Tomestone Changes in 2.4

Nebbs

As I said, i'm behind in myth right now. I've barely done any of the level 50 dungeons simply because I can't consistently hold aggro when running with over-geared players. 

Can't really obtain soldiery/whatever the new one might be if I can't run the dungeons to get it.

Honestly, the best way to hop into soldiery right now from your first fresh 50 is to either purchase an i70 weapon from the marketboard or get your relic quest done to pass the i50 requirement (make sure your accessories are i49 if at all possible), then hop into Crystal Tower (Labyrinth of Ancients). That currently gives you 200 myth a run and the zerg raid has enough folks in it that you'll more often than not be carried to victory regardless of how horrid your alliances are (screw you, Atomos mechanic).

That also nets you i80 gear while you build the myth for i90. Partway through gearing up through CT, you can hop into Hard Mode dungeons and start nabbing soldiery (along with more i70 and i80 pieces which will include accessories).

Once you're in full myth/i90, you can start decking out in soldiery via Expert Roulette.

Not going to deny that LoA is a decent way to grind myth but have you been in there recently? I hit it up on my Odin character a little while ago after I started to run low on Myth and it was literally full of people messing up on purpose. Been a long while since i've seen everyone wipe three times before getting to the first boss... 

And i'm well aware that the hard mode dungeons and things are ideal ways to gear up. Like I said in my first post in this thread, i've just fallen behind on that character because i've been focusing on a different one. I'm not completely clueless on the methods to actually get what I need.

You can also buy the job-specific i90 gear with allied seals if you do hunts. It works out to being a lot cheaper than myths, however you might also want to keep those allied seals stockpiled for hunt logs towards upgrading the i100 stuff to i110. It's a bit of a tradeoff there.

But I think the i90 stuff is like 20-30 seals apiece, and that's pretty easy to get just from hitting daily/weekly hunt marks.

EDIT: Berrod beat me to it by like 4 mins. xD