Marriage in patch 2.45

Q: I’m looking forward to the wedding system. Will it be part of Patch 2.4?

A: The marriage system, or “Eternal Bonding,” is currently under development on a massive scale. Despite the resources we’re pouring into it, it’s been slow going because we’re setting it up as a reservation system where you pick a date and time to tie the knot. Right now we’re looking at a Patch 2.45 release. It’ll definitely be worth the wait, though─the system is going to be huge and very customizable. We should be able to give you a sneak peek of things like what kinds of dresses there will be fairly soon.

I hope I am not the only one looking forward to this being released. Thoughts, opinions, etc? What I am wondering is when he says 'very customizable' will that include at least one person in the marriage changing their last name.

I haven't heard anything about last names but I do have this if it helps explain some of the customizable bit!

GE: You spoke briefly about the reservation system for the Eternal Bond ceremony.  Will there be a faster system for people who don’t want a full ceremony?  How will the system work?

Y: There will not be a faster system to avoid the reservation system, but the ceremony will not require GM support like what was needed in Final Fantasy XI.  There will be a 2 hour window for each ceremony, which can be reserved by both players a week in advance.  When the time comes,the people who received an invite will be taken to a waiting area, and the bride and groom will be taken to separate waiting areas where they can choose their costume, coloring and hairstyle.  Then when both players accept then the ceremony starts.  It is built to take promptly 2 hours. Once you have reserved the slot it is yours.  The ceremonies are scheduled one week in advance, and they are planning on doing a weekly reset.  It is reserved by talking to an NPC when the slots are opened up.

GE: Will there be any in-game fees for the ceremony?

Y: No, but you will need to craft a ring, so there could be market costs associated with that.  Free Companies might make the rings as a wedding gift for example.

I want the marriage mount and carriage.

like I posted in my thread about using the eternal bond system or not...

Male Mercenary Lalafell who owns his house in The Goblet looking for Eternal Bond Partner.

Will look cute on your shelf.

Male Mercenary Lalafell who owns his house in The Goblet looking for Eternal Bond Partner.

Maybe a roe will answer the ad. Then he really will be plush size

Maybe a roe will answer the ad. Then he really will be plush size

Once upon a time Kage took a Roe to the Ball that was held... but that Roe also slept with a few others like Kage's friend and also ditched Kage during the ball...

@ Lili - Thank you very much for posting that! My role play partner, and I, were interested in knowing what customization there is.

@ Otto - Honestly the queue isn't really bothersome, at least to me. I figure something unique as this (the way FF is going about it) is worth it. Chika and T'urnessa already had their private ceremony, we're just waiting to make it official on the game.

As for the mount I am extremely excited to see what they have planned :D

@ Lili - Thank you very much for posting that! My role play partner, and I, were interested in knowing what customization there is.

@ Otto - Honestly the queue isn't really bothersome, at least to me. I figure something unique as this (the way FF is going about it) is worth it. Chika and T'urnessa already had their private ceremony, we're just waiting to make it official on the game.

You really want to wait several untold months?

We already had a private ceremony xD So waiting several untold months really doesn't bother me.

Based on a separate thread, I believe the "reservation" is on a weekly basis, and resets with the server. Therefore you just need to be on at the right time when it resets.

I have a feeling after about a month of the non-RPers filling up reservations for their meaningless bling, achievements, and titles, it will be much easier for the RPers to actually USE the system.