Elezen Connections and/or LS

I've been musing for some time now that I might make an Elezen LS.  I mean... there's one for Lalafells, as far as I know there's one for Miqo'te, and at least one other race.  I know the Elezen directory thread mentioned a LS being out there, but it no longer exists, and I haven't heard any others. 

So before I do go ahead with making one, -is- there another one out there already?  I'd love to get more interaction with others of my own race since I already see plenty of the others.  And if there isn't one, would anyone be interested in having one?

There was one, yes, and it fell apart - mostly because everyone stopped talking to each other, though there were those of us who tried. I'd be all for it! I have a few open LS slots, and I'm always glad to see another Elezen roleplayer. As you said, there aren't exactly a ton of us out there.

There use to be two Elezen LS's so to say. There was just a Elezen in general one and then the smaller Duskwight one. Both kinda died around the same time. At one point someone I think tried to revive the main one but that fell through as no one was keeping track of who all was still active or not. 

But the reason the main one died was right.. no one talked like ever o-O I tried a number of times but no one ever really replied back haha..

Wow is it?! o_O i know I never managed to get in touch with anyone for a invite (I think it was ic and my times back then were ..er sporadic).

I am saddened to hear it's not active. I didn't hear about it in so long I assumed it fell to the same fate as the other LS. :<

The Duskwight one is rarely used, sadly, but still technically exists.

This still occupies one of my slots though I seldom see much in the way of activity on it, which is a shame because there were a lot of great plot points and a lot of thought went into the initial development. Maybe I'll poke it IC this eve to see if anyone answers. :thumbsup:

An all-elezen LS could be interesting. The fact that our two clans seem to have a lot more animosity towards each other than any other race might make this a bit difficult to achieve, however. This is not to say that my character is anti-Wildwood in any way, but I would imagine many are, as many of the Greens frown upon the Greys as well.

On the note of the two clans... I don't think I've actually seen anyone (least with encounters I've had) treat one clan or the other differently. Was personally expecting it. Figured it could prove entertaining or least an addition to story. Maybe I just haven't crossed paths with the right folks yet (though.. staying in Limsa mostly I have noticed most stray away from the expected norm). >->

I think part of the reason for this is just how few elezen RPers there are when contrasted with something like the miqo'te... where there's probably something like eight miqo'te RPers to every one elezen (I may be exaggerating slightly but it certainly feels that way sometimes).

Internally and OOC I feel a certain amount of joy at the fact someone else felt this race was in some way beautiful and worthy of investing time and effort into RPing. My Duskwight character shows no predudice (at least not towards Wildwoods), so where there may be a certain amount of reservation - more about how she'll be perceived as a Grey by whichever of the Greens she's meeting - she doesn't harbor any animosity or preconceived notions about them. The OOC sense of excitement at the opportunity to RP with other elezen thus gets somewhat muted in-character, since Elezen are theoretically supposed to be as common as any of the four other races.

I think if the RP population were more balanced and more RPers opted for the Elezen race, we would see a bit more of the struggle that exists between the two clans. For now I just sort of accept things as they are. The fact that Eorzea is the great melting pot that it is gives us as good a reason as any why that strife is perhaps not as prevalent as we would otherwise expect.

I'm rambling now though... <3 Elezen !!

I'll throw my hat in as well and clear a linkshell spot for it. Midnight Sanctuary was unfortunately very quiet while I was [briefly] there so I ended up dropping it for a now seldom used FATE LS.

Its certainly fun to speculate on why the canonical racial tensions don't show up among the adventurer population. Since Quars curiosity tends to over ride his aversion to talking to "The Greens" I've taken to using it as a discussion point ICly, asking people if they've found the tensions not as prevalent as a result of them simply having more important things to worry about, or if it was a difference in their upbringing that also perhaps lead to them being an adventurer, or simply acclimation over time [be it through fighting along side them or what have you.]

Anyroad, looking forward to hearing how things go!

I've RPed a bit of the racial tension. It's part of the reason I asked if the shell was intended to be an OOC thing or an IC thing. Jaques is far far less likely to trust a Green than any other race. Especially a Green from the Twelveswood. And the reason I haven't RPed the tension more is because I haven't really met any other Wildwood PCs. Just some NPC stuff. Especially recently.

... And yes. I realize he's now engaged to a Wildwood... He was a downright -ass- to Vaughn when they first met.

As a side note, I'd love to see the ol' Duskwight LS have a bit of life brought back into it.

I've RPed a bit of the racial tension. It's part of the reason I asked if the shell was intended to be an OOC thing or an IC thing. Jaques is far far less likely to trust a Green than any other race. Especially a Green from the Twelveswood. And the reason I haven't RPed the tension more is because I haven't really met any other Wildwood PCs. Just some NPC stuff. Especially recently.

... And yes. I realize he's now engaged to a Wildwood... He was a downright -ass- to Vaughn when they first met.

As a side note, I'd love to see the ol' Duskwight LS have a bit of life brought back into it.

Jacques, sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I just got in from work.  I haven't exactly decided yet, but chances are the LS will be primarily OOC and exist as its own little microcosm of extraordinarily tall people.  ...And possibly to help drive a little bit of RP amongst more Elezen.  I know it's something I constantly find myself wanting more of, and it's not always easy.

As far as the Wildwood/Duskwight dynamic, I can't really say much.  Ciel is romantically involved with a Duskwight and was engaged to another previously.  Where adventurers are concerned, I think the tension is lacking due in part to people having bigger things to worry about, ICly, but it can be refreshing to see it played well.

I'm also very pleased to see so much support for this idea.  Thanks everyone!  I'll try to get something started this weekend.

Also, if we're gonna do this, we need a name.  Suggestions?

Also, if we're gonna do this, we need a name.  Suggestions?

Well you could go the poetic route and do "High Above" and evoke that Elezen awesomeness

A simple "Elezen Retreat" might be better for helping people understand at a glance or in their list after they've returned from a break..

I like Elezen Retreat, and I really like the imagery akin to the Roegadyn LS "Broken Chairs". Something fun and witty. There are a few things that come to mind:

These suggestions may or may not be serious...

Knife Ears

Black and White

Flowered Beds (har har)

Tension Rising

Aloof Bastards

All that said, Elezen Retreat sounds fine :P