White Mage Lore

Are you an Elemental?

To say such things as 100% truth. How do you know their motivations?

The lore?

The lore given to us through word of mouth that stems from the Elementals?

Edit: What I'm positing is not "THIS MUST BE FALSE!!!! THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENED" but to have a fun discussion with the possibilities that we have been given and explore past what we have decided to "accept" as lore.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you an Elemental?

The lore?

Edit: What I'm positing is not "THIS MUST BE FALSE!!!! THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENED" but to have a fun discussion with the possibilities that we have been given and explore past what we have decided to "accept" as lore.

Of course it's all just a conspiracy on the part of our sentient wind chime overlords.  :)

Are you an Elemental?

The lore?

Umm... who better to tell us the motivation of the elementals than an elemental? More specifically Oha-Sok who is the elemental's desires made manifest. In a sense, she is the elemental's primal.

Oha-Sok is the collective fury of the elementals given form. Their suffering summoned her forth' date=' and in her turn she stokes the fire of their rage with her keening.[/quote']

I'm working my third straight 14hr shift right now. Gimme a few hours to get home and I'll work on putting up all WHM/elemental lore ever in here for you guys to fight over.

ADDED: 1.0 WHM questline has been added in its entirety. I've separated the different parts of each quest with individual Quote boxes. So first quote box = Part I, second quote box = Part II, etc. There might be spelling errors. There's a lot of hyphenated padjali words going around.

1.0 WHM Quest Text

Soileine: Well met, . No doubt you have already sensed the disturbance, but the Twelveswood has been ill at ease of late. Our investigations have revealed that thieves have been making off with items left at Lifemend Stump.

Soileine: Stillglade Fane was about to dispatch the Gods' Quiver to track down the villains... when word arrived than an individual had already taken matters into her own hands.

Soileine: The individual in question was no less a personage than Seedseer Raya-O-Senna, younger sister to the Elder Seedseer. Desiring to put matters to rights, it would seem she ventured into the depths of the forest a little over a day past. She has not been heard from since.

Soileine: Fortunately, an elemental sensed our growing concern and confided details of her current location. We are given to understand that the Seedseer can be found within a cave situated beneath a lake west of Camp Emerald Moss.

Soileine: Raya-O is a skilled practitioner of white magic, an ancient art wielded only by a chosen few, and she is more than capable of protecting herself. Nevertheless, the Seedseers' safety is of paramount importance, and we cannot leave anything to chance. On which note, I would entrust to you the task of ascertaining Raya-O's present state, .

((Refuse the quest)

Soileine: As the elementals' chosen representatives, the three Seedseer siblings represent the pillars of order upon which Gridanian society rests. The loss of but one would destabilize our nation, rendering it vulnerable to the forces of chaos. Understand what your refusal could entail, .

((Accept the quest))

Soileine: As the elementals' chosen representatives, the three Seedseer siblings represent the pillars of order upon which Gridanian society rests. The loss of but one would destabilize our nation, rendering it vulnerable to the forces of chaos. With that in mind, make haste to the cave and find Raya-O, , that we might all put our fears to rest.

Soileine: Well met, . No doubt you have already sensed the disturbance, but the Twelveswood has been ill at ease of late. Our investigations have revealed that thieves have been making off with items left at Lifemend Stump.

Soileine: Stillglade Fane was about to dispatch the Gods' Quiver to track down the villains... when word arrived than an individual had already taken matters into her own hands.

Soileine: The individual in question was no less a personage than Seedseer Raya-O-Senna, younger sister to the Elder Seedseer. Desiring to put matters to rights, it would seem she ventured into the depths of the forest a little over a day past. She has not been heard from since.

Soileine: Fortunately, an elemental sensed our growing concern and confided details of her current location. We are given to understand that the Seedseer can be found within a cave situated beneath a lake west of Camp Emerald Moss.

Soileine: Raya-O is a skilled practitioner of white magic, an ancient art wielded only by a chosen few, and she is more than capable of protecting herself. Nevertheless, the Seedseers' safety is of paramount importance, and we cannot leave anything to chance. On which note, I would entrust to you the task of ascertaining Raya-O's present state, .

((Refuse the quest)

Soileine: As the elementals' chosen representatives, the three Seedseer siblings represent the pillars of order upon which Gridanian society rests. The loss of but one would destabilize our nation, rendering it vulnerable to the forces of chaos. Understand what your refusal could entail, .

((Accept the quest))

Soileine: As the elementals' chosen representatives, the three Seedseer siblings represent the pillars of order upon which Gridanian society rests. The loss of but one would destabilize our nation, rendering it vulnerable to the forces of chaos. With that in mind, make haste to the cave and find Raya-O, , that we might all put our fears to rest.

((Optionally one may talk to Raya-O and her moogle attendants after the last conversation))

Pukni Pakk: It's not easy attending Raya-O. Staying one flap ahead of her takes all of our energy, kupo.

Kupcha Kupa: We moogles will try and keep Raya-O from doing anything rash, but we're only forestalling the inevitable. Do make all haste, kupo.

Raya-O-Senna: Being the place where the pact between man and moogle was forged, Lifemend Stump is considered sacred. To profane its grounds with so base an act as theft is a sin most grievous.

Raya-O-Senna: In the name of the elementals, I hereby grant you permission to put down the diremite straggler and her miteling brood, that Nirvana might be reclaimed.

((Before reporting back to Ray-O one may talk to the moogles for optional dialogue))

Pukni Pakk: Kupopo... I dread to think what the chieftain would do to us if any ill were to befall RayaO...

Kupcha Kupa: We thought you'd never return, kupo! Quickly now, report to RayaO before she does something we'll live to regret!

((Proceeding with the quest))

Raya-O-Senna: ! You were so long in returning, I had begun to count the moments until my escape from this cave─and my endearing custodians.

Raya-O-Senna: Ah, you've retrieved Nirvana! The Twelve be praised! Here, allow me to─

An elemental appears and attacks

Raya-O-Senna: Be at peace!

Raya-O-Senna casts a spell to defeat the elemental

Raya-O-Senna: Are you harmed, ? The elemental manifested with nary a warning. We must count our blessings that it did not choose to do so before I was on hand to pacify it.

Raya-O-Senna: ...Why do you stare? Ah! You are intrigued by the skill I employed, are you not? Very well. In light of your leal service, I will sate your curiosity. What you bore witness to was the white magic of which I had earlier spoken.

