Jackal & Hide [EU]

Tali

[align=center]openfire.jpg[/align]

*The camera pans in on a Miqo'te,  clad in a red velure smoking jacket, and sat by a roaring log fire in the open hearth, in the oversized embrace of an ornate leather armchair.  Glancing up, he reverently closes the colourful hardback pop-up picturebook shut, and offers a kindly smile as the book "Kupo's" once the two covers come together.*

Well hello there!  How are you all today?  I trust you've been well?  Oh~ I suppose, judging by that eager glint in your eyes, you've come to hear a tale?  Yes... yes... I thought as much.  Something with danger, no doubt?  Adventure?  Lots of excitement?  Mayhaps with a tale of love along the way?

Well, why don't you just draw seat by the fire, snuggle up, toast some marshmallows, and we'll see if we can't find just the story you''re after...

So, where have we been this week?  We've been busy, that's where!

On the PvE side of life, we've begun the long Coil ascent!  It's early days, but we're now putting together more organised groups to go along with the impromptu dungeon runs designed to help folks gear up.  How well will this work out?  I'd like to think fairly well!  We've got some experienced hands in the crew, and those of us new to Coil are eager to learn more!  So fingers are crossed that the drops are as sweet as the people running it.

On the RP side of things...

Inarah's ran a small event with our more sneaky Hobbitses, Tata and Thara to further certain very important plans that have nothing to do with the wedding andifanyonefromtheGoldsmith'sguildnoticestworingsmissingitwasn'tusokay?

Secondly, last night Stone Wall hosted another event for the FC, this time a training event designed to give everyone present an insight into how their brothers- and sisters-in-arms fight, promoting a sense of unity and camaraderie within the pack!

Xiv brought his date along, of course, whereas Tata and his friend Aeron brought along some choice cuts of buffalo, which were promptly turned into a rather moreish stew by Inarah, who continues to delight and surprise everyone with a hitherto hidden talent as a chef.

Oh, and Thya introduced her mentor, who seems to be an honest-to-goodness Warrior.  He and Kilid duelled.  Kilid's pretty much bedridden for a few suns with headtrauma.  Fun times! Looking forward to more of them.

2213397.jpg

2213394.jpg

2213398.jpg

2213395.jpg

2213390.jpg

2213389.jpg

2213387.jpg

YPqJTPo.jpg

2OjbLus.jpg

t5WyoMp.png

wKTLXke.png

Q5qKuJR.png

h6Oveqm.png

Tonight, we're hoping to finish off the first chapter (Job) in Jackal and Hide's tale.  I'm not going to write more about it, because... well, it's more fun to do so after the event!

Just a short bump for recent events today, I'm afraid children. You can look forward to another one soon though, once we've finished up tonight's event!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the training event Friday and Yoral's tending to Kilid's wounds, our grateful Seeker wrote the best song in the world a tribute:

Yoral!

The man they call Yoral!

He jabbed with his stick and healed with passion like fire,

Saved Inarah's man and gained a tale for Myra,

Our love for him now, drowns out all our sorrow,

The hero of Costa, the man they call Yoral!

In other news, last night we wrapped up our first company plot arc. There was battle, bloodshed, twists and turns, and narrowly avoided death! Later on in the coming week, we'll have a small session to wrap up any loose ends before we start planning the next arc. Thank you all for coming, and special thanks to Aeron Volkova for his help. Inarah will no doubt shower him with cakes in gratitude!

I'll be writing up a written report of Saturday's event as per usual but, in the meantime, enjoy some screenshots:

2215170.jpg

2215165.jpg

2215164.jpg

2215162.jpg

2215159.jpg

2215158.jpg

2215157.jpg

2215156.jpg

2215155.jpg

Well hello there, RPC!

I know you've all been wondering what's been happening in the world of Jackal & Hide, and the answer to that is...

Lots, actually!

As Inarah touched upon in the prior post, on Saturday we ALMOST finished up our first ever company story arc.  Inarah summed it up nicely, so I'll just leave you with my own screenshots from the event to go with her own!

MKiicWU.jpg

xVcpJzi.jpg

f3c5Qfp.jpg

Is it truly over?  Probably? (Possibly) One loose end was left, that may crop up in the future if the leadership feel like being mean and giving people a scare.

(You know it's going to happen eventually.)

So what next?  Well, Monday the company met up for a few drinks and a catch-up.  Something we're thinking of doing on a regular basis, as it was a rather productive little meeting.  P'etri and Helia returned from their brief spell of absence, with Helia looking very shiny indeed, and we gained an Emreg and his hat in the company, so a huge welcome to him too!

3d5Zfxy.jpg

jDFVZf2.jpg

N5n3YZu.jpg

JFXSxYT.jpg

sW0QJ6W.jpg

ugiaQnj.jpg

vut3Rx4.jpg

vQESy9m.jpg

JYtdJcs.jpg

mRVRZgb.jpg

U6xl37e.jpg

Naturally, that wasn't enough RP for one night for some of us, so Inarah and Kilid hopped on an airship to Ul'dah, and dove right on in to the Kindred spa for another round of Truth or Dare.  I'll not share the specifics of what happened here, but there was more dancing.  Of a sort.

7VQt0Vc.jpg

q2JTAdf.png

K2AVgW8.png

"No more, Kilid!  No more!  We can't take this much action in one post!" I hear you plead.  Fear not, I know your minds better than you yourselves do.  I know you can take more.  I know you want more.

More you shall have.

Our Wednesday night PvE group came together to do a little more Coil, and we're now preparing to tackle Turn 5.  While that's probably nothing special for a lot of FCs, given that the majority of our group is made of first-timers (turners?), I have to say, I'm pretty darn proud of everyone involved. :love:

Leviathan and Ramuh were also done, for those that needed them to progress the story, and will no doubt need to be done again soon.

a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7bc5b2f29b5f8900face50234%5B1%5D-thumb-autox384-6965.jpg

Last night we actually properly seriously almost finished up the first story arc.  Having seen off the big (Lala-sized) baddie and saved the free world, we did what any group of brave, handsome, noble, self-sacrificing heroes would do.  We broke into his house before anyone realised he was gone, and we picked that damn place clean.  We all came out of that night feeling a little richer.  A huge thank you to X'rhen for helping us out with the event.  Spend your honestly? earned gil wisely!

