Bands you think you only listen to

I would be pleasantly surprised if anybody on the RPC listens to Woods of Desolation.

[video=youtube]

Heavily atmospheric. One of my favorite black metal releases in recent memory at the very least.

Winterfylleth.

[video=youtube]

Also this:

[video=youtube]

Been listening to NOFX and other 90's punk bands since I was 12. Will never grow out of this. :3

A little less heavy than what I'm used to, but her voice is superb. Just wish I was seeing her in London on Tuesday!

Used to listen to this band when I was like 15, and recently rediscovered them!

More flavour text here!

Last, and certainly not least.

I love Satyricon!

The Birthday Massacre. Chibi, the lead singer, has such a haunting voice, and is capable of switching between melodic verses to, as demonstrated in their Funland Mix of Last Spine Down's song Last Daze, deep, violent growls that make her sound possessed. Last time I heard such a vocal range was with Flyleaf, in their song I'm So Sick.

My favorite part, though, has to be their lyrics. Leaving Tonight is probably my favorite in this regard, just because of the descriptions of the protagonist of the song.

She's out of the light, she thought it'd be safer

She said I wanna go home

Eyes turn grey like her face in the paper

She's out of the light, she doesn't remember

She said I wanna go home

Face turns white like a sky in December

I get chills every time, man.

For examples, I'll post their Neo-Goth remix of their track Video Kid, and of course, Last Daze (Funland Mix).

Next on the list is an odd one. I Heart Sharks. The name alone is odd enough, until you consider the band is made up of German, British, and American band members. At present, they are signed to a record label in Berlin, and have only released two major albums between 2011 and 2014. 

I fell in love with these guys when I heard their songs Monogamy and Wolves (Wolves being their first single in 2010). Monogamy is an odd one, one I'm still trying to work out the overall meaning of, but its catchy beat and shiver-inducing chanting of make it stop in the bridge between the verses and chorus have me listening to it over and over.

Wolves...Let me put this simply. If you can resist dancing to this track when the chorus kicks in, you are made of stronger stuff than I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4fgNwSePNQ

The Birthday Massacre. Chibi, the lead singer, has such a haunting voice, and is capable of switching between melodic verses to, as demonstrated in their Funland Mix of Last Spine Down's song Last Daze, deep, violent growls that make her sound possessed. Last time I heard such a vocal range was with Flyleaf, in their song I'm So Sick.

My favorite part, though, has to be their lyrics. Leaving Tonight is probably my favorite in this regard, just because of the descriptions of the protagonist of the song.

She's out of the light, she thought it'd be safer

She said I wanna go home

Eyes turn grey like her face in the paper

She's out of the light, she doesn't remember

She said I wanna go home

Face turns white like a sky in December

I get chills every time, man.

Had to show my love and support for a fellow TBM listener. The lyrics and video to 'Blue' get me every time.