Raya-O-Senna: White magic and conjury are close relations, the two governed by the same laws. The former, however, places the utmost importance upon healing and protection, and demands of practitioners the greatest intimacy with the elementals.

Raya-O-Senna: On account of this, its use is forbidden to all but those few who are deemed worthy. It is the sacred charge of we Padjal to ensure that the art survives, and in righteous hands.

Raya-O-Senna: Hm? Could it be that you, too, can hear this elemental? Hush now─it speaks...

Raya-O-Senna: , allow me to introduce you to Oha-Sok, the elemental who was entrapped within Nirvana.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok had been forced into the staff against her will, you see. When you brought her here, to a place of comparative safety, she sensed a chance to escape, and struck out with all her fury at the nearest soul─that is, you. For this she begs your pardon.

Raya-O-Senna: Truth be told, this is not the first such incident. In recent days, we have heard many accounts of fear-maddened elementals displaying uncharacteristic aggression towards ordinary people. Some resort to simple acts of violence, while others wreak havoc by manipulating the wills of men and beasts.

Raya-O-Senna: Now, these misbehaving elementals would have long been pacified, but for the fact that most incidents transpire outside the Twelveswood. I am duty-bound to the forest, you see, and cannot attend to the matter, while Stillglade Fane has not the manpower to spare at present for an undertaking beyond our borders.

Raya-O-Senna: But you, ─you may do what we Gridanians cannot. So I bid you journey forth to quell the keening of the elementals throughout Eorzea. And, as you act in my name, I hereby permit you the use of white magic.

Raya-O-Senna: Take here this linkpearl and the Soul of the White Mage. The latter is an ancient crystal imbued with the light of succor─by its power, the forbidden art will be yours to wield, albeit within the bounds of your skill as a conjurer.

Raya-O-Senna: To walk the path of the white mage is to devote oneself to the salving of hurts and the lifting of misery─ours is the hand that proffers comfort. Should it ever come to light that you have used your powers contrary to this, be forewarned that you will promptly be dispossessed of the crystal and duly punished.

Raya-O-Senna: That said, I am confident that you will do right by me...and all who call the Twelveswood home.

Raya-O-Senna: Make ready as best you can, , and then present yourself before me once more. I will have a task for you upon your return.

((Before even accepting the quest, you may talk to the moogles about this quest for additional dialogue))

Kupcha Kupa: “Pacify”? RayaO fairly trounced that poor elemental! Methinks the lass would benefit from a dose of delicacy, kupo...

Pukni Pakk: Thank you for your help, adventurer. Only the gods know what might've happened had you not come along when you did. I hope we can keep relying on you, kupo.

((Accepting the quest))

Raya-O-Senna: Ah, . I am gladdened to see you return. If you will pardon my directness, it is plain that you are strong enough to continue on the path of the white mage.

Raya-O-Senna: I had been engaged in conversation with Oha-Sok, the elemental you delivered from imprisonment.

Raya-O-Senna: We were discussing the state of the world─a rather somber subject matter, I know.

Raya-O-Senna: Faced with imminent annihilation, the nations of Eorzea are hastening to shore up their military might.

Raya-O-Senna: Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, Gridania... We all seek to furnish ourselves with sharper steel and stouter armor, that we might survive to gaze upon another dawn.

Oha-Sok: That is a mistake.

Oha-Sok: Conflict is not the way. It shall leave naught in its wake but death and misery.

Raya-O-Senna: I know this full well. I would sooner avoid war if it could be helped, but we must try to see things from Kan-E's perspective.

Raya-O-Senna: My sister has chosen to return to Gridania. She intends to use her powers to fight in defense of her people. Can it be said that she does not do right by us?

Oha-Sok: In that sentiment, thou art mistaken.

Oha-Sok: Hast thou forgotten the pact of Gelmorra? The powers granted to the Padjal must not be used in conflict.

Raya-O-Senna: With you reminding me at every turn, I couldn't forget the pact even if I so desired!

Raya-O-Senna: But what are we to do? Hostile forces advance upon us even as we speak, seeking to harm the people of Gridania.

Raya-O-Senna: Would you rather that we ran for our lives and abandoned our forest home?

Oha-Sok: We elementals do unto others as we would have others do unto us.

Oha-Sok: Till such time as man learneth to do the selfsame, he is fated to repeat the mistake of eras past.

Raya-O-Senna: Mistake? What mistake?

Oha-Sok: Ever are we elementals by man's side, bearing witness to his every deed.

Oha-Sok: So too do I watch thee, .

Raya-O-Senna: H-Hey! This discussion is not over!

Raya-O-Senna: ...But then again, what else is there to say but “I know”?

Raya-O-Senna: I am sorry you had to witness that exchange. That was the way of it the entire while you were afield.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok is clearly ill at ease, and whatever has engendered her disquiet is also affecting her kindred. I cannot help but wonder if this is somehow connected to the misbehaving elementals.

Raya-O-Senna: I find myself more determined than ever to get to the bottom of this. And I shall, with your help.

Raya-O-Senna: I have received intelligence from the Order of the Twin Adder concerning possible rogue elemental activity.

Raya-O-Senna: A lone sheep has reportedly grown unnaturally savage southwest of Camp Glory. I sense the shadow of an elemental behind this sudden change.

Raya-O-Senna: The sheep in question is known to the locals as Downy Dunstan. I would have you seek out the creature and subdue it using white magic.

Raya-O-Senna: Once you have accomplished the task, pray return hither and report to me all that transpired.

Raya-O-Senna: By her parting words, I suspect that Oha-Sok intends to keep an eye on you. But as to what end, I cannot say. Go now, , and see to Downy Dunstan. I shall await your return.

((After accepting, you may talk to Raya-O and the moogles for more info))

Pukni Pakk: Moogles are very sensitive to the emotions of elementals, kupo. We don't just know what they're feeling─we actually feel it. So if we meet an elemental which happens to have inhabited a moody aldgoat, it's all we can do not to bleat!

Kupcha Kupa: RayaO is behaving rather responsibly, isn't she? I-I'm not complaining or anything! I just hope it isn't the calm before the storm, kupo!

Raya-O-Senna: I would have you seek out the sheep known as Downy Dunstan and subdue it using white magic. Pray return hither once the task is accomplished.

(You may talk to the moogles before finishing the quest)

Kupcha Kupa: This is just between you and me, but Raya-O is─- Erhm, actually...never mind, kupo.

