[Balmung] Train wrecks and Role playing; Kat

steveposi

Alright well, I suppose this train wreck of an introduction should be about on its way. My name is Steve. I've played probably a million different MMOs, but none of them really stuck for me. Bushels upon bushels of F2P MMOs dating as far back as they go. Then of course we have WoW, ESO, Wildstar, Neverwinter, and more anime styled ones than I'm willing to admit. What I'm trying to say is none of these really captivated me with lore, graphical prowess, or gameplay until I stumbled upon FFXIV. So let's just, transition this shall we. With all that MMO experience under my belt, I have not near as much role playing experience. I've done forum RPs, Tumblr, Skype, Facebook, etc. etc., while only dabbling a handful of times into Warhammer and DnD. It's always something I've enjoyed though, and have been fascinated by.

So that brings us here.

To my awkward introduction.

A quick Google search and I found these lovely forums. I've been lurking around for about a week or two now and planning my.. emergence. I don't really have any clue what I'm doing or what to expect, but hot damn I'm excited to experience it and find out! I've seen nothing but positivity here and I'm really hoping to be a part of that friendly atmosphere and have some good old fashioned fun! I think I'd like to stick with around a medium sort of RP, though I would be down for Heavy or some Light fun stuff too!

Now enough about the loser behind the character, lets talk about.. well.. the character. Katsou Carmine. Male. 24. Hyur. Archer. Nickname: Kat. In essence, Kat is the textbook definition of "go with the flow" if their was one. He's extremely laid back, usually to a fault. He's always spouting crap like "Peace and love!" and calling anyone, female or not, baby. His one true love is alcohol. He loves the bars, the atmosphere, the ladies, the guys, and the social stuff that goes along with it. While Kat isn't a "straight up hustla with da ladies (or guys)" he'd never turn down and opportunity.

(still figuring stuff out as I go :P)

So to sum up Kat?

Adventurous

Alcoholic

Laidback

Ladies(Man) man

Awesome.

Hope to see you all around and make some new friends <3.

Welcome to the community.

There will be no disapproving looks from Franz's way. He'll likely be drinking with Kat if contact is made. Might even offer to pay as well.

If you're looking for any RP resources, need help on a directory/wiki entry, or want  to start up some RP in game or on the forums, lemme know! I basically live on these forums while at work and then move over to in-game when I get off. 

Welcome aboard! The community's pretty active here so you'll most likely be able to find some folks of similar mind to work with. Looking forward to scowling disapprovingly should you find yourself in the Quicksand!

Thanks! I can't wait for the scowling to commence. I'm also not so sure what the Quicksand is.. Haha. 

I look forward to glaring disapprovingly at you while deflecting raunchy cat-calls and drunken marriage proposals.

Nah, poor ol' Kat wouldn't be the one for cat calls. Drunk marriage purposely, possibly. He's actually quite respectful towards everyone, I feel like I should have said that up above in retrospect. That's what I get for writing something at 4am. I should have described him more as a hippy/stoner type of mannerisms just without the drugs and flower power.

There will be no disapproving looks from Franz's way. He'll likely be drinking with Kat if contact is made. Might even offer to pay as well.

If you're looking for any RP resources, need help on a directory/wiki entry, or want  to start up some RP in game or on the forums, lemme know! I basically live on these forums while at work and then move over to in-game when I get off. 

Drinking buddies, now that's something Lat would enjoy! I look forward to it!

I'll probably have to take you up on that offering, as I'm.. Slightly overwhelmed with this whole deal. Heh.

I'll probably have to take you up on that offering, as I'm.. Slightly overwhelmed with this whole deal. Heh.

It's a lot to take in at once. If you need any help with gameplay as well, I'm good to go on that end. (Some friends have said I have a crafting problem. I just think I'm an item megalomaniac, trying to get better.)

In case you're trying to find me at some time, I live in PDT and work/sleep like I'm EDT. So...pretty much assume "american" time.

It's a lot to take in at once. If you need any help with gameplay as well, I'm good to go on that end. (Some friends have said I have a crafting problem. I just think I'm an item megalomaniac, trying to get better.)

In case you're trying to find me at some time, I live in PDT and work/sleep like I'm EDT. So...pretty much assume "american" time.

I'm on the East Coast of the US. So I'm sure there will be opportunities to meet up! Right now I'm just questing in Gridania trying to level up a bit.

Welcome, Kat.... and the Quicksand is in Ul'dah. You'll be able to go there and get drunk with Franz (and scowled at) after L15/airship unlock via main story questline.

Easy to get overwhelmed in this game: lots to do PvE wise.... and thing you have the lovely RPz.... Just take it in small bites and enjoy yourself, :)

Welcome, Kat.... and the Quicksand is in Ul'dah. You'll be able to go there and get drunk with Franz (and scowled at) after L15/airship unlock via main story questline.

Easy to get overwhelmed in this game: lots to do PvE wise.... and thing you have the lovely RPz.... Just take it in small bites and enjoy yourself, :)

Awesome, thanks! I'm almost 11 now. So I'm hoping to get their soon! I've just been enjoying the gameplay for the time being, until I get involved in some form of RP :P.

REAL MEN RUN ACROSS THE PLANET AT LEVEL 1 TO RP.

Disclaimer: Real men die a lot because any aggro from a caster/ranged mob is a death sentence.

If you ever need help with the main story stuff, don't be afraid to ask here for it, or hell, just shout for it or make a Duty Finder group. If you aren't a tank, it can be hell to get some of that stuff flagged in a timely manner.

REAL MEN RUN ACROSS THE PLANET AT LEVEL 1 TO RP.

Disclaimer: Real men die a lot because any aggro from a caster/ranged mob is a death sentence.

If you ever need help with the main story stuff, don't be afraid to ask here for it, or hell, just shout for it or make a Duty Finder group. If you aren't a tank, it can be hell to get some of that stuff flagged in a timely manner.

I walked a friend from Ul'dah -> Mor Dhona -> Coerthas -> Gridania once. Will poked every aetherite to level her with the exploration bonuses. ,,,only died a couple times in Coerthas because the snow effects made her computer explode.

Also, seconded. If you ever need gear, story quest items that you aren't sure where to find, or help with some group content, We've got groups of people waiting to help at almost every part of the day!