YH9zeZQ.jpg

VmURtCT.jpg

qmVT8XX.jpg

nToIQoe.jpg

Y9EmL36.jpg

rsdfThn.jpg

0oa3OrY.jpg

rIRYJWy.jpg

2Bf1FKF.png

WDywm6u.jpg

6lEnY9C.jpg

jI2aRro.jpg

chm4juB.jpg

DSbCgx4.jpg

2mbpr99.jpg

BHzFxDW.jpg

pQDcpUj.jpg

So, that's it, right?  Well, kinda.  See, tonight Kilid and Inarah are getting married, and then tomorrow J&H are hosting the Sunny Seaside Bar 4: Bring Fourth the Bards, and we've already got plans in motion for some kind of fishing competition/event/thing, maybe for a future bar, maybe just because we live on a beach and can.  Sunday might be a quiet day though, we'll jkust have to wait and see.  No rest for the wicked, and all that jazz.

Edit: No, no rest for the wicked at all! Sunday, some of J&H will be participating in a mercenary contract :P

Hope to see you all at the bar tomorrow!

Kilid, out.

aSqvbIf8D3Q

[align=center]y1-ntCFJ6uA [/align]

Ifrit's possible, we've been more busy that ever these past suns.  It's been a titanic challenge, but there's been whorl to whorl RP, some of it thorny, some of it striking, and some of it filled with levinty.  It's been a long road to 'march down, but in the end it's worth it.  We don't like leaving our members shiva-ing out in the cold.

So, what has been happening?

Well, there was the little matter of Inarah and Kilid's wedding!  Thank you everyone who came to that, it meant a lot to us :love: A load of screenshots below, with a load more from the cutscenes incoming as soon as I'm back on the desktop once more, along with screenies from others who were present.

And of course, the biggest most Behemoth-sized thank you to Inarah, too!  It wouldn't have happened without her :3

ZHP1aJm.jpg

sLlNJph.jpg

5ghLz2k.jpg

BfqDYAC.png

lNcajx1.jpg

idzZ8QU.jpg

nSRxcrL.jpg

HIesWNZ.jpg

qmmMr9F.jpg

bjIN5o1.jpg

qZDlJYM.jpg

O4KO0IV.jpg

2ShP1O5.jpg

crRqGEZ.jpg

cOY1O6V.jpg

BoVhT8D.jpg

4383xMk.jpg

4x6tY06.jpg

R5KQuJW.jpg

lK1JXmq.jpg

03Xp2nW.jpg

OXc7qDX.jpg

There was also the fourth Sunny Seaside Bar event!  As ever folks, and at the risk of sounding mushy, the event is only successful because of people like you turning up, so a huge thank you to everyone who came along last night and made it what it was.

An extra special shout out to Yoral, Riku, Mara and Freya for the part they played in telling tales to entertain the guests, and to Nailah and Blaze for helping out behind the bar.  It got quite busy towards the end last night, and you two were lifesavers.

Screenshots courtesy of Inarah, as I'm laptop-bound for the week and any pictures I grab look correspondingly horrid.

2223393.jpg

2223392.jpg

2223391.jpg

2223390.jpg

2223389.jpg

2223384.jpg

2223383.jpg

2223382.jpg

2223374.jpg

2223380.jpg

2223378.jpg

2223375.jpg

2223377.jpg

So what's next?  Well, later today some of us will be taking part in a mercenary event and tomorrow we'll likely be found in the Missing Member once again.  After that?  Who knows!  We'll probably be having another shot at Odin, and our first go at Twintania on Wednesday, so wish us luck!

And on a sidenote: We're still looking for a handful of good RPers to join the Jackals and lend a hand, while partaking in the spoils.  If you're interested, and you think you've got what it takes to be a Jackal, nudge Inarah or myself in-game and fill in the application here, and we'll see if we can't arrange an IC meeting.

Ifrit's possible, we've been more busy that ever these past suns.  It's been a titanic challenge, but there's been whorl to whorl RP, some of it thorny, some of it striking, and some of it filled with levinty.  It's been a long road to 'march down, but in the end it's worth it.  We don't like leaving our members shiva-ing out in the cold.

Gah, not the puns! I'm actually just jealous my pun-fu pales in comparison to Kilid's... :blush:

Good day, RPC!

Myes, as the rumours have spoken, our beloved leaders have indeed sail into the lovely  (by that, i mean horrible) harbour of Love! May their bond be eternal and Blossom for another!

And indeed we have sawed'th the end of our first Story-Arc for the Company! But fear noth, we has much more to come and planning. Much fighting and investigating and thieving (did i say thieving? i ofcourse mean't commandeering!) in the future!

And thus we conclude our report! Mayhaps you all have fun out there in the lands of Eorzea, wherever you be!

I seem to have forgotten to post the written report on the closing event for our first company story arc, so without further ado:

Chapter 6

Inarah dutifully presented the evidence the Jackals obtained from Papusashu's mansion to the Maelstrom. Yukiki's name was cleared but it remained to be seen whether the true criminal would face justice; for the right amount of coin, many heads would look away, even at the upper echelons of the Immortal Flames. Weeks passed and word around Ul'dah claimed Papushasu was under intense scrutiny by the authorities, but no charges were made.

In the meantime, Kilid was approached for some work by a rather shifty sounding hyur. With Stone, Thara and Inarah at his side, he met the potential client at a quiet location in La Noscea. The negotiations swiftly turned sour and the hyur revealed his true intentions; with a cadre of heavily armed men, he attacked the Jackals with the aim of elimination. After hearing a call out on the pearl for aid, Thya, Helia and P'etri rushed to meet them and fended off the attacks, with most of their foes taking a long dirt nap. The old hyur, nicknamed "Giggles" by Thara for his creepy, constant laughter, vanished into thin air.