Pukni Pakk: Welcome back, kupo! Raya-O has been most anxious for your safe return!

(Continuing on with the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: Ah, finally! What in the Matron's name kept you, ? I have a mind to instill in you the virtues of punctuality, but I'm afraid that must wait. We have graver issues to address.

Raya-O-Senna: As per my request, you went and subdued Downy Dunstan. Alas, I regret to say that it failed to produce the anticipated result. I can discern no change in the humours of the elementals─their collective sense of disquiet remains as it was before. Could we have been mistaken?

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok, is there aught you can tell us?

Oha-Sok: I cannot speak for my kindred.

Oha-Sok: I only know that this child of man met anger with force.

Raya-O-Senna: She does make this needlessly difficult. But whatever Oha-Sok may say, you have performed your duty admirably, and for that my gratitude is yours.

Raya-O-Senna: Attend me, . By the power vested in me, I hereby permit you the use of new white magic. Consider this a token of my faith in you.

Raya-O-Senna: I shall have need of your assistance again before long. Till then, I ask that you devote yourself to the mastery of white magic. When next we meet, I expect you to have made considerable headway.

((Before even accepting the quest, you may talk to the moogles about this quest for additional dialogue))

Pukni Pakk: Raya-O has been in a huff waiting for you to return. You should know better than to make her worry, kupo.

Kupcha Kupa: A Padjal's training regime is highly rigorous, kupo. Raya-O is constantly practicing with that heavy staff of hers.

((Accepting the quest))

Raya-O-Senna: To those with the ears to hear and the heart to listen, the Twelveswood resounds with the voices of the elementals.

Raya-O-Senna: They can be heard throughout creation, in the sound of a falling raindrop, and the silence of a mossy stone. In the call of the tiniest insect, and the creak of the grandest oak. Of late, however, their blissful harmony has given way to a cacophony of voices raised in anger.

Raya-O-Senna: Left unchecked, that anger will be as a festering wound upon the Twelveswood. It will prolong winter and delay the coming of spring. It will call forth an early summer and lay to waste the bounty of autumn. So it will continue until the natural order gives way wholly to chaos, sowing the seeds of madness in the hearts of men and beasts...

Raya-O-Senna: The elementals indulge we Gridanians in many and more ways, , but I cannot see their fury abating of its own accord. We must proffer a helping hand.

Raya-O-Senna: The elementals have done well by us─-our turn is now come to do well by them.

Raya-O-Senna: ...But how? How can we best save those hapless souls who have become the object of the elementals' wrath? It pains me to admit it, but the answer eludes me even now. Yet we must forge ever onward, and pray that all will be made clear in time.

Raya-O-Senna: But I shall waste no more time on exposition. I have received word from my brother, A-Ruhn.

Raya-O-Senna: He tells me that a creature found east of Camp Horizon in western Thanalan has inexplicably grown savage of late.

Raya-O-Senna: Cactuar Jack is its name, and you will already have deduced the reason for its sudden shift in temperament. As before, you must subdue the creature using what white magic you have at your command.

(Refusing the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: Is that so...? I thought you a friend of nature. Mayhap I was mistaken.

(Accepting the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: Though Oha-Sok has not graced us with her presence of late, I daresay she is privy to all our conversations. If you can hear me, Oha-Sok, it would lighten my heart if you were to watch over in my stead.

(After accepting the quest, you may talk to Raya-O and the moogles for some more info)

Raya-O-Senna: Take yourself to Camp Horizon in western Thanalan, thence strike east and seek out Cactuar Jack. The creature is believed to be under the influence of a rogue elemental, and you must subdue it using white magic. Once you have accomplished this task, pray return hither without delay.

Pukni Pakk: When the elementals are on edge, they close off certain parts of the Twelveswood...like the sun-dappled clearing with my favorite flower bed. Just where am I supposed to take my afternoon naps now, kupo!?

Kupcha Kupa: People are peculiar creatures, kupo. Why is it that they can never say what's in their hearts?

(Before reporting back, you can talk to the moogles)

Pukni Pakk: You smell of sand, sand, and...more sand. Aren't there any flower beds outside the Twelveswood, kupo?

Kupcha Kupa: We moogles love the elementals, kupo! On our list of favorite things, they rank as highly as singing and dancing and eating and napping!

(Continuing with the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: So no elementals appeared... Not the outcome I had hoped for, to be sure, yet I'm disinclined to think that A-Ruhn was in err-─my brother's senses are seldom mistaken.

Raya-O-Senna: It is too early to say with certainty, but I daresay the elementals refrain from manifesting themselves. We must continue our investigation.

Raya-O-Senna: . Once again, you have served me well.

Raya-O-Senna: By the power vested in me, I hereby permit you the use of new white magic.

Raya-O-Senna: I shall redouble my efforts to commune with the elementals. There must be one out there who possesses knowledge that will be of aid to us.

Raya-O-Senna: In the meantime, I counsel you to spare no effort in preparing yourself for the next task. Go now, , and return hither once you have progressed further along the path of the white mage.

Pukni Pakk: Oh, joy! The elementals have seen fit to let me visit my favorite flower bed again, kupo! Just the thought of spending another idyllic afternoon among the petals is enough to make me shiver and shake! When things settle, I shall go there and nap till I give myself bellyaches─-see if I don't, kupo!

Kupcha Kupa: Raya-O told me that people tend to say the opposite of what they mean, kupo. So when they say “no,” it actually means “yes.” Is that truly the way of it?

((Accepting the quest))

Raya-O-Senna: , it does my spirit well to see you again. I was in the midst of contemplating Oha-Sok's words. But tell me, are you versed in the histories?

Raya-O-Senna: I take from your silence that you are not. No matter, it shall be my pleasure to educate you. The Fifth Astral Era is said to have begun approximately three millennia ago.

Raya-O-Senna: The ice age that ushered in the Fifth Umbral Era made the land a barren and merciless place, and man was pushed to the limits of his resourcefulness in the struggle to survive. Yet survive he did, through the discovery of magic as we know it─an event which marked the dawning of the Fifth Astral Era.

Raya-O-Senna: At first, man was well pleased just to have the means to keep the cold at bay and compete with the other races. But man is nothing if not an ambitious beast. It was not long before he began to seek mightier magicks, hoping to win greater glory.

