2.56 Maintenance April 20

Kage

To be honest I'm tickled fuzzy by the fact that there is only ONE NERF to FCOB.

The Shadow of Meracydia will no longer appear when Bahamut casts Gigaflare a second time in the Final Coil of Bahamut – Turn 4.

FUCK PUSHING DPS GO GO GO

For those unable to do divebombs and kill a shadow.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised why has to even be answered.

Heavensward is two months away, sure Final Coil is unlocked, but the drops are random and well... most people can't even clear the fights anyway, so it might as well not exist for them. If they unlocked poetics most players would finish getting their one or two mains to i130 then get bored and quit. They want that extra month of subs.

They are here to make money after all.

So quit? I've been best in slot for a while on the only job I care to gear up, the only reason I haven't cancelled until then is because I'm making money for Heavensward.

MMO interest is cyclical, it's fine to leave and return. Though in this case it really comes off as you being butthurt and wanting everyone here to know you're quitting due to poetics cap not being removed right now rather than your interest actually having diminished.

Don't think anyone cares either way.

I'm only saying it because it's a differing opinion to the "if poetics was uncapped people would quit until Heavensward." I'm not allowed to say that when people bring it up?

Waaah waaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No one actually -cares- that hard about poetics being unlocked, not even the people who were hoping it was. The game keeps people in for different reasons.

Edit: Fact is, for me: I can be completely lackadaisical about how I run the content with the poetics capped. For others, like you, you can give no fucks. That's fine. So why do you care commenting on it when it doesn't affect you?

There's also a fair portion of people, not just the old "log in once a week to raid" people, who I know would also quit just because they finished farming FCOB in <2 weeks.

It's just still a number of people who stop playing the game for X reasons. You are right, most likely -more people- would quit because of poetics unlocked. Or those people may not even care, considering there are many who don't care to cap poetics even now.

I know some people who stopped playing in 2.1 or 2.2 and only just now started playing or were thinking of waiting until the expansion until they found out you need to finish through 2.55 to get the most out of 3.0

There's also a fair portion of people, not just the old "log in once a week to raid" people, who I know would also quit just because they finished farming FCOB in <2 weeks.

Like half my static. =/

Of course, after I helped them get several of their scrub friends a clear, but as soon as I mention getting my own competent friends who don't have a good group a clear they're quitting till Heavensward.

Totallynotangryaboutthat.

I'm sorry /pat

(Truly, most of my friends spend less time because they've burnt out a bit farming coil and not even breeding racing chocobos can make them feel better.)

Actually, I do have a question since FCOB is now DF.

.... what happens to the T11 trash and adds?

I've -always- come in on caster... and I have always had good group composition when I run.

.... what happens if you have all melee or all caster? iirc the other path/node/orb is magic resistant or so. How long are those parts now xD

@_@

For what it's worth, while I'd hoped that poetics would be uncapped because I find it difficult to grind any type of content until my eyes bleed, I'm not really that upset that it didn't uncap.  It would have been nice to max out the remaining gear I had that was i100 or less, but it isn't so large a thing that I'd quit over it.  

I also don't think that people would quit just because poetics were uncapped.  If they were going to do that, they'd do it regardless of was capped or uncapped, especially as, since Warren said, there has been such a length of time to grind them.  It's a very common theme for people to drop a game pre-expansion, then pop back into the game at release, grind out the content as fast as possible, and then quit again.  It's a revolving door type of mentality.  

Mind you, a lot of RPers don't seem to share that same mentality, but I realize a lot of it is about people wanting to keep subs.  That said, even if people stop playing, they often continue with their subscription, especially since it gains them veteran rewards.

As far as FCoB, that doesn't even apply to me, as I've not even completed Binding Coil.

Interestingly enough, some census info taken from the Lodestones population came up.

Not sure how completely accurate (AKA T13 clears by use of the minion? Not Achievement?)

Critera same as the last time, must be above level 21. Any changes to HP/mount/minion/gear counts character as active.

Summary

Out of a total 1.7m characters on the lodestone, 733,267 have met the above criterion. Of those, 255,626 are new.

The JP servers have best player retention rates, EU servers have the worst.

NA servers have the largest amount of new characters, EU servers have the worst.

There's a pattern in there.