With Myra's connections in Ul'dah, the Jackals were made aware of a deal going down at Candlekeep Quay between Papusashu and an unknown figure. Inarah, Thara and Tata hid themselves nearby to eavesdrop on the conversation between the greedy lalafell and none other than Giggles himself. Papusashu delivered a hefty sack of crystals to the hyur and promised a much bigger shipment, so long as he got the war he'd been promised. Once the negotiation was over, he took the ferry to Aleport and Inarah called the rest of the pack in to follow him.

Tracking down their target to a lighthouse between Aleport and Swiftperch, the company found Papusashu surrounded by armed men and an enormous sealed crate. It wasn't long before blades were unsheathed and the grass at their feet turned red. Some of their foes, however, seemed oddly serene and made no attempt to fight back; the blue marks on their faces were, as the Jackals discovered later, marks of the Drowned, enslaved by Leviathan.

With many of the guards dead or dying, there was a brief lull in the battle and a muffled skittering could be heard near the cliff's edge. The Jackals backed up and pressed themselves to the lighthouse wall, unsure what fresh threat this would bring, and stared in horror as Sahagin clambered over. The beastmen grabbed Papusashu and the crate of crystals with aid of the Drowned and disappeared as quickly as they arrived.

The threat of crystal smuggling now eradicated, the company hoped this would be the last they heard of crystals for a long, long time. They each made their way back to their homes but with the night's events weighing heavily on their minds.

Epilogue

With Papusashu gone, the Jackals had one last matter of business: the not-so-dearly departed's earthly belongings. To that end, Inarah got in touch with one of her contacts in Ul'dah, X'rhen. Although now a bartender at a high class hotel, Rhen was once rather acquainted with city underbellies. He was able to provide Inarah with details of guard patrol routes in the Goblet and, after some persuasion, even picked the lock on the front door to Papusashu's mansion.

With time ticking away before the next patrol arrived, Rhen and the Jackals swooped in to relieve the house of anything not nailed down. Thya found herself a set of finely crafted smithing hammers, P'etri acquired some paintings that caught her eye, Emreg made off with an armful of jewels and Yoral raided the pantry for fish (of course) and a bundle of expensive herbs. Stone stumbled upon what appeared to be an heirloom axe and Rhen hit the cactpot with several bottles of Bacchus wine.

Rhen eagerly moved on to pick the lock on a safe downstairs but was rather disappointed to find only lalafell sized party clothes inside. However, Inarah spied a feminine looking dress with a locket hanging on it. It appeared that the locket belonged to none other than the Jackals' client, Yukiki. Kilid also later found an unsent love letter in a secret compartment in Papushashu's desk, addressed to Yukiki.

Raid over without incident, everyone moved out to meet in Horizon where Yukiki was waiting. She was clearly disturbed by the news of Papusashu's dastardly machinations and how he came to his end, especially after Kilid gave her the mementos found in the mansion. "Yes, well, you've been paid. If you'd kindly vacate my presence, I would be alone now," the sullen lalafell ordered as she tossed Kilid a hefty sack of gil.

Although the job was done and the villain certainly wouldn't be smuggling crystals again, the Jackals couldn't help but wonder if this was the last of it. Giggles was still out there, after all...

"Ah s'pose ah were 'opin' fer too much t'get everythin' wrapped up in a neat lil' package?" Inarah sighed to Kilid. "Aye, y'were," he muttered as the company made their way back to Limsa.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackal & Hide would like to take a moment to bring you this public service announcement:

[align=center]mhjvtxtq5wc [/align]

Twelve, it's been a while since we've done a more in-depth write-up here!  Why?  Well, I'm glad you asked.

We have a house!  It's taken forever, but J&H came together as one, dedicated time and effort and gil (A huge thanks to Inarah for many a sleepless night crafting all of our accessories and armour for SBing!), and Anelia Sadowyn was wonderful enough to sell us their plot in the Mists!  We're working on turning that into something similar to our original vision for Jackal and Hide now, as I type this.

Screenshots will be dropped here somewhere once we're done with that!

What else?  Well, a huge welcome to Bert and Jino, our recent muscle and healer, respectively!  Expect to see the pair of them popping up in J&H stories in the near future!

Did I say stories?  I did!  We've begun our next overarching plotline that will provide a subtle thread that ties all the coming events in together!  A writeup of that first event is forthcoming, and will be shared here as soon as it's ready.  Promise!

Screenshots courtesy of Inarah

2231026.jpg

2231023.jpg

2231024.jpg

2231025.jpg

2231020.jpg

2231022.jpg

2231021.jpg

Is there more?  Of course.  Last night was the Sunny Seaside Bar #5, and as ever it was a great night, full of fun, frolics and fish!  Congratulations to Rythiel Rothmoore for taking home the first place prize, may your Something Nice™ serve you well in the coming suns.

Steps towards the Sunny Seaside Bar #6 have already been taken, and news of that will be made available in the coming week or so, once we've spoken with a few folks, in game and out.

A more fleshed out selection of images can be found at: http://imgur.com/a/yaTHm

mXh9Dg0.jpg

VvqqrY1.jpg

2bcd2MZ.jpg

pcNDXJ7.png

xVWOtvm.jpg

nAZlu6d.jpg

lTiq4cJ.jpg

0iDpp26.jpg

Ygkg7vH.jpg

12cbKFU.jpg

HdPxlLi.png

For now, that's all there is to report on, here.  Thanks for reading folks, and if you decide you want in with The Jackal's story, if you feel you genuinely want to leap into a crackpot community of puns, parties, and plots, if you look at these posts and think that you could add something meaningful, then we'd love to hear from you!  Take a peek here: http://jh-rp.enjin.com/recruitment

Hmm... I've been sat here for a good twenty minutes pondering a way to close this.  Something deep, or something funny, or just something poignant.

Watch a fight with giant demon Samurai, instead:

[align=center]c-bCGOthQ5k [/align]

Peace out, folks!

[align=center][video=youtube]

[/align]

I got nothing intelligent to add here, just YAY WE GOT A HOUSE! As Kilid says, thanks so, sooo much to Anelia Sadowyn for selling her house to us! Massive thanks as well to everyone in J&H for their hard work in saving up the millions of gil needed for this. We're still furnishing the place up but hope to be inviting visitors over soon!