Raya-O-Senna: It was this desire that brought forth black magic, the arcane art of destruction, into the world. In order that this force of chaos be kept in check and balance preserved, at roughly the same point in history, white magic, the arcane art of succor, came into existence.

Raya-O-Senna: Emboldened by magic, man went on to reach the zenith of glory. But his hunger knew no bounds. Over time, even they who donned the white began perverting their powers for the sake of self-gain, and in this single-minded pursuit scrupled not to sully the sanctity of the Twelveswood.

Raya-O-Senna: In his pride and avarice, man brought down the wrath of the elementals upon himself.

Raya-O-Senna: A great deluge was sent to cleanse the land of his wicked presence, in the wake of which the forest rose to swallow up all that was not washed away. Thus did the Six Umbral Era begin...or so it is told.

Raya-O-Senna: Something is eerily familiar about all this.

Raya-O-Senna: Owing to our efforts, a semblance of calm has returned to the Twelveswood. But this peace is not like to endure.

Raya-O-Senna: Beyond the bounds of the forest, rogue elementals remain rampant as ever.

Raya-O-Senna: If the elementals are left to their rage, another calamity will surely befall Eorzea. We must do all in our power to ensure that it does not come to pass.

Raya-O-Senna: , I have need of your strength once again.

Raya-O-Senna: Reports have arrived that a man has taken to banditry at the land bridge south of Camp Bearded Rock, falling upon hapless travelers and despoiling them of their weapons.

Raya-O-Senna: The bandit operates with his minions, and, if words can be believed, their eyes are steeped in such rage as their mortal flesh couldn't possibly contain.

Raya-O-Senna: I trust you already know what is required of you. Aye, you must free the hapless souls from the grip of the rogue elemental that controls them.

(Accept the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: I knew you would not disappoint me. You are a true friend to the elementals-─to Gridania.

Raya-O-Senna: Be heedful that your opponents are ordinary men no more. I urge you to proceed with the utmost caution.

(After accepting, you may talk to Raya-O and the moogles)

Raya-O-Senna: A man has taken to banditry at the land bridge south of Camp Bearded Rock, falling upon hapless travelers and despoiling them of their weapons.

Raya-O-Senna: The bandit has his minions in tow, and if words can be believed, their eyes are steeped in such rage as their mortal flesh couldn't possibly contain. You must free the hapless souls from the grip of the rogue elemental that controls them.

Raya-O-Senna: First the enraged elementals, and now stolen arms... Something about all this sits ill with me.

Pukni Pakk: I shudder at the thought of living in a world of endless cold. Why, my poor nose would become all chapped! Few things irk a moogle more than a chapped nose, kupo.

Kupcha Kupa: So the forest swallowed up the land? Why, that sounds like a veritable paradise! Ah, but I jest, kupo!

(Over Linkpearl)

Raya-O-Senna: , you must return to the Twelveswood at once! Th-There is something I have overlooked...something dire!

Raya-O-Senna: The stolen arms and the rogue elementals...Nirvana and Oha-Sok─-they are all intertwined! Oh, but the details can wait! Hurry back, !

(Cutscene directly after)

Oha-Sok: Thou mayest silence the keening of men and beasts, but that of my kind shall not be so easily quelled.

Oha-Sok: I am nihility incarnate, though thou knowest me first as Oha-Sok. Where all things end, so too do I begin. In joining light and shadow, ever do I ensure their eternal separation.

Oha-Sok: . Long have I watched thee. Through thine eyes have I gazed upon the children of the sixth sun.

Oha-Sok: I am wrath incarnate. By my kindred's rage I am given life, by their keening roused to wakefulness. Even as I mourn the departure of light, I grieve the arrival of shadow.

Oha-Sok: Gentle child of man. Thy heart knoweth no vice, thine intentions righteous. Yet thy strength knoweth no purpose but conflict. In conflict, there is naught but suffering.

Oha-Sok: Hark! The keening of my kind riseth to a crescendo! The new moon loometh nigh, and when it cometh, woods shall wither and seas shall roil.

Oha-Sok: Pray forgive me, child of gentle heart, and fare thee well.

Oha-Sok: When the end of days is come, I pray that thy soul shall know true peace.

(You may talk to the moogles first before finishing)

Pukni Pakk: The scent of sorrow clings to you, adventurer. My shoulder is at your disposal should you need a good cry, kupo. There's no shame in shedding tears, you know. They're not a sign of weakness, but of the strength of your feeling.

Kupcha Kupa: Kupopo? Oha-Sok's aura vanished all of a sudden. Where in the world could she have gone, kupo?

(Continuing the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: ! I am so relieved that you've returned. But...was Oha-Sok not with you?

Raya-O-Senna: “Where all things end, so too do I begin...”

Raya-O-Senna: By the Twelve, how could I have been so blind?

Raya-O-Senna: That I should be in the presence of such a being, and for so long...and fail to see her for what she was! Oh, I know not whether to be amazed or ashamed!

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok is the collective fury of the elementals given form. Their suffering summoned her forth, and in her turn she stokes the fire of their rage with her keening.

Raya-O-Senna: As I related to you earlier, it was the rage of the elementals that brought an end to the civilization of the Fifth Astral Era.

Raya-O-Senna: And now the selfsame harbinger of that destruction is come once more. Aye, I speak of Oha-Sok.

Raya-O-Senna: The histories vividly describe the fearsome nature of the elemental of nihility─or “the Wrath,” as she is sometimes called. It is writ that each time she keens, she sets off a hundred of her kind to doing the same.

Raya-O-Senna: Ever more elementals shall join the keening, and so shall it continue until their chorus rends the land asunder.

Raya-O-Senna: And then the heavens shall spill forth a deluge of tears, and the trees weep till they are hoarse of voice.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok's awakening spells cataclysm for Eorzea...or at least, it already should have.

Raya-O-Senna: , I do believe we have been given a reprieve. I have a strong suspicion that Oha-Sok stays her hand─she refrains from ushering in the end.

Raya-O-Senna: Rather than setting about raising the chorus of her kindred's rage, she chose to follow you that she might bear witness to your every action. Owing to this, the elementals' rage was given a chance to subside.

Raya-O-Senna: Before she came to us, Oha-Sok had joined her essence to Nirvana.

Raya-O-Senna: It could be for no other reason than to observe the deeds of men that she conceived of such a notion.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok hasn't yet given up on mankind, -─we still have a chance.

