2.56 Maintenance April 20

Kage

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9fbd72c6de9d8a8115cf24785e0301a81b759a29

At the following time, in order to accompany Patch 2.56, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

*Please be advised that you will be unable to make reservations for Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding from the time maintenance ends until Apr. 24, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PDT).

[Date & Time]

Apr. 20, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Apr. 21, 2015 4:00 a.m. (PDT)

*The completion time may be subject to change.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the only announcement I'm waiting on right meow is the release date for the new benchmark.

I can't WAIT to see how my lolmachine does with the new DX11 client and how failboat gitgud I'll be compared to other folks.

So excite.

Definitely FCOB nerfs.

I dunno what nerfs Steps will take. It's so easy once the tanks get heals and everybody who isn't melee is near Vishap's front. Tanks can keep aggro easier and make sure the mobs get killed by cannons and then everyone can dps on the wall downtimes..

Hopefully poetics cap removal.

Question to 1.0 -> 2.0

Did you have philo tomes then? Philo AND Myth tomes?

Reason why I ask:

We know that 3.0 will have 2 tomes, 1 with no weekly limit and one with. But... i doubt we are getting a new tome since no new equips and weapons. It's just weird. >.>

Definitely FCOB nerfs.

I dunno what nerfs Steps will take. It's so easy once the tanks get heals and everybody who isn't melee is near Vishap's front. Tanks can keep aggro easier and make sure the mobs get killed by cannons and then everyone can dps on the wall downtimes..

Hopefully poetics cap removal.

Question to 1.0 -> 2.0

Did you have philo tomes then? Philo AND Myth tomes?

Reason why I ask:

We know that 3.0 will have 2 tomes, 1 with no weekly limit and one with. But... i doubt we are getting a new tome since no new equips and weapons. It's just weird. >.>

No tomes in 1.0. The game's "endgame" was vastly stripped down compared to what launched in 2.0.

They -have- to remove the poetics weekly cap. We're getting both tomes replaced in 3.0

Technically speaking they don't have to do anything, but I could see them setting tomes on "free play" so to speak so everyone can ostensibly gear everything prior to the new content. It would make sure that everyone starts 3.0 at 120~.

The sadness I have that Forbidden Land Eureka seems to have been scrapped.

Q25: Will the story for the Crystal Tower end in the next Crystal Tower update?

A25: First, the story for the Coil of Bahamut will end in patch 2.4. Next, the story for the Crystal Tower will come to an end in patch 2.5. We are also planning to make the Forbidden Land, Eureka, but because it might have a different feel compared to the Crystal Tower, we are thinking of possibly introducing it after waiting a while.

They've gotta have SOMETHING to occupy CT's spot in progression. Don't give up yet!

Hng. Slightly sad if there is an impending FCOB nerf. I was quietly hoping to beat all the turns before they did it. Ah well - at least maybe I'll get to see the whole story before 3.0.

Honestly I thought FCOB's fights in general were the most enjoyable of all the coil fights.

I think T9 is wonderful but I bet that t13 will get some nerfs.

3 orbs won't insta-nontanks for example. Maybe?

I thought SCOB would see a lot less nerfs than it did.. the nerfs to SCOB made the farms very very easy.

Maybe that is what I want in FCOB idk. I got burned out after doing t13 and not getting drops xD

Second coil fights didn't need new videos to teach the fights or non-video guides to be updated. Smooth runs still needed mechanics to be done. Things were just highly recoverable. Bad tanks or bad healers won't help but that's the thing with playing an MMORPG. You either find the groups you want to play with, PUG all the time, or shut up or put up.

You drop the shitty players, tell them to play their good roles etc. You network.

I DF'd T7 the next day after nerfs with 3 people who had no experience and we still cleared in the run.

I still do all the fights the same way I did them before nerfs unless told by people or you know your DPS is high that you just burn everything which is what you do in BCOB. They say what they're doing differently and it's easy to adjust.

I bet if they do t13 won't get a nerf beyond echo.

I certainly hope not. T13 is easy enough what with 2 mechanics happening at once, at the most. T9 didn't, not sure why T13 would. Please nerf T11 though Christ almighty I hate that fight.

I certainly hope not. T13 is easy enough what with 2 mechanics happening at once, at the most. T9 didn't, not sure why T13 would. Please nerf T11 though Christ almighty I hate that fight.

*tethers Edda to T11*

At this point I have no expectations on what will or will not get nerfs. I didn't think SCOB would get any nerfs and yet they did. >< And they nerfed SCOB pretty fucking hard. Do all mechanics? Good, smooth. Don't do mechanics? Ehhhhhh HEAL. Ok... ok... ok good.

*tethers Edda to T11*

At this point I have no expectations on what will or will not get nerfs. I didn't think SCOB would get any nerfs and yet they did. >< And they nerfed SCOB pretty fucking hard. Do all mechanics? Good, smooth. Don't do mechanics? Ehhhhhh HEAL. Ok... ok... ok good.

I expect they will follow the trend of T6-8 and nerf the first three turns really bad. Honestly I haven't done T6-8 in a long time, certainly not since the 20% echo buff, but they were pretty damn easy. You could even DF T6 and 7, even though T5 is still quite a gamble through DF. But seriously how are they going to nerf T10 other than make Imdugud hit... not as hard? The fight is already a joke. T11, pls go. T12 will probably just see damage nerfs and less one-hit-kill mechanics (too many stacks in fountain/curse mark thingy), just like T8 did. I really liked SCoB pre-nerf, especially T8, so I'm hoping FCoB doesn't get nerfed (it will) to hell and back this time. Echo makes things easy enough.

We already knew it was going to be DF but the question is what kind of nerfs. I just look at SCOB and cry >.>;

I wouldn't bet on them but I'd say these nerfs are likely.

T10

- Vulnerability shorter.

- Deaths to mechanics won't buff Imdugud.

- Less people targeted for heat lightning??

- OR NOT AT ALL?

- Something something prey?

- WHAT GOES HERE???

T11

- Tethers debuff wont hurt as bad?

- Missiles stack?

- Resonance hits less??

- WHAT GOES HERE I LIKE THIS

T12

- what goes here, i really like this fight D:

- Redfire???

- uhhhwhatgoeshere

- deaths to mechanics blahblahblah

T13

- I don't think it'll get nerfed but if it does

- HP% dmg isn't as high on the Sins????

- orbs stacks don't hurt as much???

- uhhhwhatgoeshere???

Easy enough as a tank or DPS but as a healer it is hands down the hardest fight in the game.

T11 is totes easy, why do you hate it?

Easy enough as a tank or DPS but as a healer it is hands down the hardest fight in the game.

T11 is totes easy, why do you hate it?

Uhhhhhhh no lol. T13 is a joke to heal. Literally every scrap of damage in that fight is 100% predictable unless someone really drops the ball. Honestly if my SCH buddy isn't dpsing half of the time during T13 I get a little mad, especially during divebombs phase.

Turn 11 is ass because tethers are lame, I hate the stupid egg-fuck adds and the trash is the worst in the game.

I haven't been getting nearly enough successful T13 farms as i'd wished so I wish I could say something better.

(The sad part is when i get grouped up with people whose DPS is lesser than what I'm used to and you're like "omfg that pos is still alive with Teraflare. FUCK WALL))

Maybe Edda is just too fucking beast >.>

Or we're all playing with bads.

T11 -

Kage you can only go that way. Kage dies because Kage did too much damage to adds (this also applies to the trash). "Guys need more DPS on other add / good job not looking at HP%"

Guys why you no keep walking.

Need to move adds.

we dead ; ;