Rogue/Ninja In 2.4 How will this work?

Kage

So, we know that Rogue and Ninja are going to be introduced 2.4 right?

I'm just idly thinking at work but... how is this going to work for new players? Or do you think it's going to be (until say 3.0) locked to lvl 50 players first? Aka, players will be playing through Yugiri's story lines in the Main Story Scenario before they can access it?

It seems odd for new players to be able to be able to play the new class/job when they haven't even met Yugiri yet.

Because Devil's Advocate is my favorite game, it's entirely possible it'll handle scripting like Legacy/Non-Legacy. If you've done the story quests and have met Yugiri, you'll get different dialogue. Otherwise you're just a new recruit, not a welcomed-back friend learning some promised tricks.

Not my personal theory, just a thought on the other side.

Yugiri is likely to be the Job NPC, not the Class NPC that serves as the guildmaster. Othard, and Doma by inclusion, are Far-East themed, so it's no stretch to assume that the new lady in town will be handing out the NIN quests.

MSQ makes it clear that Limsa Lominsa's secret society of "rogues" (we'd better be getting a Thief class, Yoshi P) has been around for quite some time, anyway.

Bit of an odd sidenote, but I'm hoping Ninja is a pretty hands-off job when it comes out ICly.

Ninjas are supposted to be masters of not being seen, subterfuge, very secretive. I might punch something if I see everyone and their cheese rping a Ninja like this guy:

Naruto-Uzumaki-pedra.png

• 3 weeks later...

...But you know, what I'm more concerned with is how leveling it will be when absolutely everyone is playing NIN at the same time. Hoooo, boy!

For 5000 Gil I'll group with 2 ninjas and run them through dungeons. Hello cash flow! Lol

...But you know, what I'm more concerned with is how leveling it will be when absolutely everyone is playing NIN at the same time. Hoooo, boy!

For 5000 Gil I'll group with 2 ninjas and run them through dungeons. Hello cash flow! Lol

You heal, I'll tank. Split the proceeds.

60-40 cause my idea.

60-40 cause my idea.

Done.

Yugiri is likely to be the Job NPC, not the Class NPC that serves as the guildmaster. Othard, and Doma by inclusion, are Far-East themed, so it's no stretch to assume that the new lady in town will be handing out the NIN quests.

MSQ makes it clear that Limsa Lominsa's secret society of "rogues" (we'd better be getting a Thief class, Yoshi P) has been around for quite some time, anyway.

To paraphrase Yoshi:

'Who would want to play a Thief when everyone is supposed to be a hero?'

To paraphrase Yoshi:

'Who would want to play a Thief when everyone is supposed to be a hero?'

Roleplayers inhabiting characters who are more about shades of grey than black-and-white. 

:frustrated:

Lol, roleplayers. 

The names and the story concepts of 'Thieves' and 'Rogues' are easily melded and molded into what a player prefers. If you play a rogue class toon and want to roleplay a thief? Go for it! It's the same as if someone wants to play a Ninja as a Blue Mage, or as people who currently play their Pugilists as Thieves. 

In the end, it's all just a name!

I'm going to be using Ninja as an excuse for this.

Ffxibluemage.jpg

Blue Mage IC, motherfuckers!

Already found a loop hole for this >.> Have been RPing it for quuuuite a while.

BLU master race O.o *poses next to Edgar with shades*

Master race? Funny, that's not how you spell "RDM".. :roll:

Ffxibluemage.jpg

Yve, darling. You can join my Rainbow Mage LS / Team. We shall be glorious.

Ffxibluemage.jpg

Ah, but Yve has no magical ability. Alas!

Ffxibluemage.jpg

We just need a Time Mage!

I believe it was also mentioned that "Thief" won't be used because a "Thieve's Guild" would never be welcome in any of the city-states; this isn't the kind of setting where one would be.

Yeah that's what I remember reading of a translation from when Ninja and Rogue were announced by Yoshi-P

Funny enough, in my early days of Berrodry I did a lot of burglary scenes, where he'd climb into windows/lockpick doors and make off with people's stuff. I didn't even know thief was a thing back then, I just went with the whole theme of 'street dirt thug and no good bastard' which sort of incorporated stealing. I don't think I'll be giving him any skills with a dagger right away, but if there's any allusion to lockpicking and sneaking he'll definitely get those things.

Who knows, maybe he may duck into the rogues' den and learn a thing or two. The possibilities! S'why I love this game.