Deadliest Warrior S1, E4, Pirate vs. Knight

Hello Everyone,

So there is an ongoing slow burning plot going on spanning Limsa and Ul'dah, and since there is not thread or OOC information about it, I thought I'd fix that. My overall goal is to generate more good RP in Limsa, by sort of jumpstarting it using Ul'dah RP. Currently it seems to be working. I'm kind of drunk right now so forgive my fingertypes. Here I will give a few TLDRs explaining the general outlines of the situation.

Premise:

Limsa is historically a nation which allows pirates and privateers to flourish. Ul'dah is the greatest merchant power in Eorzea. Naturally this causes some tension, however the war to push back the Garleans eclipsed some of those concerns. However now, Privateers and Pirates have begun to once again nip at the shipping of Ul'dah. In the midst of this concern, the syndicate of Ul'dah have chosen to make an example of one of more prolific pirate, in the hopes that it will send a message to the others.

Core groups and their primary actors:

The Syndicate of Ul'dah:

Jameson Taeros, Natalie Mcbeef, Delial Grimsong.

The Privateer:

Nero Lazarov, Roen Deneith

Other groups who are involved:

The Sultansworn of Ul'dah:

Coatleque Crofte, Anelia Sadowyn

The Immortal Flames (The Red Wings Company).

Khan'a, Osric, Askier

The Maelstrom:

Edgar Gandervalt, Fiona Arasgain

The Yellowjackets (Hopefully will be involved soon):

Melodia

There are also many unaligned actors currently trying to figure out how they should approach this situation.

ROUGH TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

(Much of this timeline is OOC knowledge, and very few characters would be aware of all of it. It also might not be completely objective, so absorb it at your peril.)

- Garleans are pushed back, some Limsian privateers turn back to Ul'dah shipping once the sea is cleared of Garlean ships.

- Jin'li attacks Ul'dah, using a wide variety of smuggled garlean weapons. This causes widespread death and mayhem.

- Larger than normal amounts of Somnus, (a powerful recreational drug), are flowing into the city. Somnus overdoses are used in several high profile assinations, including the failed assassination of Roen Deneith, on trial for high treason against the Sultanate.

- Jameson Taeros, an agent of the Syndicate, attempts to search out the supply chain Jin'li used. He found a smuggler, Nero Lazarov, and secretly contracted him to smuggle Garlean artifacts into Ul'dah.

- Roen Deneith, convinced of Jameson's perfidy, decided to investigate him, and attempt to uncover the truth about his loyalties. She obtained the reluctant help of Natalie and Coatleque, and came into contact with Nero.

- Nero sails into the Silver Bazaar with his cargo of smuggled Garlean goods. He tips off Roen that something interesting will be happening. Roen notifies the Brass Blades, and her contacts in the Sultansworn. Roen, Kage, Crofte, and Natalie, come upon Nero and his crew being ambushed by a large group of hired thugs. The situation is stabilized, and Nero escapes, but his second in command, Dagz, is captured and detained in the city. The cargo is examined and found to contain Garlean weapons, and large amounts of somnus. The hired thugs claim to be sent by Jameson to retrieve the cargo.

- Jameson is confronted by Coatleque and Natalie. He admits to having the garlean weapons smuggled in so he could ambush Nero and determine where they came from. He denies sending orders to smuggle somnus, and claims Nero is trying to frame him, and by extension the Syndicate of Ul'dah.

- Assaults against Ul'dah merchant shipping intensify, particularly against ships owned by syndicate merchant groups.

- Natalie contacts Nero, and suggests he leave Thanalan, and break off relations with Roen. Nero reluctantly agrees to leave the area, but does not promise to leave Roen.

- Natalie speaks to Jameson, who asks her to find more information about Nero and his activities, so he can be better defended against. Natalie asks Jameson to expedite the sentencing process for Nero's second in command, and he agrees to handle it.

- Natalie interrogates Nero's second in command, death sentence in hand. He was guilty of the crimes charged (piracy, smuggling, murder), however the speed of the sentence was very suspicious. Natalie attempted to find the location of Nero's warehouses in Limsa, but the man refused to give any details about his captain. Slightly frustrated, Natalie took the sentence into her own hands, and slit his throat in the cell, as Anelia and Khan'a watched.

CURRENTLY:

Ul'dah has made a formal complaint about Nero to the government of Limsa, and Natalie is in the city as a Liason attempting to have the Maelstrom help her capture him.

