[Periodic] Crimes Against Nature Sign-Ups

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, sign me up ;D Might be nice to have something lighter-hearted.

And if things go pear-shaped and the crabs mutate-agglomerate into a Giant Enemy Crab... well, that's fine too!

Also, Nihka says she'll go if there's room, though she'll be slightly late cuz that's when she finishes work typically.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to hold a call to arms within five days.  As fun as this event can be, it needs to come to a close.  When are all of you available?  I have sent a letter linked here http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12699&pid=238171#pid238171  .  If you're not on the list of those sent, then I encourage those who would be contacted to spread the word, as I do not know everyone who is involved IC.

Please put up a date when you are available, and I will try to host it so as many people as possible can be involved.  I am not available on Tuesday/Thursday until 8pm PST, but the rest of the days I will make the time.

Enju,

My character has no idea who you are. :( Even a letter isn't going to explain that.

Edit: To clarify, I think some RP needs to be done in order for this organization party to make any sense. Shit's happened, and a lot of people aren't talking to each other. Others are sitting on information and haven't acted on it for weeks. There's information, plot cues, etc, there, but if you don't act on the information, the plot goes nowhere. People have, thus far, been mostly reactive.

Enju,

My character has no idea who you are.  :(  Even a letter isn't going to explain that.

He knows you're involved, though whether you remember him or not isn't his concern IC, so it is simply what it is.  Regardless of him being known to you or not, he will have sent the letter regardless. Either way, this is why I encourage others to let those familiar with Enju of the letter to those who do not recognize or remember him, in case of this event.

He knows you're involved, though whether you remember him or not isn't his concern IC, so it is simply what it is.  Regardless of him being known to you or not, he will have sent the letter regardless. Either way, this is why I encourage others to let those familiar with Enju of the letter to those who do not recognize or remember him, in case of this event.

Okay but what I'm saying is, you're sending these letters...first, 5 days is not a lot of time. I work all this coming week. The only night I could possibly do this is probably Wednesday or Thursday night, since I open Wednesday and Saturday mornings. But beyond that, I have a job. More to the point, we are just coming off of the holidays. That's why the plot has slowed to a crawl. We had people out of town, unable to be online much due to work/holidays (that was my issue - I was working 6 day weeks with some 11 hour shifts), and, well, it was the holidays in general.

I guess what I'm saying is, my character is getting a letter out of the blue from someone she doesn't even know. I'd like to attend. This letter gives me no reason to do so. She doesn't know who your character is, and there has been no RP to encourage her to attend. That may possibly change (depending on when I am able to RP, which won't be tonight as I work tomorrow and Monday, but probably before Wednesday), but I'm just one of those weird people who really needs an RP reason to see this as anything other than a threat IC. Because she has no idea who this Enju person is, has not worked with him, and recently had people she thought were comrades threatening her safety.

Jana's a paranoid nut IC so a letter from a stranger will just add to that (if anything, she'll try to figure who Enju is to attack him). In addition, I'm starting at a new job this week so I'd rather not commit to anything until I know for sure how my schedules are gonna look for a while.

He knows you're involved, though whether you remember him or not isn't his concern IC, so it is simply what it is.  Regardless of him being known to you or not, he will have sent the letter regardless.  Either way, this is why I encourage others to let those familiar with Enju of the letter to those who do not recognize or remember him, in case of this event.

Okay but what I'm saying is, you're sending these letters...first, 5 days is not a lot of time. I work all this coming week.  The only night I could possibly do this is probably Wednesday or Thursday night, since I open Wednesday and Saturday mornings.  But beyond that, I have a job. More to the point, we are just coming off of the holidays.  That's why the plot has slowed to a crawl.  We had people out of town, unable to be online much due to work/holidays (that was my issue - I was working 6 day weeks with some 11 hour shifts), and, well, it was the holidays in general.

I guess what I'm saying is, my character is getting a letter out of the blue from someone she doesn't even know.  I'd like to attend. This letter gives me no reason to do so.  She doesn't know who your character is, and there has been no RP to encourage her to attend.  That may possibly change (depending on when I am able to RP, which won't be tonight as I work tomorrow and Monday, but probably before Wednesday), but I'm just one of those weird people who really needs an RP reason to see this as anything other than a threat IC.  Because she has no idea who this Enju person is, has not worked with him, and recently had people she thought were comrades threatening her safety.

Then we can figure something out.  As I stated in the first post, I asked for days of availability.  I'm not concrete on having it within this week, though I'd like it to be there if possible.

I sincerely apologize if you consider a letter of diplomacy a threat IC, but there is nothing I can do about that.  There's absolutely nothing that can be done on my end to change that.  The letter is already sent out.

I sincerely apologize if you consider a letter of diplomacy a threat IC, but there is nothing I can do about that.  There's absolutely nothing that can be done on my end to make that possible, or change that.  The letter is already sent out.

I wasn't asking for an apology. I never said you were responsible for my character's reaction (because you're not - RP is). I'm just trying to explain why this is coming completely out of left field for me. Just seems like there's been 0 RP, with my character at least, to lead up to this. So I'm kind of at a loss. But hopefully Leanne will fix that on Monday. :P

Wednesday nights after 7 PST and weekends would be the times that work for me.

I should be able to do something this coming weekend because I open Saturday and don't work Sunday (crossing my fingers that nothing changes between now and then), but most weekends I can't do anything since those are prime work days for my job.

Considering the Grindstone is happening on the day I am thinking of, I'm thinking this Saturday at 2pm PST.  How does this work for those who wish to go?

I absolutely cannot make 2pm PST. I work until 4pm PST, and will need at least a half hour after that.

PROBABLY should have had my name as the signature of that letter, since it was sent by my order xD Hahaha. What is done is done.

I am good for any day, although Liadan showing up is definitely a must. If she does not, ugggghhhh.

I am good any day she is, more likely than not.

I'm conveniently off this Saturday. Otherwise, well, Sunday is super tricky because I already have one RL thing and one in-game thing (which I believe Leanne is certainly going to) competing for attention. I say super tricky, but it's closer to impossible.

As to other week nights, Friday night would be good, since no work Saturday (this week). The rest.. not so good. I'd have to cut out early.