Raya-O-Senna: I shall commune with other elementals and seek a way to stop her from unleashing cataclysm upon Eorzea.

Raya-O-Senna: As for you, in light of the trials to come, it is vital that you realize your potential as a white mage posthaste.

Raya-O-Senna: By the power vested in me, I hereby permit you the use of new white magic.

Raya-O-Senna: One of the mightiest spells in the white mage's arsenal is now yours to wield. By concentrating divine energy into a single burst, it is a match even for the most destructive black magic.

Raya-O-Senna: Its bestowal is symbolic of the weight of my trust in you. The fate of Eorzea hinges upon our efforts, and neither of us must rest until our mission is accomplished.

(Talking to moogles first)

Pukni Pakk: Oha-Sok has been silent of late...but the unease of her kindred is ever present, kupo.

Kupcha Kupa: No doubt you already know, but your newest spell is kupositively awesome! One wouldn't think white magic would have such an exhilarating application, kupo!

(Grabbing quest)

Raya-O-Senna: I have spoken with both the elementals and the moogles. Regrettably, none possess knowledge of how to stop the elemental of nihility. But fret not, for there is a course of action available to us still.

Raya-O-Senna: The Wood Wailers have sent word regarding Rowland of the 99 Blades, the bandit whom you liberated from the elementals' influence. Upon regaining lucidity, the man revealed that he had been hearing voices.

Raya-O-Senna: “Show unto me the face of the sixth sun, that I might weigh the deeds of her children.”...Apparently, this phrase echoed in his mind without cease.

Raya-O-Senna: Now, this is merely conjecture, but I believe Oha-Sok was attempting to observe mankind through others of her kind.

Raya-O-Senna: Alas, it would seem that those elementals who took possession of folk at her bidding ended up being affected by her inherent wrath. And in their turn, they poisoned the minds of their hosts, who were driven to acts of violence.

Raya-O-Senna: If this conjecture holds true, it would go far towards explaining why Oha-Sok chose to reside within Nirvana.

Raya-O-Senna: After she merged with the staff, she had creatures of the Twelveswood steal it in hopes that it would find its way into the hands of men. Thence she would be able to observe the children of the sixth sun.

Raya-O-Senna: By sheer coincidence, however, Nirvana came to be in our possession.

Raya-O-Senna: Knowing that we Padjal can readily sense elementals, Oha-Sok doubtless panicked when you brought the staff to me. And so she burst out as she did and told us an untruth.

Raya-O-Senna: This reaffirms my belief that Oha-Sok has not despaired of us─-that she is willing to give mankind a second chance. Yet, comforting though this knowledge may be, I fear the fate of Eorzea hangs in the balance still.

Raya-O-Senna: As I related to you before, it is by her keening that the elemental of nihility unleashes cataclysm.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok sits in forbearance of her final judgment and is silent for the moment. Nevertheless, her presence alone is enough to impel her kind to sustain their keening indefinitely.

Raya-O-Senna: In turn, that keening serves to fuel the wrath of Oha-Sok's existence. And so shall the cycle continue until water and wood swallows all. We must pacify the elementals if this vicious circle is to be broken.

Raya-O-Senna: As you well know, however, ordinary means serve not to restore enraged elementals to calm, less so those who derive their rage from Oha-Sok.

Raya-O-Senna: In order to save Eorzea, we must avail ourselves of greater power─-we must avail ourselves of the garb of succor, the legendary artifacts worn by the white mages of old.

Raya-O-Senna: Ancient chronicles hold that the garb is imbued with the light of succor, and is bestowed only upon those deemed true servants of the forest.

Raya-O-Senna: The garb comprises five artifacts, each of which heightens the wearer's affinity with the elementals.

Raya-O-Senna: There exist accounts of white mages who successfully entreated elementals to render their essence unto the garb as a show of ultimate favor.

Raya-O-Senna: Were we to emulate this feat, I believe our mission to quell the elementals shall be much bolstered for it.

Raya-O-Senna: But first things first. , I would have you journey forth to claim the garb of succor.

Raya-O-Senna: The artifacts are sealed away in different corners of Eorzea, and were thought to have been long lost. But with the moogles' help, I was able to ascertain their whereabouts.

Raya-O-Senna: This undertaking will sorely test your faculties as a white mage, yet our need is dire. There is no time to waste--you must depart as soon as you are able.

(Accepting quest)

Raya-O-Senna: I knew you would not disappoint me, .

Raya-O-Senna: Now, heed me well, for I shall make known to you the whereabouts of the artifacts.

Raya-O-Senna: The first rests within Dzemael Darkhold, southwest of Camp Dragonhead in the central highlands of Coerthas. The second can be found in Zahar'ak, east of Camp Broken Water in southern Thanalan.

Raya-O-Senna: Turning Leaf, south of Camp Crimson Bark in the West Shroud, is where you shall find the third. And the fourth piece makes its resting place on Tiger Helm Island, southwest of Camp Bloodshore in Eastern La Noscea.

Raya-O-Senna: Each is sealed within an enchanted chest that can be perceived only by a worthy white mage. There is no doubt in my mind that you are such.

Raya-O-Senna: Lest you need to review your destinations, I shall mark them on your map of Eorzea.

Raya-O-Senna: ...Hm? Consternation is writ plain upon your face, Dobenn. You wonder about the fifth artifact, I shouldn't doubt.

Raya-O-Senna: Despite our best efforts, I fear the location of the final piece eludes us still. But rest assured, for the moogles and I shall dedicate ourselves wholly to this endeavor. I hope to have good tidings to share upon your return.

((You may talk to the moogles before continuing))

Kupcha Kupa: Kupopo!? You've found the garb of succor!? Why, that makes you a legendary adventurer, kupo! And me, a legendary...um, adventurer's aquaintance?

Pukni Pakk: Raya-O is cross about how long it's taken you to return--and that makes me cross as well! Hmph, kupo! Hmph!

(Continuing the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: So these are the artifacts... They are indeed aglow with the light of succor. You are to be commended, .

Raya-O-Senna: Would that I could say my mission was an equal success. I fear I owe you an apology.

Raya-O-Senna: I was unable to ascertain the location of the fifth piece. I have set the archivists of Stillgade Fane to scouring our library, but naught has come of their efforts thus far.

Raya-O-Senna: For a blessing, the keening of the elementals has yet to reach such an intensity as would be cause for alarm. There is time still.

