Interest Survey - Storyteller / Bard Linkshell

Telluride

I've been conversing with a few people tonight and in the past about the idea of putting together a linkshell specifically for IC Bards and performers.

I've been told that some have done it, and some want to do it, and I am willing to create one myself, but better to let the minds meet and see them find one another before reinventing the wheel.

Specifically, I'd like to see a Linkshell for promoting and communications for the following activities:

1) Forming and setting up events for planned IC performances - Theater, song, storytelling, oration, instant party-time, dance troupes, and the like.

2) Sharing resources for such performances.

3) Flash-mobs for bards - I'd love to see a spontaneous group of performers just show up, put on a show, and disperse, leaving the audience wondering. Yes, instant mobs of Step dancing would count, if not abused!

4) Letting participants get to know each other ICly and OOCly, the better to promote bardcraft/stories, and work together that much better.

So, I know a few of you, but chime in - is this possible?

It's totally the possible! I've always found the biggest problem personally to be that not enough people are gung-ho enough to get the ball rolling and keep it going. It's very tough to do alone! I think with a group of like-minded individuals pushing along, though, it could be a reality.

As far as my own efforts go, I managed to pull together a small band for a little while and we did a handful of performances under the banner "Soliloquy." I'm pretty heavy into end game, though and it can be tough to balance, so I've sort of just gone freelance. It's fun, though, and I'd like to try and reestablish a group that would like to do this sort of stuff. My house in Lavender Beds is set up with a stage and dressing room and everything : P

Long and short, I'd like to be involved and see where this goes :)

I did this sort of thing a lot in LotRO. I know it can be done if anyone is familiar with the super long running consistent events that happened (and are still happening) on Landroval server. (Ales and Tales anyone?) It would be very cool to see stuff like that happening in FFXIV. Even in spite of the fact that we don't have that fancy in-game music system.

But as Xen said it does take a group of like-minded individuals to really keep up the momentum. A single person tends to get overwhelmed. But if you do start one up, invite me on Ojune. I plan on trying to split my time between my two main chars so I don't know how available I'll be for the flash mob type events. But for planned things I'm certainly interested.

I did this sort of thing a lot in LotRO. I know it can be done if anyone is familiar with the super long running consistent events that happened (and are still happening) on Landroval server. (Ales and Tales anyone?) It would be very cool to see stuff like that happening in FFXIV. Even in spite of the fact that we don't have that fancy in-game music system.

But as Xen said it does take a group of like-minded individuals to really keep up the momentum. A single person tends to get overwhelmed. But if you do start one up, invite me on Ojune. I plan on trying to split my time between my two main chars so I don't know how available I'll be for the flash mob type events. But for planned things I'm certainly interested.

I led my LOTRO Guild's band on Landroval for almost a year (Shadow Company), and was friends with some of the Hobbiton Philharmonic - so I know exactly what you mean. Had to put together a raid-level synch performance once... and it was awesome. Those are the things I miss, and even without the system, we can improvise.

I have an alt, too, but I pay very close attention to things. And the beauty of a linked group is that we may always have enough for -something-.

waitwaitwaitwaitwait.

o.0 I lead the SCB for a lil over a year as well! WHO WAS YOUR CHAR IN LOTRO I MUST KNOW WHO YOU ARE! (Amarantos/Kirti/Raerlanna tho amarantos was my bandleader char)

You're Amarantos? I remember your name, I think, though I think you might have come along after me!

I was Nedwyrd Rednettle in LOTRO; Kellien and I put together about 8-10 of our big shows, and she took over when I left but I went over to the Age of Conan group after my LOTRO time. I still run into some SC people every now and then.

And this just means we know what we're doing!

An interest survey, you say. I am very, very interested in this and in the general promotion of the arts in Eorzea! (Might create an alt just for the theater aspect of things :blush: )

Wasn't involved in such initiatives in my year of LotRO, but I definitely wouldn't mind helping or being involved.

I think I've been a person standing in the crowd at some of those events before on LotRO.:blush:

That music system was sure fun.

While I don't have any linkshell space at this time I think it is a great idea to gather like-minded people for event creation. The great thing about story telling is there's a plan of action. 

I'll spread the word around my circles that don't check the RPC.

I'm not a bard or even close to it...but if I could put in a request?

Should this come together, please....PLEASE make a stop by the Wench and give us some shanties. "Let Her Go, Johnny" and "What Do You Do with a Drunken Sailor" and the like.

Tellin' you. Instant party. <3

A couple of us were just talking about reviving some Limsa RP...

And no need to worry, I have not forgotten this thread! Since it's been a holiday weekend for American players, I've been assessing all the input, and giving people a chance to take care of travel and such. I'm looking to make a showing at the Story Circle tomorrow, and check in with some others to move the linkshell forward.

Big Bump!

We have a linkshell formed, but are taking another day or so to work out some logistics before we put up info in the RPC Linkshell list.

However, those who are interested can PM me or Xenedra here, or talk to one of the following in game:

Xenedra Ambreaus

Nathan Telluride

Coraliza Velia

More info coming as we round out starting plans, and an event is very likely to follow! Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

My schedule has been horrid but I've been attempting to find any of you guys in the game but as of late, no such luck! I'll learn to be active during the day instead of napping it away. :blush: But I'm definitely interested.

Most of us are around in the evenings!  I'm usually around until about 11EST on weeknights!  You can also get a hold of any of us here as well!  We're happy to help!

*BIG BIG BUMP*

We're live!

Our linkshell is "Soliloquy", which is being revitalized and revived as the connection for IC performers, Bards, actors and Talespinners that many of you wanted! Information for the linkshell will be kept here:

Soliloquy

Please contact the following for linkshell invites:

Xenedra Ambreaus (Forum name: Xenedra)

Nathan Telluride (Forum name: Telluride)

Coraliza Velia (Forum name: Coraliza)

To celebrate and promote our formation, we will be hosting an impromptu Open House for potential and existing allies in this venture:

Sunday, 12/14

4pm EST

Xenedra's Theater: Lavender Beds Subdivision 4, Plot 41 - Southwest Aetheryte

Expect a session of impromptu storytelling and trivia matches for those of the bardic and the actor's bent!

See the event link here!

Open House