O hai thar!

Rila

It's been a couple of weeks since I created I'rila Xanh on Balmung. This, as you can see, is my introductory post. I know, I know, the Welcome Desk is such a crazy place to find an introductory thread, but, I'm a maverick.

And incredibly awkward in new situations. Ahem.

Anyway, I joined the server for the RPs and the more immersive environment, and I'm not at all disappointed. Having watched a number of great roleplays, I'm eager to join a few of my own.

The concept of real-time RP intimidates me a bit though. My personal experience has been confined to forums and occasionally tumblr, where you have as much time as you need to formulate a response. I've seen people here respond within, like, thirty seconds, which is amazing. So, I'll be relatively slow from the get go. Sorry about that.

Also, a thing I've done in previous MMOs was take art commissions for in-game money. Generally, these were pencil drawings. I'm considering doing something similar here, so I'll probably start an art thread pretty soon to see if anyone's interested.

So, yes. Hi!

Hello! Welcome to the RPC!

The open-world RP can seem a little scary at times, but everyone I've encountered is pretty patient. If you want a quick glimpse of what it looks like, the Quicksand in Ul'dah usually has a collection of people awake 24/7. 

I've found that there's a mix of RP between the forums, in game and other places, so there is always a place for the RP you'd like! If you happen to find a Franz Renatus running around in-game, feel free to say hi. I promise he won't be grumpy around strangers :)

Also, if you need anything crafted/melded or need some help in any of the game content, lemme know. I pretty much live on the RPC at work, and in-game when I get home.

The concept of real-time RP intimidates me a bit though. My personal experience has been confined to forums and occasionally tumblr, where you have as much time as you need to formulate a response. I've seen people here respond within, like, thirty seconds, which is amazing. So, I'll be relatively slow from the get go. Sorry about that.

I'm exactly the same way. I don't think on my feet as quickly as other people or make poses so elegant on the fly, but with those I've interacted, they've been super patient and kind.

If you need help or what to talk random stuff or maybe even RP *fidgets nervously* (I'm probably as nervous if not more so than you are :D), feel free to whisper me. I'm around later in the evenings.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to say hello if I see any of you around, and thanks for the RP tips.

Just a small, somewhat shameless update: I did decide to create an art thread. You can take a look here if you're interested.