As previously mentioned, we started our next company plotline and I have the first event's written report for your enjoyment:

Act 2: Ashes to Ashes

Chapter 1

Not long after Papusashu's mansion was raided and the plunder fenced off to eager buyers, Kilid collected the post on his way to the tavern. He settled into a chair and handed the bundle to Inarah as they shared a pint with Helia and P'etri. Bills, payments for contracts performed and so on were all there, but one item in particular stood out with its ornate handwriting. Inarah opened the envelope curiously; it contained a handful of invitations, all in the same beautiful script.

The female's face went pale as her golden eyes passed over the contents. "Somethin' wrong, 'Narah?" Kilid frowned and came to stand next to her, resting a hand on his wife's shoulder. Voice trembling, Inarah explained that the Jackals had received an invitation to Papusashu's funeral. More alarming still, the names on the invitations were the false names the company had given when they crashed the party at the foul lalafell's mansion.

This raised several questions. How was a funeral arranged so quickly for someone who had not even left a body, who may not even be dead? How did the invitations, addressed to people who didn't exist, find their way to the Jackals' door? "Someone's toying with us," Helia remarked darkly.

After some deliberation, the four agreed to attend the funeral, scheduled for that evening, and bring some backup should anything go awry. Thara, Xiv and Yoral joined them on the ferry from Limsa to Thanalan and made the trek through the desert to the Church of Saint Adama Landama.

Their journey went without incident until they arrived outside Camp Drybone and noticed a broken down caravan with a mob of orphan children in tow. The children descended upon the Jackals, prodding, poking and laughing. P'etri found her coin purse not just lighter, but missing entirely, Helia had her hair pulled and the rest were scratched hard enough to draw blood during the swarming.

Moving swiftly on to the church, the company was greeted by a lalafell priest. He performed the last rites, including a tirade against "thieving mercenaries who thought nothing of plundering a dead man's home," and emptied an urn full of ashes onto the ground. Rather than falling to the parched earth, despite the still air, the ashes rose up with a life of their own and coated all of the Jackals head to toe.

Helia aggressively questioned the priest but he swore he was never given a name; only a very substantial amount of coin. Turning to each other with worried frowns, the company left the church and planned their next move. Helia and P'etri went straight to the Alchemists' Guild in Ul'dah to have the ashes analysed whilst Inarah and Thara agreed to try to track down the sender of the invitations.

"Aye, someone's toyin' wiv us alright...an' we're gonna find out who," Inarah mumbled under her breath as they headed back to Limsa.

[align=center]zhAmug6Ts6o [/align]

Is it that time again?  I think it is that time again, yes!  It's time for a quick summary of what J&H have been up to since our last update.

Sunday:  J&H tagged along with the Kindred guided tour of Upper La Noscea!  I say tagged along, we provided security, given that it was pretty much in our back yard, and two of the company grew up not far north of the region being expolored.

It was fun, educational, and ended up in the hot springs during a thunderstorm.  Trés pretty!

First, the entire album: http://imgur.com/a/gJ8fq

zgueE8N.jpg

mYPjuRs.jpg

q3g2zqU.jpg

VFygN2d.png

Hb5wYWO.png

LdVZ85e.jpg

soMp6gq.jpg

QRo3r4t.jpg

7YHGERY.jpg

qnMOIZC.jpg

Monday:  Company gathering in the Missing Member, just east of the Aftcastle.  Pretty quiet, aside from the near-brawl between a Lalafell and a Highlander.  Throwing salt into someones face makes them angry.  Who knew?  An announcement was made that we'd just purchased a property in the Mists from an old pirate sailor who ran a small salvage operation.  We're going to be continuing that salvage operation, and absolutely nothing else will happen behind the scenes there.  Nothing.

(No screenshots from this end, sorreh!  If someone wants to chime in with their own screenies below, they're more than welcome!)

Tuesday:  A small event following up on some leads from the current plottings developed by the leadership.  Murder, mystery, and a possible haunting ensued!

(Again, no screenshots!  I've failed you all ;_; I was too busy DMing, sorry.

dungeons-dragons-4.jpg

Although, again, if someone wants to post some below, I'd be pretty thankful!)

Wednesday: Jackal & Hide officially left the old shack behind!  The Chocobo's were loaded up with heavy items, the staff were loaded up with heavy items, and some external help in the form of Rhen was loaded up with heavy items!

Thankfully, it was a short journey with only a small (large) amount of really steep stairwells.  Good thing that rain stopped and the sun came out to really bake anyone who was unfortunate enough to be outside lifting boxes, eh?

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/kuN2v

rjSXXEa.jpg

PxQ4q9S.jpg

z9ySmfj.jpg

hqxMGJ2.jpg

vdl8wuv.jpg

gfm0e1O.jpg

VvmMM3r.jpg

36HbDwj.jpg

69cpxMZ.jpg

Thursday: Some of us are going to be NPCing for the MercWork contract tonight!

Friday: ... Possibly a day off?  We've been doing things every night since Saturday, Friday is possibly going to be a night off *Tentative nod* PvE will likely happen.  That, or it'll be the night we start contacting people about performing for the next Sunny Seaside Bar.  If you're looking to perform, and you've contacted us before, we'll probably be reaching out to you ICly then.

Saturday: The EU now has its own grindstone-esque event!  We'll be there for the inaugural shedding of blood, of course.

Is that it?  I think that's it.  If that's not it, there'll just have to be more posts.  We're hovering around a good number of active players right now, but we're always keeping our eyes peeled for more roleplayers that fit the bill!  Remember folks, you don't have to be experienced, just willing to learn, and participate!

Peace out!

[align=center]gBzJGckMYO4 [/align]

Monday: Company gathering in the Missing Member, just east of the Aftcastle.

(No screenshots from this end, sorreh!  If someone wants to chime in with their own screenies below, they're more than welcome!)

Ask and ye shall...

2238858.jpg

2238857.jpg

2238859.jpg

Tuesday: A small event following up on some leads from the current plottings developed by the leadership.

(Again, no screenshots!  I've failed you all ;_; I was too busy DMing, sorry.

Receive!

2241462.jpg

2241461.jpg

2241459.jpg

2241460.jpg

2241458.jpg

Good day, RPC and happy holidays!

