Morally askew merchant looking for connections!

Hey everyone! I know I've slapped up one of these threads for Xheja a while back. However, that was pre-personality shift and as such, the information has become super out-dated. Now that I've settled into her new self, I thought I would throw up another one of these with some updated ideas to try and drum up some RP and make some connections! Because really, how fun is it to play a shady, power-thirsty, manipulative merchant-type without anyone to play with?

I'm in-game pretty often and chances are, if you find me standing around, I'm up for RP! And even if you happen to find me in the Quicksand, I'll be more than willing to initiate RP anywhere else as long as it makes IC sense for Xheja to be there for some reason. Likewise, I'm also completely open to forum RP and potentially even Skype RP! (In fact, I would actually love to get one or two of these started to keep the RP flowing even when I can't be in-game!)

[align=center]Potential RP Hooks:[/align]

Business Contacts:  Xheja is an Ul'dahn merchant, first and foremost, specializing in high-class cosmetics and dyes. So any sort of business contact - fellow merchants, suppliers, competition, customers, etc. - would make for some good RP! Especially customers. I would love to get Xheja some non-NPC clientele, and maybe some custom orders.

Employees: Figured I'd add a separate section for this. As Xheja's business expands, she would definitely like to expand employment, whether that's recruiting alchemists for development and production, talented salesmen, or even potential business partners to begin selling her wares full-time in other City-States.

"Business" Contacts:  While she has her legitimate business, Xheja also has some alchemical skills that are not openly advertised, particularly in the area of poison-making. While this wouldn't be something that every Joe Schmo off the street would know about, if you're interested in this, let me know and we can try to work it in somehow!

Underground Contacts:  As Xheja's business skews less off the path of legality, she would definitely like to make some shadier contacts to keep herself well-connected to the underground. Black market merchants, secret-sellers, etc. That sort of thing.

"Pawns":  Xheja is very much a manipulative type, and she tends to look at and treat people differently based on how valuable they are to her. That said, she's always got an eye out for someone who might be useful to her - whether they have something or some information she wants, a particularly useful skill set, etc. - and how she might be able to worm her way into their good graces for future use.

Law Enforcement:  What legality-skirting character would be fun without the law to oppose them? Right this moment, there's not a ton going on to really implicate Xheja in anything illicit while the ball gets to rolling. But there are definitely a few things that have went on in the recent past which might cause some curious eyes to turn her way and have some questions asked. Let me know if you're interested in details!

"Victims":  Xheja is very much Void-corrupted and, long story short, she requires the occasional absorption of aether from other living creatures and/or people. (More details on her wiki.) Her preferred method of doing this is to draw a non-lethal amount of aether from willing "victims" with an abundance of and/or a unique/strong type of aether - usually through some sort of manipulation, sob-story, etc. While this is currently a very minor, background part of her story, this option is definitely on the table.

Casual Contacts:  I suppose most of all, I would really just like to get Xheja out there and interacting with more people, period. Idle tavern chatter in the Quicksand? An academic discussion in the Arrzaneth Ossuary? Perhaps a debate on economics in the market wards? I'm up for it!

Of course, RP isn't just limited to these kind of interactions that I've mentioned above. If you've got ideas of your own, I'd be more than willing to hear them and work something out with you! I'm just excited to really get Xhej going full-force. :D

I love shady manipulative characters and my character has mostly only been in touch with neutral or good types, so I would love to RP with you. :D However, I don't really think my character would be able to use any of the prompts you listed...would Xheja happen to sell any books on magic (especially rare and/or old texts)? Artifacts as well? If not, I can probably make the high-class cosmetic thing work if he buys it for a friend, but it would only be a one-time purchase. And honestly, Noxaelius pretty much hits on any female anyway, so he could just come up and start hitting on your character while she's trying to sell stuff LOL.

Entirely depending on when you RP (EU person here.. ._.) I'd be happy to offer up both my main and my alt ad casual/business contacts. Sastra is a tradeswoman, prone to take on most deals as long as they're good, and Thala'to is an ex-dancer-turned-masseur who is.. "moderately" obsessed with looking good, to the point of using cosmetics to hide nasty flaws such as scars. 

I tend to be up through the night during weekends, but otherwise (if you're NA) I am usually around to RP during what is your daytime.

@Lillini:  Xheja doesn't actually sell any books about magic, but she's definitely a buyer. So we could work something out there, I think. Maybe they're seeking out the same book and she beats him to it? And he pokes around and finds out that she's the one that's bought it and comes to try and buy it from her or something? Or vice versa. I'm sure we can figure something out to get 'em talking. :D

@Sastra:  Sounds like we could definitely work something out with either one of them. Though I am an NA player, so I'm not often on during the weekdays during daytime hours. Weekends, I tend to be online more-or-less all day, though. And I'm also open to forum / Skype RP if that's something you might be interested in~

Business Contacts:  Xheja is an Ul'dahn merchant, first and foremost, specializing in high-class cosmetics and dyes. So any sort of business contact - fellow merchants, suppliers, competition, customers, etc. - would make for some good RP! Especially customers. I would love to get Xheja some non-NPC clientele, and maybe some custom orders.

I might be able to work out something with this. I considered dropping by when I saw you in the quicksand, but I'm not awake enough to form any proper RP atm xD I'll see about getting in touch with you later to shoot some ideas! Feel free to check Phae'ra on the wiki, its not quite done yet. But should give you an idea on what kind of person he is.

@Sastra:  Sounds like we could definitely work something out with either one of them. Though I am an NA player, so I'm not often on during the weekdays during daytime hours. Weekends, I tend to be online more-or-less all day, though. And I'm also open to forum / Skype RP if that's something you might be interested in~

I'm not too familiar with skype/forum RP, I've tried skype rp a few times but I must say I do prefer in-game ^^ I will toss a friendrequest from sastra when I catch you online, then we can see if we can work something out :) Now and again in the weekends is definitely good too ^^

Hi Xheja. Though we're already in the same organization, though it'd be fun to give some potential hooks too to my character who could possibly be a potential client for you. Though I haven't RP'ed as much as I should, I'm trying to come up with a few staples that my character would need to be in regular supply of. Cosmetics would be something she would need in her line of work. Would dyes possibly include pen inks?

I'm not too familiar with skype/forum RP, I've tried skype rp a few times but I must say I do prefer in-game ^^ I will toss a friendrequest from sastra when I catch you online, then we can see if we can work something out :) Now and again in the weekends is definitely good too ^^

Alrighty, sounds great to me! :D I'll be looking forward to it~

Hi Xheja. Though we're already in the same organization, though it'd be fun to give some potential hooks too to my character who could possibly be a potential client for you. Though I haven't RP'ed as much as I should, I'm trying to come up with a few staples that my character would need to be in regular supply of. Cosmetics would be something she would need in her line of work. Would dyes possibly include pen inks?

Hey Phayte! :D Xheja can definitely provide cosmetics. As far as pen inks, it's not something she really specializes in. But I would imagine she would be able to whip something up on a custom basis!