Dragon Age Inquisition: Thoughts and Impressions!

Game isn't worth the initial 59.99, Walmart has it on their site for 45.53 for PC, see if your local story will honor this, if not wait for the game to diminish in value.

Good game, not great, will never be on Dragon Age Origins level (significantly better than DA2) and is worth a purchase. Below are my thoughts:

Fuck crafting: tedious-ad nausea-bullshit that makes you go out an fetch materials to build stuff. This is a console game not some MMORPG, and really detracts from the game play and dumbs the experience down to senseless time sinks.

The environments are beautiful, massive (some not so much) and really immerses you into the game.

The abilities are fun and flashy, but some are horribly bugged and don't work.

Companions aren't as integral in Inquisition as they were in Dragon Age Origins or Awakening, and have very little depth to build upon unless you romance one. A player will get cheeky, quirky, and funny small talk and banter in the world of Thedas, but beyond that they are just resources for combat or the mini-game that is the war table.

Too many goddamn side quests, a player will sink more time in side quests than actual the story's plot.

Combat on PC is shit, use a controller. Combat can be thoroughly enjoyable, but crank up the difficult to hard or better if you want a challenge.

The story is adequate, but not anything resembling Origins or Awakening, but once again better than DA2.

Over all 3/5 or 7/10 for me.

I agree entirely. I don't see how this game got GotY e_e or why so many people are rabid over it. It's a buggy mess and about 70% of the game is filler content.

Really, I was hugely disappointed personally that Cullen is not a combat character. Doesn't detract from the game, but for a man who has survived for 3 games I wanted to use the dude in combat.

Oh, and Sera is a stupid twat. If she didn't bring in resources to the war table and my Inquisition I'd have this woman beheaded for being a supreme douche bag "vigilante."

Varric, bad ass as ever.

Solas is a wise pimp.

Iron Bull is a hilarious.

Black is eh.

Cassandra would be hot if she wasn't such self righteous bitch.

Josephine can "advise" me any day.

Liliana reminds me of a burnt out christian now.

Vivienne is like lawful evil mang.

I agree entirely. I don't see how this game got GotY e_e or why so many people are rabid over it. It's a buggy mess and about 70% of the game is filler content.

Really, I was hugely disappointed personally that Cullen is not a combat character. Doesn't detract from the game, but for a man who has survived for 3 games I wanted to use the dude in combat.

Oh, and Sera is a stupid twat. If she didn't bring in resources to the war table and my Inquisition I'd have this woman beheaded for being a supreme douche bag "vigilante."

Varric, bad ass as ever.

Solas is a wise pimp.

Iron Bull is a hilarious.

Black is eh.

Cassandra would be hot if she wasn't such self righteous bitch.

Josephine can "advise" me any day.

Liliana reminds me of a burnt out christian now.

Vivienne is like lawful evil mang.

Cole: I want to say things about him but due to spoilers I'll remain happily silent.

Go to edit and I quote myself: GG.

GotY

These four letters are a dime a dozen and every magazine / store / DDP / website has their own award. All you need is one to slap it on the box.

You can generally ignore a GotY award.

Generally, but this one actually won the award at the show and got a trophy for it :P 

"GOTY Edition" means nothing, but the actual title does. It's not my fault a bunch of people see "GOTY" and think that it means the game was literally the best thing critically acclaimed without actually taking the time to look it up.

People still buy Bioware and Electronic Arts games?

Apparently so :P I tend to avoid them if I can, but this year has been pretty dry. In other news, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it seemed to fix a majority of the bugs I was having. Rather, I managed to play it for three hours and didn't run into a bug every twenty to thirty minutes.

I agree with most.

This is easily my least favorite of the Dragon Age games. :/

That's pretty harsh man. This game is easily better than DA2 and not bad in the sense: isn't worth your time or money. Well, each to their own.

I'm not so sure about that, but it's debatable. Although, I never did state DA2 was the superior game, just I like it more than Inquisition. 

I really dislike the dumbed down gameplay with inquisition. Say what you will about DA2, but it's gameplay and mechanics were on point. The lack of a proper tactics in Inquisition really hurt it for me. And all the abundant side quests that were just filler. Nevermind all the bugs, and such with inquisition. Could go on, but at work on phone. xD