Raya-O-Senna: I promise not to rest until the whereabouts of the final artifact are known to us.

Raya-O-Senna: In the meantime, I would have you apply yourself to honing your abilities. You serve Eorzea and the elementals best by realizing your potential as a white mage.

Pukni Pakk: Oha-Sok is somewhere out there, alone with her sorrow. The mere imagining of it makes my eyes rain, kupo...

Kupcha Kupa: Raya-O hasn't practiced with her staff in quite a while. Instead, she's had her nose buried in musty old tomes, kupo.

(Starting the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: Can you hear it, ? The elementals' keening has begun to rise in crescendo, a sound that sends a chill down my spine.

Raya-O-Senna: Oha-Sok has returned to the Twelveswood, I am certain of it. Her presence stirs the rage of her kindred.

Raya-O-Senna: Having observed the deeds of men through your eyes, Oha-Sok forbears passing her final judgement.

Raya-O-Senna: However, being the collective wrath of the elementals given form, she cannot help but be swayed by the humours of her kind. It is only a matter of time before her hand is forced.

Raya-O-Senna: Hm? Might we try treating with Oha-Sok directly? Would that the solution were so simple, . Alas, the problem lies not with Oha-Sok, but her kindred.

Raya-O-Senna: Our only recourse is to pacify the enraged elementals, on after the next.

Raya-O-Senna: If all goes well, some may be willing to render their essence unto the garb of succor, and our cause will grow stronger for t.

Raya-O-Senna: ...But here I must needs make a confession. It pains me to say this, but I have failed to locate the final piece of the garb.

Raya-O-Senna: I have explored every avenue known to me, exhausted every store of knowledge...yet I could not find so much as a single reference to its whereabouts.

Raya-O-Senna: And now our time is spent. The hour of reckoning is upon us, and we must needs act, with or without all five artifacts of succor.

Raya-O-Senna: , your final mission is thus: you are to go forth and grant peace unto the elementals.

Raya-O-Senna: The time is long past that men honor the oath made in the pact of Gelmorra--the oath to shine the light of succor throughout Eorzea.

Raya-O-Senna: I will tell it to you plain: this task would ask much of the most experienced white mage.

Raya-O-Senna: Yet it was through your eyes that Oha-Sok saw hope in mankind. We must pray that her kindred can be made to see the same.

(Declining)

Raya-O-Senna: Our journey is almost at an end, . Would you truly forsake our cause now?

(Accepting)

Raya-O-Senna: The keening of the elementals is loudest southwest of Camp Bentbranch, and it is thither that you must take yourself. Go with the blessing of the Matron, .

((Talking to Raya-O and the moogles again before departing))

Raya-O-Senna: The keening of the elementals is loudest southwest of Camp Bentbranch, and it is thither that you must take yourself.

Raya-O-Senna: Go forth, my stalwart white mage, and assuage the anguish of the elementals, that the light of succor might shine throughout Eorzea.

Raya-O-Senna: I shall pray for your safe return. May the Matron watch over you.

Pukni Pakk: What's that? You'd like my blessing as well, you say? Happy to oblige, kupo! Ahem!

Pukni Pakk: Kupo... Kupopopo... KUPO! ...It is done. Now you're certain to succeed, kupo!

Kupcha Kupa: How do you mean to deal with the elementals, kupo? With force...or with compassion?

Firebound Wrath: By our grief the Wrath is wakened, by her keening is our deliverance wrought.

Firebound Wrath: Such is the covenant of rebirth since time immemorial.

Water Elemental: Alas, the Wrath keeneth not, for hope tainteth her existence.

Firebound Wrath: Yet salvation shall not be denied us! Our rage shall not be silenced!

Oha-Sok: Enough.

Oha-Sok: Let go thy rage, my brothers and sisters, as I have let go mine.

Oha-Sok: Though man hath ever caused suffering, so too doth he ease it.

Oha-Sok: Through this child's eyes, I have seen that good endureth yet within the hearts of men.

Oha-Sok: So let our keening be ended. Be at peace, my brothers and sisters, and know thy true selves anew.

Oha-Sok: O child of gentle heart... My kindred acknowledge thy fervent wish for peace.

Oha-Sok: Thine is a heart that brimmeth with compassion─a compassion that knoweth not fear, and favoreth not friend o'er foe.

Oha-Sok: It is to that compassion that my kindred and I shall trust.

Oha-Sok: Of their own free will, they would fain give themselves unto thy garb of succor. Thy hopes and dreams, they take to be their own.

Oha-Sok: Warmth begetteth warmth, and hope begetteth hope.

Oha-Sok: Till such time as the light of succor shineth in every corner of the realm, together with my kindred, I shall remain by thy side.

Oha-Sok vanishes

Pukni Pakk: Kupopo? The scent of OhaSok is all over you, adventurer...and that of several other elementals besides. I say, what in the world have you been up to, kupo?

Kupcha Kupa: What took you so long, kupo? You ought to know by now that RayaO doesn't care to be kept waiting.

(Continuing on with the quest)

Raya-O-Senna: Oh, thank the gods you're safe! You were so long abroad, I feared for the worst. But never mind that now. That you have returned to me could only mean one thing─your mission was a success!

Raya-O-Senna: Hm? That robe...I do not recall seeing it amongst the artifacts you acquired. Is this Oha-Sok's presence I sense!?

Raya-O-Senna: What is the meaning of this!? Explain yourself this instant!

Screen fades out as you explain

Raya-O-Senna: That the final artifact of succor would be Oha-Sok herself...

Raya-O-Senna: That certainly explains why we were unable to locate it. Pray forgive my outburst─I would not have believed such a thing possible.

Raya-O-Senna: I knew from the first that you possessed the potential for greatness─but that you should realize it, and so soon... Words fail me.

Raya-O-Senna: It is no ordinary white mage who can quell the collective fury of the elementals and win the favor of wrath incarnate besides. You can hold your head up high, .

Raya-O-Senna: Gridania is fortunate indeed to count you among her allies.

Raya-O-Senna: On behalf of the nation, I offer you my deepest thanks.

You are taught Benediction

Raya-O-Senna: I once taught you that to walk the path of white magic is to devote oneself to the salving of hurts and lifting of misery.

Raya-O-Senna: You have grown into the very embodiment of that ideal, , and I say this without reserve.

Raya-O-Senna: The future will be fraught with hardships, but so long as I draw breath, I shall give my all to ensure that peace ever reigns within the Twelveswood. I have no doubt that you will strive to do the same.