As our beloved Guildleaders have said little while ago, we indeed now have, after months of hard work, established a base of operations (insert a song from C&C here)

It's not a Manor, but it's all lovely and cozy regardless! (I told them to buy Manor but they didn't listen!)

And we already have our first plot involving the house! (does anyone know the number of Ghostbusters? No? Okay.)

Aside from all that, We are anxiously waiting for the oncoming Heavensward! Dragons! Guns! Big Swords! Cards! Spears! Snow! More Guns! More Snow! More Dragons and more everything! It is going to be a -hot- Summer, literally! Very much looking forward to see you all there!

And for finish touch!  (And no, we do not have armored tanks...not yet, atleast)

sWWfOHw4KHw

Next installment of our reports on the company plotline is below!

Chapter 2

Some suns after the funeral, Helia and P'etri informed the rest of the Jackals that the Alchemist Guild had finished their analysis. The ashes were the remains of a hyur, not a lalafell, and mixed with a combination of dried voidsent blood, the powdered claws of some sort of creature and a sprinkling of fire shard fragments. Helia was certain they were spell components, most likely for a curse, and she and P'etri headed off to Coerthas to seek counsel.

In the meantime, Inarah had managed to get a lead on whoever had sent the funeral invitations. Tracking the man down to a back alley in Limsa, she found him, but he was no more than a bloated corpse lying face down in a shallow puddle of water. The stench of rotten eggs hung in the air and her ears flattened from a buzzing noise that, whilst so faint as to be almost imperceptible, was relentless. Not thinking too hard on it, as death wasn't an uncommon sight in a big city, she shrugged it off and chased up another lead.

This one led her to the Silver Bazaar in Thanalan and she brought Thara along to investigate. The pair of Seekers found the man's home empty yet there was the same buzzing sound and sulfuric fetor Inarah had encountered with the Limsan lead. Inarah scouted the roof of the building and, in the distance, saw a faint light glowing at the nearby pier. With no other clues to go on, the two miqo'te headed down to the docks.

As they approached the pier, the light winked out and a streak of white appeared a few fulms from the water's surface before vanishing with a loud splash into the sea. The women cautiously moved to the edge and discovered a corpse matching the description of their lead.

With the stench of sulfur and incessant buzzing growing, a flash of darkness seemed to not quite steal all light from the world, but invert it, with black becoming white. The Seekers saw the man's body no longer face down in the water but hovering in the air and, more horrifying still, bearing the faces of their respective mothers - both long departed. The water around them turned into an ocean of white flame and the sky a vortex of, not black, but the total absence of light and colour. All of this, for a split second, with the buzzing a deafening roar in their ears.

The nightmarish scene disappeared and the pair stared in stunned silence for several moments. When they collected themselves, Thara decided they should inspect the corpse still floating in the water and Inarah reluctantly helped her drag it onto the dock. The dark skinned Seeker, remaining cool and calm in the face of Inarah's fretting, conducted her investigation. The poor sod's chest was hollowed out and filled with various rubbish, but also a handful of gems - the same sort of gems the Jackals had stolen from Papusashu's mansion. As realisation dawned upon the blonde miqo'te and she backed away in horror, there was a skittering sound on the other side of the dock. That was the last straw; Inarah raced back to the Silver Bazaar, leaving Thara alone with the corpse.

The pair converged shortly after Inarah's display of cowardice, both disturbed by the night's events but otherwise safe. As they made the journey back home to Limsa, they explained what had happened to the others over the pearl. None could make much sense of it but the company was now certainly on their guard.

By the Twelve, it's been a while since a sizable update bomb was dropped on you all.  So you know what?

[align=center]_J6-3l3hCm0 [/align]

Thank you Tychus.  Yes, it is.

There's been... rather a lot happening since that last update.  And I'm the lucky soul that gets to tell you all about it!  Plump up those cushions and get comfy folks, this could take a while!

*Looks at checklist of things that need to be written about*

*Cries*

Saturday:  Firstly, many thanks (again) to Inarah for the recent write up of the story event that took place wa~~y back then!  More creepy Fel things above our pay grade, and more RP!  We like RP in J&H.  Thanks to those that took part, both in the company and those unintentional souls without who got caught up in it!  We'll be progressing it again this coming Saturday.

A~~~nd!  The Anchorage!  The Anchorage happened!  It kicked arse in a much more EU-friendly time zone, so a big ol' thank you to the Kindred, and Rythiel in particular, for putting that gig together and providing an enjoyable night of violence and bloodshed for all.  Hoping to perform a little better, next time, personally >_>

The entire album can be found at: https://imgur.com/a/sLdk3

Ar0gfKH.jpg

6MZGSet.png

XpoL495.jpg

hn7BJ49.png

YabMqra.jpg

tBpjOOq.jpg

Monday:  What else?  Monday is our weekly catch up in the Missing Member!  A quiet night of relaxed RP amongst friends, that's open to all comers (Hint, hint.)  As ever, it was a great night, thanks Jackals!

B756vZB.jpg

2VpgOj8.jpg

TlnB3w1.jpg

yBm00MH.jpg

Wednesday:  Wednesday night is the company PvE night, so naturally, we went forth and conquered.  I *think* everyone in the company has a class/job at 50 now, so the next night should let us tackle more turns.  Looking forward to that.

Friday:  Our very own Xiv hosted a small, quiet-ish beach party down on, funnily enough, the nearby beach.  Apple bobbing, pin the tail on the Couerl, eating and drinking filled the night, and in the end a good time was had by all! :D Thank you, Xiv!  Rather looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Bert and myself tried a spot of interior redecoration afterwards, to rid ourselves of a painting that'd had delivered the week prior.  The painting won, and still sits there.

(It's about this point that I switched to a newer version of ReShade, so if the screenshots look a little... 'off', that'd be why.  Still tweaking the settings, even now, sorry folks!)

