About them Padjali...

upon reading that thread and comments on Aldotsk's idea to make an IC White Mage w/o bending lore too far -- it's made me wonder something about our friendly Conjurer's Guildmaster.

and that is: does E-Sumi actually know practice succor?

do ALL padjals, every single one, learn and actively practice succor? that would be my guess, but... (correct me if I'm wrong or something says otherwise) I've never seen E-Sumi mention he personally practices succor. is there a different reason he doesn't think of/personally go with Raya-O and A-Ruhn to help with that Quieting or whatever it was called (the ceremony thing to calm elementals or something) or... ?

it seems like an obvious fact that he is a Conjurer at the very least but -- thus far I recall seeing no indication that he too is a proper White Mage, besides being Padjal? so I'm kind of really confused on that aspect )':

IN OTHER NEWS I hope no one particularly minds RPing with a Padjal NPC outside the game, because I have basically made 90% of a character that is one. might be desiring feedback on this in the future if there is enough interest.

As Franz pointed out, Padjal seem to be natural users of White Magic.  There's no reason to believe that E-Sumi is any different, although I remember the contingent that was hardcore wanting him to be a "corrupted White Mage" because...he wears black.  :-\

My friend always called E-Sumi the "devil kid" and he wanted to wait for an expansion to become a devil kid like him while he was doing CNJ quests.

and that is: does E-Sumi actually know practice succor?

Here's a cutscene of E-Sumi being a badass White Mage.

Beckon of the Elementals

(Also omg I love O-App-Isenseadisturbanceintheforest-Pesi's tabard... neeeeeeeeeeeed!)

But yes, all Padjal are White Mages. That's what they were created by the Elementals to do. It's their sacred charge.

Personally, I don't trust E-Sumi. Idk what it is, but I just do not trust him! There's just something that bothers me about his character.

@LiadansWhisper... well, it's an idea for a fanfic or something, I'll give it that. :'D I'm more of the opinion that he is just hardcore protective... see: Sylphie. 

I'm actually having those usual tumblr RPer urges to rp him there, since I've always been just interested in canons/NPCs as I am with OCs/PCs/etc...

although I have no idea how many people would care / RP FFXIV there. crossovers are probably my best bet there, lol. it's just that I haven't finished the main story yet and I'm only lv 32 or 33 (it's been a few days since I've played, thanks work) so it'll be a while. )':

guess it is just a default thing, though. hmmm... how did I know just after posting something I didn't see would prove he is? these are truly the woes of a newbie.

fairly dumb question aside, I still want to know if anyone has little details about these guys... that may or may not be proven or implied by lore. I mean, you've all been very helpful (thank you!) with everything else, but does any random idea / trivia tidbit come to mind? something you think is likely / would be cool / whatever?

My friend always called E-Sumi the "devil kid" and he wanted to wait for an expansion to become a devil kid like him while he was doing CNJ quests.

My friend Kondo calls all the Padjal "devil children."  He does this because he knows it drives me nuts.

@LiadansWhisper... well, it's an idea for a fanfic or something, I'll give it that. :'D I'm more of the opinion that he is just hardcore protective... see: Sylphie. 

I'm actually having those usual tumblr RPer urges to rp him there, since I've always been just interested in canons/NPCs as I am with OCs/PCs/etc...

although I have no idea how many people would care / RP FFXIV there. crossovers are probably my best bet there, lol. it's just that I haven't finished the main story yet and I'm only lv 32 or 33 (it's been a few days since I've played, thanks work) so it'll be a while. )':

guess it is just a default thing, though. hmmm... how did I know just after posting something I didn't see would prove he is? these are truly the woes of a newbie.

fairly dumb question aside, I still want to know if anyone has little details about these guys... that may or may not be proven or implied by lore. I mean, you've all been very helpful (thank you!) with everything else, but does any random idea / trivia tidbit come to mind? something you think is likely / would be cool / whatever?

I actually think E-Sumi gets the short end of the stick as far as the Sylphie questline goes.  The writers are basically forcing him to behave in a dumb manner, and it annoys me.