Veteran Rewards

Roughly 150k people have the 540 day rewards. A saddeningly smaller number than during the previous survey's 260k of 360 day rewards, though it could just be a calendar thing.

Mounts and stuff

This one is interesting. 200k people have the Hildy minon. At least 36k people have cleared Fcob. 801k have cleared 2.0 but only 301k have cleared the 2.5 quest. 3500 people have the ADS mount, 4200 people have the Kirin mount. 53k people have paid for the bonus marriage sets based on number of people with the grand chocobo.

Clicking on any minion/mount when viewing the inidividual world statistics will bring up the global numbers for it.

Checking the Louix minion, Fcob clears are up to 10% for most JP servers while still negligible everywhere else.

*It's negligible because NA/EU has less than 2% of the "active" population who have cleared T13.

Only 301k have finished 2.5 (2.55?).

Yeah check this out based on -the minion- so... maybe people dunno they should get the minion from Apkallu Falls?

Fcob ranking for NA based on number of cleared T13 players:

1: Gilgamesh : 848

2: Excalibur : 757

3: Hyperion : 585

4: Balmung : 515

5: Behemoth : 490

6: Sargatanas : 473

7: Leviathan : 432

8: Ultros : 342

9: Cactuar : 322

10: Adamantoise : 299

11: Midgardsormr : 233

12: Exodus : 210

13: Diabolos : 197

14: Lamia : 149

15: Famfrit : 145

16: Malboro : 125

17: Goblin : 102

18: Brynhildr : 101

19: Faerie: 99

20: Coeurl: 94

21: Siren: 79

22: Mateus: 47

23: Jenova: 37

24: Zalera : 32

EU ranking:

1: Ragnarok : 560

2: Odin : 444

3: Moogle : 369

4: Shiva : 320

5: Cerberus : 270

6: Phoenix : 250

7: Lich : 56

8: Zodiark : 13

JP ranking:

1: Chocobo: 2452

2: Carbuncle : 1644

3: Bahamut : 1598

4: Garuda: 1332

5: Mandragora: 1317

6: Tonberry: 1179

7: Tiamat: 1114

8: Ifrit: 1039

9: Gungnir: 991

10: Fenrir: 964

11: Aegis: 937

12: Alexander: 936

13: Ramuh: 877

14: Masamune: 871

15: Atomos: 868

16: Duranda: 814

17: Titan: 810

18: Ixion: 733

19: Anima: 710

20: Unicorn: 697

21: Ridill: 653

22: Ultima: 646

23: Hades: 602

24: Typhoon: 552

25: Valefor: 550

Japan's last* ranked world beats Balmung.

Surprisingly, (or not), Balmung is 4th in NA servers.

And poor Zodiac with 1 static+ a few other people\

* = Last of those currently ranked

Well, I personally unsubbed for now just because there's SO MANY GAMES out that I want to play right now and I haven't been regularly logging in for the better part of the past month anyway, so tomestones have absolutely nothing to do with that.

I don't know why I'm mentioning this here, other than it being related to all this talk of going on hiatus for one reason or another.

The number of people who have cleared T13 outside of JP is that small? Shameful.

I don't think it's due to a lack of experience or willingness for people to try but rather a lack of opportunities. This is especially true for EU players - finding organised groups for the high end content is ridiculously difficult and then when people do get through it themselves they're often not willing to do it again for somebody else's sake.

The number of people who have cleared T13 outside of JP is that small? Shameful.

/moderator

As an aside, calling it shameful might be a bit harsh. It's alright to be displeased with one's own group and their progression, but it isn't necessarily fair to label a server's population as "shameful" because they might not be into progression. ^^

/moderator

It's honestly more of a cultural thing, if I had to guess. Japanese players seem to have a greater tendency for "hardcore" playstyles, and the "casual" playstyle is more of a western approach. Granted, both sides have both, but casual players do appear to be more prominent in the west. It isn't shameful in the least, it's just different tastes for different cultures.

I am genuinely curious as to the raw numbers for savage coil across all servers, seeing as they pulled up these numbers. I know as far as Balmung is concerned, it seemed like our static managed the server first on T7 sav a few months back, and we've only just started seeing other mauler titles pop up in the past few weeks. T6 and T9 titles are bit more prominent, but those turns are fairly simple in comparison to 8 and 7.