The entire album can be found at: https://imgur.com/a/QBTz5

sXEU8ZM.png

lZvrTFy.png

2eZ8TZX.png

b2wq2Bs.png

wiVmOFb.png

VvE0bCp.png

HS2RzSg.png

Saturday:  The beginning of a very busy weekend.  Another plot event hosted by yours truly to further our current storyline was had in the afternoon, uncovering bodies and subjecting ourselves to yet more rather unpleasant magic:

7bikTzU.jpg

Before Thya, Inarah and myself ran off to witness the Eternal Bonding of Garrison and Yoo:

The entire album can be found at: https://imgur.com/a/T1Fgn

RwM86XQ.png

tksiMgD.png

4IMv5Ig.jpg

99IaHI8.png

XxNRKmT.png

m5yp5yT.png

hmV7KkG.png

THEN!  It was the Sunny Seaside Bar, and I think this may have been the largest bar yet!  Thank you to everyone who turned up, and that you to everyone who took part in the entertainment and made it a great night for absolutely everyone who turned up.  We had a blast here in J&H, and hope all of you did, too.

The entire album can be found at: https://imgur.com/a/CHAjv

xEfa4wd.jpg

Fez5QRB.jpg

8GvEQ9b.jpg

JOb6IV0.png

o8tm08a.jpg

cTtGYNp.jpg

BiVUY5v.jpg

dPfZzcd.jpg

It was also this night that we welcomed Romimo, a Lalafell we met by chance during the guided tour of Upper La Noscea, Miir, the partner-in-crime of Thya, and Hetha (Myra's alt) into our ranks, so a huge welcome to you all!  May your stay here lead to early insanity, so that the prolonged exposure hurts less!

Sunday:  Sunday morning and afternoon was spent, mostly, preparing for the announcement of the Tri-Wizards Cup! the Wine and Dine festival, along with the Kindred and Aeon!  That was exciting to announce, and many thanks to the leaders of both for their hard work and effort in this, too!  Much :love:.

We also welcomed another two minions members into the fold!  Busy weekend, indeed.  Another huge welcome to Cassandra and Ludivine!  Looking forward to working with you both soon.

Finally, there was the FC Summit!  It was a great opportunity to learn a little more about some of the fellow FCs that make up this wonderful realm! Thanks for organising that one, Erik.

Monday:  Eeyup.  Got it in one.  Missing Member bar night!  We... have a think for bars, and drinking, IC.  I see (... I see, I see!) nothing that could go wrong with that, when combined with illicit activities, weapons and magic.

JBl8F1q.png

P122wJs.png

k46kXIf.png

jHJYTwN.png

pyYWCpH.png

And that's that, folks!  I promise not to leave you waiting on an update this long again.  Mostly for my benefit, leaving it a week leaves a lot to cover!

Peace out,

Kilid

[align=center]wcW_Ygs6hm0 [/align]

One of our main goals here at J&H has been to ensure everyone gets to enjoy and fully participate in our RP. That's why, after our latest influx of new members (welcome again to Miir, Romimo, Cassandra and Ludivine!), we've decided to restrict recruitment for the time being. We're only considering applications from people who have already RPed with us and proven themselves to be a good fit with the rest of our crew.

Now, on to the news. We had our usual Missing Member meetup on Monday, PVE shenanigans on Wednesday and a snowman building party hosted by Xiv on Friday but the main event was our company plotline on Saturday (written report coming Soon™). The mysterious painting haunting the Jackals has finally been destroyed!

2256386.jpg

2256387.jpg

2256385.jpg

2256383.jpg

2256382.jpg

2256384.jpg

This week we have the Missing Member as usual will be attending the Kindred's housewarming party tonight and no Sunny Seaside Bar! Instead, J&H are working together with Aeon and the Kindred to host the Wine and Dine Festival on 16 May. We look forward to seeing you all there!

I got these done sooner than I anticipated so without further ado, the latest written reports of our company plotline:

Chapter 3

Inarah had discovered another lead about a week after the events in Silver Bazaar. This one led her to Gridania to search for a Highlander man nicknamed The Bear. A wealthy arms trader and former rival of Papusashu, he had since retired in the Lavender Beds to enjoy his fortune. The blonde Seeker met her partner in crime, Thara, in Gridania and the pair headed to the Beds.

They arrived at the Bear's house, only to find a pink haired lalafell claiming she owned the house. There was some fruitless discussion as the prickly lalafell was busy digging in the front garden. Some slip of a comment seemed to frighten the woman and she ran off screaming, calling for the guards to arrest the two Jackals. The Seekers took the opportunity to investigate the area; the patch of soil the lalafell was focused on had a rather large lump in it and, after some digging, pieces of a corpse were found in the earth.

The skittish lalafell reappeared as dark clouds swept in. Rain began to pour, revealing the lalafell's true brown hair colour and a more clear view of her face, which Inarah recognised. She was Yukiki, the very woman who had hired the Jackals moons ago and once lover of Papusashu. Yukiki ran to the docks with the miqo'te in hot pursuit but she escaped on the ferry.

Inarah and Thara took another ferry and followed her, and that's when everything took an even more sinister turn. The boat made its way without trouble at first, but the sky grew dark again and the ferry master disappeared. An arm reached up over the boat's edge; Thara pulled it, only to discover it wasn't attached to any body. More severed limbs appeared and jumped into the boat as if with a life of their own...

And just as suddenly, the boat arrived in Gridania and the gruesome scene changed. What was once an angry vortex of a storm were now clear skies and the dismembered body parts all vanished, save for a male Highlander's head impaled on the ship's prow with an imp hovering over it, cackling away.

The two Seekers decided it would be best not to be found by the Wood Wailers with a decapitated head and made their way back to Limsa with great haste, not at all sure what their next step would be.

Chapter 4

Kilid had been away in Coerthas seeking advice with regard to the mysterious painting that had been sent to the Jackals' new home in the Mists. Somehow, despite Helia removing the picture of the four elezen from the frame, and Kilid locking it away in a safe in the basement, it reappeared in perfect condition on the wall in the reception area. It could not be removed, no matter the strength of the man or woman attempting to pry it off. At the same time, strange noises, like a ghostly child laughing, or items disappearing and then reappearing in a different location, began to plague the Jackals.

This continued unabated until Kilid returned from his journey. He had been told that the painting contained voidsent and was given the tools to exorcise and capture them, with the promise of no small amount of coin should he succeed in obtaining their essence. The night Kilid returned, he called the company down to the basement to explain just how they would all be involved in eradicating the voidsent.

