Rila attempts to art

Rila

Hello Eorzeans. I am I'rila Xanh, a compulsive crafter and fledgling artist that currently resides on Balmung.

My work in the past have generally consisted of mechanical pencil sketches, though I did get a Wacom tablet last week, so you'll also see a couple of awkward-looking color portraits here and there.

In addition to showcasing my art, I'm also hoping to gauge the community's level of interest should I decide to open up commissions. Feedback, critical and otherwise, is much appreciated.

Thanks, and enjoy!

A few FFXIV pencil portraits:

My own I'rila Xanh:

rila2_zpscd5b1119.jpg?t=1410974676

The lovely Isilrael Geissfyrwyn:

isilrael2_zps1100f430.jpg?t=1410974832

My favorite retainer:

neeko_zps23c9bbc6.jpg?t=1410974932

Johanna Mason from the Hunger Games, which I used a photo reference for:

johanna2_zpsf08a48cb.jpg?t=1410889919

Two full-body sketches of non-FFXIV RP characters. The first one's an outfit design for a character I've had for years and years:

Valenfullbodysketch_zpse20931e3.jpg

And the next one is a similar sketch I did for a friend. Please note that I was provided photo references for the armor and did NOT design it myself:

Telka1_zpsef72d52e.jpg

Finally, here are the awkward looking color portraits I did on my new Wacom tablet, which I'm not entirely comfortable with yet (due in part to being terrible at using color) :

My own I'rila Xanh:

Rila1_zpse4f82e14.jpeg

The lovely Isilrael Geissfyrwyn:

Isilrael1_zps8701c816.jpeg

Thanks for the input so far everyone!

It's been just over twenty-four hours, and while I only got one reply that explicitly mentioned commissions, there was a good handful of positive feedback. So, most likely, I'll repurpose this thread to be a commissions queue at some point in the near future.

In the meantime, have an old Puzzle Pirates-inspired drawing from a few years back:

pirateperson_zps4fe28bef.jpg