Raya-O-Senna: Pray keep watching over us, Oha-Sok. I promise you, the day will come when the Eorzea you have envisioned is made reality...and you need mourn no more.

(Talking to the three after quest is complete)

Raya-O-Senna: So long as I draw breath, I shall give my all to ensure that peace ever reigns within the Twelveswood. I have no doubt that you will strive to do the same.

Pukni Pakk: It must be reassuring to have Oha-Sok and her kindred with you constantly, kupo! Aye, nearly as good as having us moogles about!

Kupcha Kupa: Raya-O is in high spirits again, kupo! Was it something you said, adventurer?

^ That's the entirety of the bonus blu-ray that came with the 2.0 collectors edition. While it doesn't really go over the War of the Magi in huge detail, the opening does say this:

"The peoples of the Fifth Astral Era will be remembered for building their civilization on a foundation of magic, relentlessly tapping Hydaelyn of her lifeblood to indulge their decadence. The burden of the planet, however, would prove too great. Aetherial balance was lost, and the elements ran wild. At the urgent behest of a party of twelve shadowy figures history only remembers as the Archons, the nations agree to consolidate their remaining resources and form the Grand Companies of Eorzea in an attempt to forestall the coming apocalypse. But it was too little, too late. The damage done to Hydaelyn was irreversible, and the people could only wait and watch as their fates played out.

Rain fell from the skies for three score days and three score nights until all but the highest peaks were submerged in an endless sea. Whole cities were swallowed, entire populations lost. The Fifth Astral Era had come to a close, ushering the darkness of the Sixth Umbral Era."

It continues on with what the Sixth Umbral Era brought:

"The scars of the Sixth Umbral Era ran deep, instilling despair into the hearts of the realms survivors. Fearing that its continued use might further their woes, the art of magic was forbidden. Libraries housing ancient tomes were put to flame, while those who practiced - or were rumored to practice - the art of spellcraft were hunted down and tried as criminals. Many a learned man met the same demise, as the masses had become so incensed they could no longer distinguish the difference between science and sorcery. With the majority of their greatest minds lost, the few remaining nations of the Fifth Astral Era crumbled and vanished, their peoples scattering about the realm to lay claim to what little resources remained. Driven by the primal urge to survive, tribes and clans banded together into small communities and began a centuries-long journey to rebuild their broken lives."

There's a blurb later on that mentions the Pact of Gelmorra as well:

"After many long years of developing the art, the people of Gelmorra finally succeed in using conjury to achieve communion with the spirits of the Twelveswood, and convince the elementals to grant them residence in the forest. It is also at this time that the spirits, angered by the violent actions of the Ixal, send the tribe into exile beyond the Black Shroud's protective barrier - the Hedge. Free to emerge from their underground refuge, and rid of the troublesome Ixal, the people of Gelmorra establish a new city-state, Gridania."

Further, the Padjal (from my understanding) were born during the time, made essentially by the elementals as their bearers of the knowledge of White magic. The blu-ray doesn't specifically name the elementals as the ones that flooded everything, but they were likely the ones who flooded the Shroud, giving birth to Oha-Sok in the process. Seeing how the elementals are seen as one with Hydaelyn, it is in their best interest to silence what was essentially an... appendage-waving contest between the Mhachi and the Amdapori in who could overpower the other in terms of magic and abusing having the ability at all was what was killing of Hydaelyn, flooding everything after warnings from the Archons was what happened in response.

Another thing worth mentioning is that, in order to keep people in line in the Shroud, at least in 1.0 (as it seems it's mentioned in passing but is never enacted) was the use of Greenwrath/Woodsin. Oh, you didn't get permission from the elementals to kill that bird for food? You're now inflicted with Woodsin, and if you don't purge yourself of it, the forest/elementals come to attack you.

That said, the blu-ray is still nothing but lore/history, and an interesting watch to be sure. My guess is also that with the fact that the Mhachi have finally been named, we're going to have some more lorebombs dropped on what actually happened during that time, how White/Black magic came to be, how everything got flooded, etc. This was more hard lore about what caused things without giving up too much, though I suspect they'll be giving us more in the future with subsequent updates to the core game itself on what really happened beyond the Mhachi being colossal jerks and summoning voidsent to destroy opposition and sending plagues to their other enemies. If you piece this together with what's in-game knowledge, it does give more lore with fewer holes, at least. If you were curious on 1.0 events, it gives that history too, complete with relevant cutscenes starting with when Ifrit is first summoned, beyond the Battle of Silvertear Falls.

HELLO YES I really like the lore for the War of the Magi and I'm curious how this knowledge, the knowledge in-game, and whatever future knowledge will put together a full picture of the past.

The Waning of the Sixth Sun

The Sixth Umbral Era

The peoples of the Fifth Astral Era will be remembered for building their civilization on a foundation of magic, relentlessly tapping Hydaelyn of her lifeblood to indulge their decadence. The burden of the planet, however, would prove too great. Aetherial balance was lost, and the elements ran wild. At the urgent behest of a party of twelve shadowy figures history only remembers as the Archons, the nations agree to consolidate their remaining resources and form the Grand Companies of Eorzea in an attempt to forestall the coming apocalypse. But it was too little, too late. The damage done to Hydaelyn was irreversible, and the people could only wait and watch as their fates played out.

Rain fell from the skies for three score days and three score nights until all but the highest peaks were submerged in an endless sea. Whole cities were swallowed, entire populations lost. The Fifth Astral Era had come to a close, ushering the darkness of the Sixth Umbral Era.

Rebuilding a Realm - (Year 1~400)

The scars of the Sixth Umbral Era ran deep, instilling despair into the hearts of the realms survivors. Fearing that its continued use might further their woes, the art of magic was forbidden. Libraries housing ancient tomes were put to flame, while those who practiced - or were rumored to practice - the art of spellcraft were hunted down and tried as criminals. Many a learned man met the same demise, as the masses had become so incensed they could no longer distinguish the difference between science and sorcery. With the majority of their greatest minds lost, the few remaining nations of the Fifth Astral Era crumbled and vanished, their peoples scattering about the realm to lay claim to what little resources remained. Driven by the primal urge to survive, tribes and clans banded together into small communities and began a centuries-long journey to rebuild their broken lives.