It seemed the creatures inside understood their potential fate, as it wasn't long before the 'haunting' ramped up with more ghostly voices and the ethereal spectre of the children from the painting skipping about in the front garden. As Kilid handed out vials of an unknown liquid which would be used to stun the voidsent, the imps discarded their glamours and flung fireballs into the house. Bert was struck and out for the count, which left Jino attending to him in the infirmary.

Cass summoned a rock guardian to stand sentry at the door and she, Ludivine, Bert and Jino stayed behind whilst the others split up and went outside in an attempt to lure the imps from hiding. Xiv and Thara made short work of their quarry and Romi got hers down with the help of Kilid. Inarah's managed to outwit her, leading her on a merry chase throughout the Mists, until she gave up and returned to the house.

In the infirmary, Bert, Jino and Cass were having a discussion with Kilid, but he was behaving oddly. Sensing something amiss, Jino asked on the pearl where Kilid was; he was still outside with Romi. Realising they had an impostor on their hands, Cass screamed for assistance and Ludivine and Inarah raced downstairs.

Cass's rock guardian attacked the doppleganger but it easily sidestepped it. Inarah flung herself forward to tackle it, only to be backhanded into the wall, hitting her head with a loud thud and slumping to the floor. Ludivine dragged the dazed Seeker out of the fray and flung her vial at the ceiling, which smashed and showered everything nearby in shards of glass and the liquid contained therein. The imp's glamour disappeared and it squawked as it tried to flee but Bert, still in an injured state, managed to grab a leg and hold it down.

Cass had had enough and charged in herself, shattering her vial over the imp's head and shredding her hands with the broken glass. The voidsent dropped to the floor and the stone guardian pummelled the body a few times for good measure.

Xiv, Thara, Romi and the real Kilid soon returned back to the house. Kilid took out a small stone from his pocket and touched each of the unconscious imps with it; the bodies disappeared and the stone glowed red with each one. Jino and Xiv then got to work healing Thara, Cass and Inarah's wounds.

As the company took care of the aftermath of the night's events, Cass and Thara took the painting down once and for all. It offered no resistance as they removed it from the wall and took it down to the beach. Cass summoned another creature this time, one made of flame, and the painting was soon no more than a pile of ash in the sand.

At last, the Jackals hoped they could sleep soundly once more.

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]ae5XwkSguNI [/align]

Hello children!   It's been a while...

Although Inarah tided all of you over with a brief update, and a full event summarh, I think you all deserve a little more, as reward for your good behaviour.  What follows then, is a full summarisation of the past fortnights happenings!  Sans screenshots, as yours truly is currently on his laptop, a couple hundred miles away from his usual desktop.  If any Jackals want to chime in later with their own screenshots, that'd be most appreciated!

So... that summary, eh?

Well!  Firstly, our regular Missing Member Monday was cast aside for a fancy shindig at the Kindred's redecorated home.  We were all very impressed by the new layout, and a great, drunken, truth or dare-filled time was had be all.  None of us dressed all that fancy though, if I'm honest.  Aside from Bert.  Bert insisted on dressing up.

Wednesday, we stuck to the tradition of haing our weekly PvE night.  Things that weren't ourselves died in great droves, gearing was on the up, HP levels were way down low, and the overall result was a net profit.  Good times, good times...

Following that of course, was the Wine and Dine Festival on the Saturday, in which many many people turned up to inflict chatscroll upon us!  A whopping great thank you to everyone that turning up, and an equally humongous thank you to all the other Jackals, the Kindred, and Aeon for making the night happen as smoothly as it did!  Yours truly ended up with nearly a gigabyte of screenshots by the time the last of us left the Kindred home, and so I'll vouch for the evening having been a fantastic time. :love:

Following that, it was off to Bronze Lake on Sunday for the fashion contest.  Four Jackals entered the mens fashion entry, and three Jackals took home the first, second and third prize.  We're officially the best dressed rogues in Eorzea, folks!

(The following feeling may occur should you happen to see Zee, Jino or Xiv walking past in the street:

[align=center]

[/align]

It's a natural feeling, and we highly encourage you to follow through with it.)

Monday.  Back to the Missing Member for the traditional open company get together!  Small, quiet, and fun.  Until a naked Roe burst in. And then it ended with the Company leaping from the railings to the waters below.  Oh, and following the drinking, we were harassed by a crazy Elezen Hells-bent on setting one of our FC friends aflame.  It wasn't a quiet night, actually.  Or small.  But it was fun!

Wednesday:  PvE!

Last night, Inarah and Stone ran a small salvage event off the southern coast of La Noscea.  Being a small salvage event designed to make the FC a tidy profit with minimal risk, four Jackals ended up in the company infirmary, with at least two still there.  Best laid plans, eh?

Tonight:  We're going to be finishing up our current FC storyline!  Inarah's at the helm for this one, as it's her character orchestrating all the unnatural goings on of late.  Once tonight's concluded, we'll be clear to plan the next Costa bar event, and initiate the next overarching company plot.

(We likes our storylines, here, if you couldn't tell already.  What's an RP FC witout plot, eh?)

And that, folks... is that.  For now.  We'll be back, promise!

Good day, RPC!

Indeed like Kilid said, we'd have a very busy week behind us! Lots of action and socialising and more action! Jackals are busy folk!

We did have our final showdown with FC's storyline and boy what a showdown it was!

The jackals were prepared for much, and much did we get!

The whole night started on a drek through a cavern filled with Darkness (Well duh, Caverns are usually dark, but this was special kind of dark!)

And then there was sudden burst of Lights! surely, filled this cavern was with mind-numbing magics!

But the Jackals pressed on, ever more determined.

And thus, as they reached the cave's exit and moved on, with the air filled with silent laughters and

whispers bent to tear the brave Jackals apart inside, there stood a blockage before them.

A Voidsent Teratotaurs!, assembled and all ready to tear the Jackals apart this time more physically!

It was a gruesome battle, with with many wounds and damages inflicted one and to another! but thanks to the fierce skills and outstanding teamwork of the Jackals, the Voidsend beasts fell one after another! Group pressed on, all ready to face of whatever there could be thrown at them! (But they couldn't be prepared for this...)

