Your character's real life job.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume Ziv'ir would be a Pharmacist or if he was lucky working in Research, something with Chemistry. Maybe a part time student still while working fulltime. 

Alaire would be doing something highly illegal and highly profitable.

Bastian would have been  Security Guard, maybe private security, prior to any injuries. After them if they occurred in a modern setting he'd jump from odd job to odd job until he figured something better out. 

Val hmm...a Mortician or maybe something in Forensics, specifically with blood. He would've gotten a pretty good education and likely has a few degrees all paid for thanks to his family who he hates.

Glioca could be a lot of things. I see her as an on-reserve special forces type, who happens to own a flower-shop when she's not killing people.

Dark would be a bouncer at a goth club, and spend her weekends as a professional dominatrix. 

Liviana would probably work in a nick-knack shop.

Aelden would be a 80's type musician.  Think in the vein of David Bowie.

Zehra would be a martial arts instructor, most likely Jujutsu.

Khadan is really hard to pin down.  I see him owning a hunting goods store, and participating in tournament hunts/fishing tournaments when he can.

Liliane would maybe be a private investigator type.

Kiur would be one of those scientists or researchers that corporations wouldn't attach too much paperwork on.

I've been catching up with House lately and I watched this one episode where a cancer researcher used babies to study its effects. Killed a few, saved thousands, and wrote a book about the whole thing. In House's universe, the doctor was very prestigious but his use of infants was found and the episode tested everyone's reactions.

Kiur would be -that- kind of scientist.

Depends where he would live in the real world.

Ideally, I'd see him as working at (or possibly running) a comic and hobby shop or a large bookstore of some kind.  With his interest in heroes, myths and folklore and the like, it seems feasible that he would find a job where he would have ready access to material pertaining to those subjects.  

However, if he lived in an area like mine where neither of those things are available (the closest is several hours drive away), I could see him in one of three jobs.  

- Farm supply or hardware store employee.  He grew up on a farm (not unlike my own childhood in a small farm town), so he would know what is what and would likely be able to decipher what a customer is talking about when they come in not knowing the proper name of what they are looking for.  

- Kitchen assistant in some restaurant (not fast food).  Before anyone says "Isn't that just a fancy way of saying dish washer?", it depends where you work.  When I had that job, it also meant I helped with food prep, and I can see that being something he would enjoy doing without the pressure of being one of the actual cooks.  

- Odd home jobs.  I know this is vague, but it is something I did with my uncle that was sometimes construction, sometimes repair, sometimes pressure washing, sometimes paving driveways and a bunch of other little things.  I figure since he grew up on a farm, he probably also had to help repair his own home and helped out with neighbors and the like, so he'd have the know-how to do all sorts of things that people need done but won't or can't do themselves.