If anyone is interested in getting involved, or just wants to talk about it, or is mad at me for poking this out when I'm drunk (Roen), this is the place. If you have an addition for the timeline or involved parties let me know. If you want to get involved and want a hook also let me know.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would imagine Otto would be somewhat affected by this!

The Syndicate of Ul'dah:

Jameson Taeros, Natalie Mcbeef.

Whaaaa? I'm shocked. SHOCKED! Okay, not that shocked.

Muhahaha.

To be precise, Natalie still has her oaths to the Sultanate, and is still a Sultansworn. It's just that in this instance she's representing them more. Someone has to do it!

- Assaults against Ul'dah merchant shipping intensify, particularly against ships owned by syndicate merchant groups.

Tell me more...

Does Otto work for the Syndicate...? If so that would be nice. Too many goodie two shoes in this city.

I'm interested in doing something, but apart from Verad's personal connection to Roen I can't reasonably see how he would break from routine to go to Limsa on this point. Suggestions are welcome.

Tell me more...

Does Otto work for the Syndicate...? If so that would be nice. Too many goodie two shoes in this city.

The only person I expressly work for is myself. I view my involvement with them more like Union membership, pay my dues and they crush the fuck out of my problems when I ask and do the favors they ask of me.

But if you need their help, or my help since I am apart of that organization, I would be game.

I'm interested in doing something, but apart from Verad's personal connection to Roen I can't reasonably see how he would break from routine to go to Limsa on this point. Suggestions are welcome.

Hm... I can possibly draw you in Verad. We should brainstorm something.

Are you going to be on tonight though in Ul'dah? There may be a meeting he may be interested in.

Tell me more...

The only person I expressly work for is myself. I view my involvement with them more like Union membership, pay my dues and they crush the fuck out of my problems when I ask and do the favors they ask of me.

But if you need their help, or my help since I am apart of that organization, I would be game.

I think perhaps when the Ul'dah/Syndicate ships are raided on, it may also affect some of Otto's shipments. I would imagine.

Maybe we should arrange a meeting between Otto and a certain noble. Hmmmm.

Are you going to be on tonight though in Ul'dah? There may be a meeting he may be interested in.

Tell me more...

I think perhaps when the Ul'dah/Syndicate ships are raided on, it may also affect some of Otto's shipments. I would imagine.

Maybe we should arrange a meeting between Otto and a certain noble. Hmmmm.

As long as the meeting also involves you so that I can flirt, I'm game.

Give me an EST time and consider it a date.

I have an idea that some of my gems got raided and lost. I could craft up 10 or so HQ Rubies and that's worth between 300-500k in gil. Thats a big enough loss to get my attention I guess. Trade them to you or something who knows.

I have an idea that some of my gems got raided and lost. I could craft up 10 or so HQ Rubies and that's worth between 300-500k in gil. Thats a big enough loss to get my attention I guess. Trade them to you or something who knows.

I will get back to you on the time. Need to touch base with Taeros' player. :)

Alright just remember I like a red dress.

HaHa! Well. Um. Roen would not be there... since she is actively working against the Syndicate and Jameson. Buuut I am sure I can arrange for a certain Highlander bard to show up if Otto needs some female enticement.

If you need another sexy pirate, you know what chocolate highlander to report to!

/shades

Oscare, I think we have an in for you already into the plot?

HaHa! Well. Um. Roen would not be there... since she is actively working against the Syndicate and Jameson. Buuut I am sure I can arrange for a certain Highlander bard to show up if Otto needs some female enticement.

If you need another sexy pirate, you know what chocolate highlander to report to!

/shades

Oscare, I think we have an in for you already into the plot?

Ive been on a bit of a midlander binge lately, but I suppose I could settle for another highlander.

Very well, beautiful woman in a (preferably) red dress and I will be there. Tell them to show up hungry once business is concluded they'll be eating dinner with me without a doubt.

Verad has dinner plans in Limsa itself tonight(so if anything's happening around the Bismarck, he may be there), but can be present if the meeting is a late one. Keep me posted.

I thought we did, but I never heard from anyone afterwards. DX I'm not sure if I missed a memo or something, which may very likely be the case.

Nothing has changed from that premise that we already discussed.

I am assuming you and Jancis will be at that certain place at that certain hour once we decide when and where that will be... >_>

[align=center]Oh GOD I want in on this!!![/align]

Well, since you are part of Red Wings security and I think some of the members might get involved...

As for those who do not have hooks yet...

I am leaving you all in Natalie's hands. MUHAHAHA.