Rise of the City States - (Year 400~1000)

Four hundred summers removed from the great deluge, Eorzea's population finally begins to experience a resurgence. Immigrants from islands beyond the Bloodbrine Sea, as well as the eastern continents of Othard and Ilsabard arrive in Aldenard in droves. Three great migratory waves of Hyur also inflict irreversible change on Eorzea's population distribution.

Racial tension hits its peak at this time, with individual races seen gravitating to certain city-states to escape persecution - the Elezen to Ishgard in the highlands of Coerthas; the Lalafell to Belah'dia in the deserts of Thanalan; and the Roegadyn to Limsa Lominsa on the island of Vylbrand. However, even this was not without its problems. It is only a matter of years before clan-based infighting between the Plainsfolk and Dunesfolk Lalafell result in the fall of Belah'dia and its bifurcation into two new city-states, Ul'dah and Sil'dih.

That is not to say, however, that the period was devoid of racial harmony. Their banishment from the Twelveswood by the spirits of the forest works to strengthen the bonds between the Hyur and Elezen living in the Black Shroud, ultimately leading to their joint establishment of the underground city of Gelmorra.

Tides of War - (Year 1000~1300)

For the next several hundred years, the city-states exhibit steady progress as they grow and gain power. When they seek to expand their claim on surrounding lands, however, new complications arise. Territorial feuds between neighbors lead to heightened tensions in the outlands. Indigenous beast tribes such as the kobolds and the Ixal, infuriated with those whom they perceive as invaders, begin to rise in defiance, despoiling the land in protest. Unable to put aside racial differences, Ul'dah and Sil'dih wage their petty war until neither side can remember why they fought at all.

As bloody battles break out across the realm, the balance of power begins to shift. Rivers run with blood while coin flows from the hands of the ambitious into the pockets of mercenaries and sellswords. Ul'dah emerges as rulers of Thanalan after finally conquering their sister city-state and reducing it to rubble. The warring tribes of Gyr Abania are at long last brought together by the Highlander Hyur, and join to form the city-state of Ala Mhigo. Advancements in shipbuilding techniques strengthen Limsa Lominsa's dominion over the seas, while increased dealings with lands beyond Eorzea transform the maritime city-state into a wealthy melting pot of cultures.

After many long years of developing the art, the people of Gelmorra finally succeed in using conjury to achieve communion with the spirits of the Twelveswood, and convince the elementals to grant them residence in the forest. It is also at this time that the spirits, angered by the violent actions of the Ixal, send the tribe into exile beyond the Black Shroud's protective barrier - the Hedge. Free to emerge from their underground refuge, and rid of the troublesome Ixal, the people of Gelmorra establish a new city-state, Gridania.

Calm Before the Storm - (Year 1300~1500)

Weary of fighting, the people seek to mend bonds that had grown torn and frayed over the centuries. Aggressive tactics are abandoned for diplomacy, and inner city-state commerce is restored. As technology and culture are shared, the nations experience prosperity unseen since the Fifth Astral Era. The city-states of Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, Ul'dah, Ishgard, Ala Mhigo, and Sharlayan have matured, and now become the focal points of Eorzean civilization. Peace, for once, finally prevailed in the land.

However, the opening of these doors eventually lead to the closing of others. Fearing their livelihood will be lost or altered by the influx of new people and ideas, independent craftsmen and warriors alike begin banding together to preserve their trades. They form guilds not only to safeguard their knowledge, but to provide themselves with the wherewithal to form business partnerships which will help assure their financial stability.

Unfortunately, where man treads, peace is never long to last. In an attempt to expand their influence into the Black Shroud, Ala Mhigo exploits the realm's illusion of security and launches a series of large-scale campaigns into Tinolqa which will eventually lead into the onset of the Autumn War.

A New Threat - (Year 1500~1560)

What little magicks the Gridanians have perfected in the generations since their departure from Gelmorra are no match for the sheer martial might of the Ala Mhigan forces, and it appears the sylvan city-state will quickly fall to her invaders. However, in a move most unexpected, the city-states of Ishgard, Ul'dah, and Limsa Lominsa dispatch their armies to Gridania's aid, and just as quickly as the Autumn War began, so it was resolved. Borders are set and treaties are signed. City-states would remain independent, but the rise of one would not be tolerated. And once again peace settled over the realm.

Outside Aldenard, the flames of conquest were only beginning to rise. To the north, on the continent of Ilsabard, the Republic of Garlemald begins overwhelming nearby nations with their iron war machines, seizing their land and consuming their cultures. In the year 1552, the leader of the republic, Solus zos Galvus, declares Garlemald an empire and appoints himself emperor. The new imperial army, now swelling with the might of countless assimilated nations, methodically subjugates the eastern continent of Othard and the remaining lands of Ilsabard, welcoming those nations willing to bow to imperial rule, while erasing those which refuse the Garlean standard.

With two of the three great continents now under its control, the Garlean Empire sets its sights on Aldenard, and in the year 1557, sends the XIVth legion to conquer Ala Mhigo in the first step to bring Eorzea's people under imperial rule. The Garlean Empire renames the conquered city-state and the surrounding lands of Gyr Abania to the Ala Mhigan Territory.

Huge thanks to Kage for posting this on the RPC!

Here, we run out of time, and are unable to talk about the Long Climb, but before we teleport to Gridania, we talk about the floating ruins of the Invisible City─remnants of the now destroyed city of Nym (which is covered heavily in the Scholar quest line), and how the city of Nym has ties with the cities of Amdapor and Mhach...and how we’ll be learning more about their little Fifth Astral Era spat in the very near future.

YES I saw that and did a Happy Lore Sway. It also gave the location of where the Mhachi were located in the realm:

Oda-san talked a bit about how the ruins are from Belah’dia, and how Belah’dia was originally founded by the survivors of Mhach (a city of magic that thrived in the Yafaem Saltmoor─a currently inaccessible region to the northwest of Mor Dhona─during the Fifth Astral Era).

There's now some speculation going on that the locations the Void Ark is seen is floating above this area but higher up so you can't see it from Mor Dhona. If it IS Mhachi, Nym, or Amdapor origin... well, it's possible that's what he means. Alternatively the Scholastate in Ishgard and its new quests coming in 3.1 might be the source of the lore... or something else entirely.

Still hoping for a Lost City HM in the coming patches...

Edit, while I'm thinking about it: And Ferne's wording of "Currently Inaccessible" makes me wonder if it will be in the future, hm.