Player Hosted Events

E'irawen

I finally have Ophelia's teahouse set up via my personal room at my FC house and I'd really love to host a grand opening event, maybe even weekly or monthly events too.

But I don't want it to be "just a typical teahouse/tavern" sort of rp. So I wanted to get feedback from you guys on what you think would be fun?

It has a stage for performances, but beyond that, I'm at a bit of a loss. I've never hosted an event before at all and I don't want it to be a bust.

(If you're interested in working there, send me a message!)

How about something with a purpose. So off the top of my head... 

Save the Shroud, come and meet fellow folk who feel that action is needed to fight back against the things that are destroying the shroud.

From Gridana focusing elsewhere to direct invasion by imperials.

Tea Cake and positive action.

Thanks for the input!  I'm curious more towards things like... performances for the stage, raffles, that sort of thing. A friend was suggesting a small talent night/show, or story telling.

I more than welcome people's activism and such if that's what you want to rp, but I'm not sure Ophelia would host something like that at the moment?  (Mainly because I want to start off small. I've never hosted an event before.)

Edit:

These were some posting/ideas that I'd made in a tumblr post.

-I thought of maybe doing a small raffle that involved minions. Maybe 3-4 (granted they wont be the most expensive, most rare ones or anything).

- I also thought about doing a gil raffle as well for people who wanted to buy a ticket, then the potluck would be divided between a first and second prize (maybe a third?) [Actual gil, though not a ton and not obligated.]

- I thought the teahouse might provide a good opportunity for people who’d like to work there, to be hired. Please don’t hesitate to send me a message on here (contaminatedhope), on the RPC (Kaoru), or in-game (Ophelia De’winter).

- There is a stage in the teahouse for small performances, so I thought maybe a small talent night or some such would be fun?

- The teahouse is also open to affiliating with other IC restaurants and such, too!

A word of small caution:

When you hold events that are fueled by those attending (like the raffle or talent contest you mentioned) you are effectively limiting yourself to only being the venue. Once your performers leave, so do your guests, and so does your event. They're great fun as a one-off, or maybe a monthy sort of event, but it is quite easy to get burnt out when you're attempting to host singing and dancing and poetry and stories and the like.

I could see a quaint little tea house being a good grounds for a sort of themed storytelling circle. Wouldn't need to meet every week, but every could take turns with one arching theme each session: A tale of great romance, an original take on folklore, some ghost stories since we're in the season soon. If you only have half a dozen people, and each one takes ten minutes, you're still looking at an hour in just posting; Not to mention any RP setting up, tearing down, or just discussing what's happened in the duration.

It's easy to have time slip way when incorporating a lot of people.

A word of small caution:

When you hold events that are fueled by those attending (like the raffle or talent contest you mentioned) you are effectively limiting yourself to only being the venue. Once your performers leave, so do your guests, and so does your event. They're great fun as a one-off, or maybe a monthy sort of event, but it is quite easy to get burnt out when you're attempting to host singing and dancing and poetry and stories and the like.

I could see a quaint little tea house being a good grounds for a sort of themed storytelling circle. Wouldn't need to meet every week, but every could take turns with one arching theme each session: A tale of great romance, an original take on folklore, some ghost stories since we're in the season soon. If you only have half a dozen people, and each one takes ten minutes, you're still looking at an hour in just posting; Not to mention any RP setting up, tearing down, or just discussing what's happened in the duration.

It's easy to have time slip way when incorporating a lot of people.

Thank you!

I'm not sure if some of it (IE the raffle/minions) would be a constant thing. Just sort of a 'big event' for the first opening. I've been working on getting the teahouse setup for a month or so now, so I guess I'm just really excited about it being open.

I had a friend also suggest story telling too, which wouldn't be a far stretch considering Phelia is a bard/songstress, herself. Thank you for the input!