Every XIV roleplayer really needs to know about Ethys Asher.

Okay, I need to fanboy for a moment. I've yet to see anyone dig as deep into the lore of XIV as this guy, and he's been a great resource for me personally, in a game which doesn't have a lot of great lore resources. He does history, etymology, theology, and even covers physics and science within Eorzea. His most popular videos seem to be his dungeon runs where he explains the lore of the dungeons as he goes through them. If you haven't, you should definitely check out a few videos. 

RG7TqsLK_jE

I'm hoping I can convince him to bring back 20 Malms to Ayatlan, which was his series where he made his own speculations about various things in XIV, mostly things about Heavensward.

Hey guys, I just found you by googling myself out of boredom and vanity at work, this seems like a really awesome community and I'm really flattered that some of you are enjoying my own stuff. PM or email me with questions or requests anytime and if any of you are on Tonberry, look me up. I'll go ahead and lurk around your forums now, nice to meet you all!

Ethys 

:tonberry:

Hey guys, I just found you by googling myself out of boredom and vanity at work, this seems like a really awesome community and I'm really flattered that some of you are enjoying my own stuff. PM or email me with questions or requests anytime and if any of you are on Tonberry, look me up. I'll go ahead and lurk around your forums now, nice to meet you all!

Ethys 

:tonberry:

Ooh, neat! I summoned Ethys!  

Any chance you could tell us about any upcoming videos you might have in the works?

Ooh, neat! I summoned Ethys!  

Any chance you could tell us about any upcoming videos you might have in the works?

Sure; I'm sure people have noticed that I've been quiet for the past couple of weeks and that's because I've been neck-deep in assessments (currently studying a masters of philosophy) but I should be back into my normal rhythm this week, I've been really missing it D: 

I'm currently writing a script for a summary and discussion of the entire Coil epic and that's about halfway done, I've also got an outline for Part 2 of the Metaphysical History series finished, some notes on an Umbral Zone (Haukke Manor) and Omnilex which will probably be the next Armoire installment. I'm also considering another 20 Malms episode as an excuse to talk about Nidhogg and a few other things and I have absolutely no idea what or when the next lore tour is going to be.

I'm really really looking forward to the Haukke Manor one. Though the Coil one sounds fabulous.

I would really like to see one on ancient civilizations like Allag or Nym or maybe some more information about the Twelve themselves. Just some stuff for your suggestion box.

Whatever you put out is amazing though :P

I adore your videos Ethys, but not ALL of the lore is entirely accurate. There's been people who've cited the lore errors on the videos so there is no need to nit-pick here. I just want people to realize that people are human, even Ethys, and it's always good to check the comments for corrections if necessary. ('Never treat any summary source as gospel' is an old staple of rule of mine and it tends to hold everywhere.)

Otherwise, this is an incredibly good source for easy-to-digest lore and I always browse through for any updates on my day off.

I adore your videos Ethys, but not ALL of the lore is entirely accurate. There's been people who've cited the lore errors on the videos so there is no need to nit-pick here. I just want people to realize that people are human, even Ethys, and it's always good to check the comments for corrections if necessary. ('Never treat any summary source as gospel' is an old staple of rule of mine and it tends to hold everywhere.)

Otherwise, this is an incredibly good source for easy-to-digest lore and I always browse through for any updates on my day off.

This is absolutely true. I have made a couple of little mistakes occasionally - everyone does - and they produce some good discussions which lead to some interesting conclusions, you should always check out the comments section. You're absolutely right that no single source should be taken as complete or perfect truth and that's why I make so many disclaimers about things I may overlook or miss. I'm not about preaching, I'm about keeping the ball rolling on a platform that doesn't seem to have anyone else rolling lore-balls with much gusto... and hopefully being an entertaining storyteller along the way :D

What you do is an amazing service to the FFXIV community, and a boon to us Roleplayers. 

Your work is constantly interesting and engaging and a thrill to watch, especially as you go deep into research on where the actual game lore references real life mythology, religion, and history.

Moreover, you're honest, if you find into a subject you're not entirely sure with, you say it. It's speculative as well as informative which is a great way to begin discussions on topics. Wish we'd have some threads where we brought our heads together on some of the ones you brought up.

(Like the Voidsent Hierarchy, for example.)