Bands you think you only listen to

I'm the opposite of underground, since I really only hear of very popular music (the only time I get new music is if a: related video on youtube, b: someone links it to me, c: someone I follow reblogs it on tumblr) And so this band is really not unknown at all. It's just... unknown to all the circles of people I tend to interact with. Most likely because it's a christian band, so the only people I know who know about it are from church. But it's really not bad at all for christian music, and it was one of the few things i could listen to back in the day when my parents were much more strict with out media consumption.

don't worry, I'm making sure to post songs that aren't too church-y. The band is Relient K

one of my favourite of their newer songs. It does make me a bit nervous about my own mortality though lmao

Collapsible Lung

[video=youtube]

one of my favourite of their older songs, probably one of their better known tracks as well.

Who I am Hates Who I've Been

[video=youtube]

I'm not as into this guy (Maybe guys who knows) as I used to be but this genre is probably as obscure as I can think of without going into like.. Death metal polka electronica. 

Still, it's pretty harsh and I'm still not sure why I like this, but hey...

N1i3jsDggHY

S8uoyj9Y7U8

Oh and this for good measure. Completely different genre/band. Longest song ever!

LWpwC1p-Ilw

I'll play along:

[video=youtube]

Oo, Yppah! My favourite from them is "Never Mess With Sunday".

As my my music... spoilering it so it's optionally large!

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

These are the only bands I can think of that may be lesser-known, as I've never met someone who's heard of any of them before :o

I'm sure there's many Italians who listen to Caparezza as I do, but hell, I'm on a server of NAs and I haven't met any Italian yet, so I think this fits the title.

Caparezza is an Italian rapper who writes songs mostly on a satirical level, but also of themes very serious and dramatic, or topics avoided in general (he even made a song about videogames!). Here's one of my favorite songs that he wrote, featuring Tony Hadley.

The title is Goodbye Malinconia, and it talks about the many people who, like me, dream of/decide to leave Italy to find a better life elsewhere.

A little less heavy than what I'm used to, but her voice is superb. Just wish I was seeing her in London on Tuesday!

PS9xLhn-1vw

Used to listen to this band when I was like 15, and recently rediscovered them!

ikWTq-tSUSA

More flavour text here!

i5GhFL0OWq8

Last, and certainly not least.

hAZd9fM0FgM

I've been listening to Eisley for going on 9 years now and I've always loved them.  They're probably my favorite band to do covers of when I'm jamming on my guitar.  My voice is similar in range to them so it's easy and fun for me.

This is from their newest album

A NEWER favorite of mine is Broods.  I don't hear a lot about them but I know they're popular.

And in a similar style, Purity Ring

And another NEW favorite of mine that no one else seems to know of (at least in my circle of friends.)  I absolutely ADORE every song in their EP "1.0"