Lance here, reporting in!

Lancia

Hello, there!  I go by the name of Lance, and I'm here to have a wonderful roleplay experience!

I can say that, without a doubt, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the first MMORPG I've taken -seriously-.  By no means is it my first MMO, but it's the one that I've put the most time and effort (and plan to continue doing so) in.  I've played a lot of f2p MMOs, such as Maplestory, Mabinogi, Vindictus, and Dungeon Fighter Online (which is actually another game I've put a lot of time and effort into).  Most of these failed to hold my attention for any extended period of time, excluding DFO (which was cancelled).  FFXIV feels like the first time I've seriously tried my hardest to have fun in.  And fun is exactly what I've gotten out of the game!

FFXIV is my first time roleplaying in an actual MMO game.  I have a lot of experience roleplaying on forums, instant messengers, and tabletops.  I've been roleplaying for around eight years now, and it has become a major hobby of mine.  I put serious thought into my roleplays and characters, and I always try to build a story around them, rather than doing one-shot no-strings-attached roleplays.

I'm aiming to be a rather heavy roleplayer, but not in the sense of devotion to the activity.  What I mean by this is that I really enjoy playing the game and going through content and such, and I wouldn't drop doing Coil just to RP.  However, I also keep my character in IC (unless it's through Party Finder or a pre-made clear party) at all times, and everything he does builds to his overall story.  It's a mixture of a hardcore content-clearer and a hardcore roleplayer, if I were to give a term for it.

Anyways, that's my short little introduction.  It's nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome! I have a very high respect for those who strive to be IC almost 100%. It's something I could never do and I'm (un)luckily still trying to raid 3 nights a week to clear T7.

Hope you have a good time!

Ah, thanks a ton!  I've actually been super behind on content because of computer problems, but that should be fixed soon.  Yeah, the only times I'm not IC is when I'm speaking in FC / OOC LS chats, or sending a tell to someone.  Party and General chats are what I use to RP.

Hello there, nice to meet you, Lance! I used to play Vindictus forever ago, it was fun! I role-played just about everywhere (chats, forums, tabletop, etc.) before coming to MMO's around two years ago. It's different, but the transition is smooth enough!

Hello there, nice to meet you, Lance! I used to play Vindictus forever ago, it was fun! I role-played just about everywhere (chats, forums, tabletop, etc.) before coming to MMO's around two years ago. It's different, but the transition is smooth enough!

Nice to meet you too!

Yeah, Vindictus was a pretty cool game.  It felt like it was lacking a lot of content, though.

I just had to post and say we have practically the exact same MMO rap-sheet; being a slave to Nexon is a blessed curse, isn't it? Anyway, I'm nowhere near experienced as you are, but feel free to hit me up if you have an urge to RP!

A blessed curse indeed.  Thank the lord that Dungeon Fighter is coming back under Neople, not Nexon.