilgamesh but I can never catch the Balmung server open..

Trying during the late night/early morning (EST), particularly on week days.

Thanks I appreciate the hint, I'll try for those times.

Thanks I appreciate the hint, I'll try for those times.

You're most welcome! Good luck!

GASP!

Get in contact with me, I'll set you up with a good linkshell.

There's /lots/ happening on Gilgy, and we have lots of friendly people.

Hee, I couldn't remember your name but I was thinking to myself 'man, that one guy is super friendly and helpful, hopefully s/he'll speak up!'

I do try to be. I spend large periods of time away from this site though. I think there are some misconceptions about my server here.

All, please don't speak ill of either server. If you want to say something positive about your server, that's fine, but it's not productive to say that one server is less closed off or friendlier than the other. That's how we end up with flame wars about servers. :( Instead of recommending transfers, I'd recommend pointing people in the direction of those on their server who can help them break into the RP scene there.

From here on out, I'm going to start moderating posts that advocate against either server. We're an inclusive RP community; posts like that, no matter how well-meaning, don't serve that end.