Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work?

Kage

I believe it was also mentioned that "Thief" won't be used because a "Thieve's Guild" would never be welcome in any of the city-states; this isn't the kind of setting where one would be.

Yeah that's what I remember reading of a translation from when Ninja and Rogue were announced by Yoshi-P

In what setting WOULD a Thieves Guild be welcome, realistically?

Look, I get it. I know, I really do, Yoshi.

But for a game is essentially love letter to the entire series, saying that one of the staple classes, going as far back as GAME 1, as 'not being welcome' is surprising. There has been a designated Thief class in every single game in one form or another. Steal is a classic action of thieves, even when not called thieves--I could rant about this for hours, but it's more out of confusion and disappointment than anger.

I believe it was also mentioned that "Thief" won't be used because a "Thieve's Guild" would never be welcome in any of the city-states; this isn't the kind of setting where one would be.

Yeah that's what I remember reading of a translation from when Ninja and Rogue were announced by Yoshi-P

But for a game is essentially love letter to the entire series, saying that one of the staple classes, going as far back as GAME 1, as 'not being welcome' is surprising. There has been a designated Thief class in every single game in one form or another. Steal is a classic action of thieves, even when not called thieves--I could rant about this for hours, but it's more out of confusion and disappointment than anger.

Going to make a separate thread for this discussion once I'm on lunch break, instead of letting it fester here.

It is why it is being called Rogue.

All these blue mages makes my Corsair self really uncomfortable. Look out, all you future rogues! Blue Mages are not to be trusted!

Don't let the title fool you... we're just very VERY sad about the current state of affairs in Eorzea. And also Mages.

I learned long ago not to trust a dog of the Empress. Ephramad remembers!

All these blue mages makes my Corsair self really uncomfortable. Look out, all you future rogues! Blue Mages are not to be trusted!

Don't let the title fool you... we're just very VERY sad about the current state of affairs in Eorzea. And also Mages.

Shh... lets not bring Aht Urhgan into this...

>.>

<.<

O.o

>.>

<.<

O.o

Typical Blue Mage! Our country was laid to ruins, our people starved and oppressed, and you just don't want to talk about it! I won't bow down to your Empress! I will follow Prince Luzaf! Taste my lead, you Immortal dogs! RED THE BLOOD OF ANGRY MEN! BLACK THE DARK OF AGES PAST!

>.>

<.<

O.o

Typical Blue Mage! Our country was laid to ruins, our people starved and oppressed, and you just don't want to talk about it! I won't bow down to your Empress! I will follow Prince Luzaf! Taste my lead, you Immortal dogs! RED THE BLOOD OF ANGRY MEN! BLACK THE DARK OF AGES PAST!

I can't... I don't retain enough memories of FF11 lore to compete... I concede... DOWN WITH THE EMPRESS! *becomes Dark Blue Mage... Navy Mage?*

Navy Mage.

>.>

<.<

O.o

*Mighty Guard*

*Level 5 Death*

Come at me bro.

>.>

<.<

O.o

*Mighty Guard*

*Level 5 Death*

Come at me bro.

Those spells aren't even in XI!

/ja "Dark Shot" Edgar

/ja "Sharpshot"

/ws "Slugshot" Edgar

*Level 5 Death*

The bane of every end-game player, mob, and boss in FFXIV... can we please also have Angel Whisper, Bad Breath, LV? S-Flare, Matra Magic, Night, Twister, Stare, and Roulette, please?

I really, really liked the FFTA rendition of Blue Mages; can you tell?

Do people really need 'Thief' on their character sheet that much so they feel comfortable in calling oneself a thief? Rogue is pretty damned close as it is, anyway, and can be synonymous in some respects. No one's gonna dispute calling yourself a thief if you wear hoods and carry daggers...

Can't really imagine how 'Thief' can really be seen as a 'long lost martial tradition' in the vein of the other Jobs, anyway.

>.>

<.<

O.o

*Mighty Guard*

*Level 5 Death*

Come at me bro.

Those spells aren't even in XI!

/ja "Dark Shot" Edgar

/ja "Sharpshot"

/ws "Slugshot" Edgar

They were in V, the origin of Blue Mages in FF history! Your argument is invalid! Kneel before the most ancient of Blue Magics!