Tomestone Changes in 2.4

Nebbs

Hmm. I'm still using/spending my Allagan Tomestones of Soldiery, so when the Allagan Tomestones of Mystery come out I guess nothing will change for me. OH WELL. Nice to see the news though! I'm guessing they still haven't decided what they want to name it yet.

I KNOW THAT FEEL, SE. 

I KNOW THAT FEEL.

We should be able to farm C6+ in 2.4 also. So I suspect get 2k mythology for release to convert to Soldiery. And I guss that Books for Sands and Oils on Time will be useful?

Ah yes. The great Justice <> Valor squeeze.

I'll be stockpiling 2000 myth just in case they give it a soldiery conversion, then stockpiling 2000 soldiery just in case I need to buy new books. I was only able to complete my Animus shield in record time (world first? WHO KNOWS, MAYBE) because I had a huge pool of Philo to convert.

BLAH BLAH BRAGGING GIMME ARMOR PREVIEWS SE

I really hope the armor looks for new tomestones are better looking than the Solidery.

I really didn't like Solidery gears of how PLD/WARs looked >_<;

It grew on me once it got painted.

I loved it from the start, but that may just be my obsession with Rhalgr and Ala Mhigo talking. STILL THOUGH, THEY'RE FANTASTIC, especially on Highlander males. The Rhalgr/Ala Mhigan symbology on it really did it for me. Not to mention it was just generally sexy as hell.

Perhaps we can get gear with the new tomestones that doesn't result in a permanent tail issue for offensive casters. :)

"If your tail remains pointed upwards for more than 6 hours, contact your local tailor immediately, as this may signify a serious wardrobe malfunction."

Hear hear!

But no tail anymore.

So it's not too bad.

It still looks horrible though.

I'm 100% wanting better looking tomestone gear. And not just better looking, better stats! Holy crap, what was the deal with soldiery and the unnecessary amounts of skill speed on everything??

...Although kinda bummed that I've almost got BiS i110 for PLD/WAR/BRD and now I'm gonna have to do it all over again... /cry.

Guess I really need to get a move on with gearing up on the Balmung server. I've been so busy focusing on getting my Odin DPS to 50 before ninja hits that i'm still behind in obtaining myth gear for Fohcswys, let alone soldiery.

On the contrary, now is a good time to let it idle since those are all about to unlock anyway. As long as you're "good enough" in the sense that you can flag the new dungeons without issue, you'll be fine to move up to the next currency / patch holes with soldiery once 2.4 lands.

Guess I really need to get a move on with gearing up on the Balmung server. I've been so busy focusing on getting my Odin DPS to 50 before ninja hits that i'm still behind in obtaining myth gear for Fohcswys, let alone soldiery.

On the contrary, now is a good time to let it idle since those are all about to unlock anyway. As long as you're "good enough" in the sense that you can flag the new dungeons without issue, you'll be fine to move up to the next currency / patch holes with soldiery once 2.4 lands.

As I said, i'm behind in myth right now. I've barely done any of the level 50 dungeons simply because I can't consistently hold aggro when running with over-geared players. 

Can't really obtain soldiery/whatever the new one might be if I can't run the dungeons to get it.

Is it bad that my main concern about the Allagan Tomestone of Mystery is where on the Currency UI it's gonna fit?

Says Philo is being removed entirely. It'll still just be 3: The outdated unattainable, the new uncapped weekly and the new weekly.

ty warren i'll be able to sleep tonight

i think i have problems

Is it bad that my main concern about the Allagan Tomestone of Mystery is where on the Currency UI it's gonna fit?

Says Philo is being removed entirely. It'll still just be 3: The outdated unattainable, the new uncapped weekly and the new weekly.

This.

Myth will be where Philo is now. Soldiery where Myth is. New tome where soldiery is.

I'm trying to decide if I should spend myth or if I just cap it at 2.4 if there's gonna be a conversion. They didn't outright confirm we will be trading myth for soldiery.

As I said, i'm behind in myth right now. I've barely done any of the level 50 dungeons simply because I can't consistently hold aggro when running with over-geared players. 

Can't really obtain soldiery/whatever the new one might be if I can't run the dungeons to get it.

Sounds like we need to shine the RPC signal, then. NO ROLEPLAYER LEFT BEHIND.

I'll be getting as much myth as possible for Thavnarian Mists and the like, so I can get all my zeniths ready.

Even if there's a myth>soldiery conversion, I don't think it'll be worth much, as the exchange rate for philo>myth was pathetic.

I'll be getting as much myth as possible for Thavnarian Mists and the like, so I can get all my zeniths ready.

Even if there's a myth>soldiery conversion, I don't think it'll be worth much, as the exchange rate for philo>myth was pathetic.

It helped when converting a capped pile, though, especially if you had something to buy that was costly. Ate about half of the cost of a new book, if I remember right.

Honestly, the best way to hop into soldiery right now from your first fresh 50 is to either purchase an i70 weapon from the marketboard or get your relic quest done to pass the i50 requirement (make sure your accessories are i49 if at all possible), then hop into Crystal Tower (Labyrinth of Ancients). That currently gives you 200 myth a run and the zerg raid has enough folks in it that you'll more often than not be carried to victory regardless of how horrid your alliances are (screw you, Atomos mechanic).

That also nets you i80 gear while you build the myth for i90. Partway through gearing up through CT, you can hop into Hard Mode dungeons and start nabbing soldiery (along with more i70 and i80 pieces which will include accessories).

Once you're in full myth/i90, you can start decking out in soldiery via Expert Roulette.

Honestly, the best way to hop into soldiery right now from your first fresh 50 is to either purchase an i70 weapon from the marketboard or get your relic quest done to pass the i50 requirement (make sure your accessories are i49 if at all possible), then hop into Crystal Tower (Labyrinth of Ancients). That currently gives you 200 myth a run and the zerg raid has enough folks in it that you'll more often than not be carried to victory regardless of how horrid your alliances are (screw you, Atomos mechanic).

That also nets you i80 gear while you build the myth for i90. Partway through gearing up through CT, you can hop into Hard Mode dungeons and start nabbing soldiery (along with more i70 and i80 pieces which will include accessories).

Once you're in full myth/i90, you can start decking out in soldiery via Expert Roulette.

Actually, I got an i49 50 to i92 just by doing hunts and my relic quest. Hunts took about two hours with open window after open window. I capped on soldiery, got an asston of myth, and got enough allied seals to purchase the full i90 set of things. I got an i100 ring with the soldiery I capped, and then smashed and screamed through my relic quest. BAM! 

In that other case though, they'd just have to skimp on the ring to keep the soldiery -- which is fine since there are other places to get i70 or higher.

If tanking I recommend getting the i70 weapon at least.

>.> I once did Hullbreaker isle with someone in mostly myth gear but with the protector's gear from Halatali HM/ Brayflox/Lost City the problem is that they were using the i55 weapon.

Yeah...

But honestly hunts will probably get you the stuff really fast.