Their next challenge was, something they weren't very much prepared. Before them stood not just a woman, but a Demon in Sheep's clothings! Before they could start to properly act, this Witch had befallen them with a charms! It was soon, chaos filled among the ranks of the Jackals! Men enthralled by this beautifull woman, fighting for her attention and Women trying to figure a way to release them from their charms! It was trickery battle, but admits the chaos, J'Kilid himself managed to deliver a strike into the Woman, revealing the truth.

It indeed was not a woman, but a Succubi! What followed was another fierce battle to the death!

But yet again, the skills and teamwork of Jackals put together payed dues, as the Demon was finally slayed.

Battered and suffering wounds, the Jackals had no choice but to carry on, for a final challenge. A mastermind Lalafell Lady (Lalafells, who would have thought, they are the smartest of the races, afterall!) Stood there, surrounded by a army of Voidsends! But the taunts and the cursings of the lady fell on herself, as her army of voidsends turned to her! Tearing the poor girl apart and vanishing themselfs, The Jackals had finally defeated and sealed off one chapter in their Life.

Alas, the future looks bright for the Jackals as they can finally get some rest.

...Until another trouble rises.

But, that is a story for another night. Thank you for reading, and be seeing you all around Eorzea, RPC!

(because i am horrible with linking the pictures to this, mayhaps everso glorious Leaders could provide us with some screenshots of this great event!)

Hello, resident crew member Zhyalyhe Loeshaksyn chiming in on this wonderful thread. I know what you were waiting for, screenshots. You will have to unfortunately wait further for those, for screenshot skills I do not have. Instead, I thought I'd show you a couple of interpretations of recent events.

[align=center]The Power of Jino'ya! Full Picture

Zhyalyhe's hand painted recollection of the battle at the Salt Strand. Painted on cured whale skin, currently pinned up in the shop's lobby.

---

Jino'ya Traore, healer extraordinaire saves the group from a volley of ranged attacks. The bandits were relentless down at the Salt Strand. Surely it would be the end of the Jackals without the protective barrier he summoned. Thankfully we all made it out alive, aside from a few cuts and bruises (read about the gory details!).

NOH0Zxz.jpg

Yukiki's Phantoms Full Picture

Zhyalyhe's hand painted recollection of the floating bodies at the Burning Wall. Painted on cured whale skin, currently pinned up in the shop's basement.

---

Is going to the Burning Wall ever a good idea? I'd have to answer with an enormous NO! You can read Stone Wall's report one post up. Here we have the moment Bert Brewforge would love to forget. The poor chap was shaking in his boots as the floating phantoms of Yukiki dashed towards him. He must'a thought his time was up.

J0LB23l.jpg[/align]

That's it for now. I'm sure the next post will be full of glorious screenshots. *nudges Kilid*

A brief announcement before I move on to the news: with our latest batch of recruits now settled in nicely, we're throwing open our doors again for new members! Check out our site and throw an application our way if you're interested in joining our merry band of misfits.

Firstly, thank you to Stone for his summary of the spooky happenings on Saturday and Zee for his gorgeous paintings!

Last week was full of rest, relaxation and socialising so, naturally, this week had to kick things up a notch. We started off with what was meant to be an ordinary evening at the Missing Member and escalated to something more nefarious. A mysterious elezen woman taunted us from a distance and followed us back to our home before setting some of our garden furniture on fire. She left but we've been watching our backs ever since.

[align=center]2264165.jpg[/align]

Friday night led us down to the Salt Strand in Lower La Noscea to salvage a shipwreck. However, it seemed someone else wanted to plunder that booty and we were soon fighting for our lives. The Jackals triumphed in the end and took home a hefty bounty.

[align=center]2267243.jpg[/align]

Last but certainly not least, our second company story arc came to an end on Saturday. The lalafell behind the haunted painting led us all into what we can only assume was a trap meant to end us once and for all. Disturbing illusions, voidsent and charms to turn the Jackals against each other were all thrown at us but we persevered, although it's fair to say we'll be sporting some scars from it. In the end, our seemingly insane foe met her end by her own hands when she meddled with magic far exceeding her ability.

[align=center]2268286.jpg[/align]

This week we hit up the Missing Member again yesterday and met the lovely Locke Rinannis, one of Romi's friends. Tonight, Big Zee will be taking us on a journey of body, heart and mind to better prepare ourselves for any challenges we may face in the future. Finally, on Saturday, we open up the Sunny Seaside Bar once more with a Triple Triad tournament. Hope to see folks there!

• 2 weeks later...

We're still busy here and, with the expansion release date edging ever closer, trying to prepare for a journey to Ishgard. Apparently that preparation involves drinking lots of booze, as we do seem to find ourselves in taverns quite regularly! We've had two visits to the Missing Member since my last update, getting up to no good as usual and meeting some new faces. We also welcomed Lanielle Lanelle and Locke Rinannis to our crazy crew!

2276716.jpg

Zee's battle meditation exercises last Tuesday were met with some scepticism at first but everyone soon got into it, dabbing war paint on faces and contorting in awkward poses in the name of serenity. At the end of the night, he gave us each a pirate name in the Sea Wolf language. Thanks, Zee, for helping us find our battle hearts!

2270898.jpg

Saturday was another night of boozing at the Sunny Seaside Bar. Jino hosted a Triple Triad Tournament and did a fantastic job! Our first place winner was Rosie Bubblegum who got the prize of a Wind-up Dullahan. Our own Ludivine came in second place and Xivrez'to tied for third with Chokho Viqqoh. Whilst the card tournament was going on, Fheyla Haken and Nebula Stardancer provided the rest of the patrons with some entertainment. Thanks to everyone for showing up!

2275573.jpg

Tonight we have some work to do but it's going to be a little out of the ordinary. I don't want to give too much away but suffice to say we might want to use our brains rather than our weapons on this job! Finally, on Saturday, Romi is going to lead us into the ruins of an old gaol deep in the Shroud. Although it's rumoured to be abandoned, who knows what we'll find within its depths.

That's it for now. You stay classy, Jackals!