Playing Minions

I am certain the notion of playing multiple characters has come up before and I'll dig a bit further into the thread, but in this case, I wanted to discuss minions and if RPers consider them a part of the game.

Some folks who have met Tarot know he has a moogle with him a great deal of them time, either floating in the background drinking or sometimes interacting directly with them. The question is, how do you actually do it in the game itself. Like, how to differentiate when the Moogle (Moggie-Moglin) is talking and when Tarot is talking.

I am certain the notion of playing multiple characters has come up before and I'll dig a bit further into the thread, but in this case, I wanted to discuss minions and if RPers consider them a part of the game.

Some folks who have met Tarot know he has a moogle with him a great deal of them time, either floating in the background drinking or sometimes interacting directly with them. The question is, how do you actually do it in the game itself. Like, how to differentiate when the Moogle (Moggie-Moglin) is talking and when Tarot is talking.

Many of us use double lines in our custom emotes to separate our character's name from the action. This allows us to use custom emotes to rp NPCs in an easily recognizable and understandable way.

e.g.

/em || Moggie blew a raspberry at the twit. "Kupo!"

becomes

Crooked Tarot || Moggie blew a raspberry at the twit. "Kupo!"

Many of us use double lines in our custom emotes to separate our character's name from the action. This allows us to use custom emotes to rp NPCs in an easily recognizable and understandable way.

e.g.

/em || Moggie blew a raspberry at the twit. "Kupo!"

becomes

Crooked Tarot || Moggie blew a raspberry at the twit. "Kupo!"

Crooked Tarot || Moggie looks Osric over and says 'You only lose one knee-cap next time you do something stupid, kupo!'

xD Thanks! I appreciate the help on that. I feel that minions could add a lot to RP, if even only just talking points (how the HELL did you manage to get a baby Behemoth!?) but I haven't seen much use of them. I figured it's because folks don't know how to emote them into the game~ Now I know! 8D

I'm generally confused about the moogles, remembering that cut-scene where they say that only "special" people can see them (But then how do they even mail? ._.). So I tend to play it off as though my characters can't see it, and those I know who RP with the moogle all treat it like a toy.

Generally speaking though, if it's something down to earth and explainable I'm more than happy to play along with peoples minions/pets, like a cat or a dog. Though there are some minions I would just always find odd, like the mini ahrimans or like, the wind up tonberry (if it was being played off as being not a wind up tonberry but a small tonberry)

I hope that makes sense ^^

That is the thing--you also fight against moogles and everyone in the Scion seems to see them due to the Good King Moogle Mog bit too. I can only assume that moogles can reveal themselves if they want to, sorta like fairies, which is how the mailing system works as well. So if the moogles want to remove the glamour of being invisible they can.

Point is, either the game makers forgot that moogles are supposed to be invisible to every but special folks OR they are able to turn the glamor of invisibility off and on and some mortals can just see through it naturally (like having the Echo).

Osric is correct in that you can double line. I'm fortunate in that my two minions (my mammet Montblanc and Chocobo Fury) do not talk. I tend to just do like:

/em watches as Montblanc salutes.

On a side note, this is how I handle the Mog issue IC. Everyone sees Moogles. Only special people can see through the invisibility glamour of the Shroud Tribe, but Mogs that leave the Shroud to see the world, minions, mogmail, they leave the glamour off for the most part and can be seen by everyone. If I see you with a moogle behind, I can see it. Not because I'm special, but because it has not turned invisible.

I think I'd only take issue if someone had a mini-thancred following them around ICly... or a demon brick...

So yea, I think minions are perfectly fine RP with, within reason, myself!

I think I'd only take issue if someone had a mini-thancred following them around ICly... or a demon brick...

If they didn't call him Thancred then it might be one of the few times you could say, 'Oh that's m' kid' and get away with it! xD

I actually do that sometimes, use the WHM minion as Erik's six year old daughter. Its not often, but it happens.

If they didn't call him Thancred then it might be one of the few times you could say, 'Oh that's m' kid' and get away with it! xD

Oh yes, I don't mind using my imagination xD