Some obnoxious falderol

Rhostel

Heya. I don't have anything very interesting to say about who I am, but I'll say everything I can think of just in case.

I'm a 30-year old Australian who occasionally draws. I've been roleplaying since I was 10 with Dungeons & Dragons, playing Final Fantasy games since I was 16 with VII (the first to be released here), and playing MMOs since I was 23 with Guild Wars. In fact, I've played many tabletop RPGs, the majority of Final Fantasy games (and a bunch of other JRPGs) and heaps of MMOs. I love all of these things, but I missed the boat with Final Fantasy XI.

I bought the collector's edition of FF XIV on a whim, even though I was unimpressed with a lot I was hearing about it. To be honest, I have trouble resisting Amano box art and it was surprisingly affordable, probably because it looked like it was one of a few pre-orders cancelled at the last minute. Anyway, I found that I really loved the game aesthetically (it seems to borrow a lot from the Ivalice games) but I struggled with the gameplay. So, I left for a while, but when I heard about the big changes in the development team and saw how earnest they were about fixing the game, I decided to keep an eye on it. I've popped back in on occasion when I've been able to for free, but now I feel ready to dive in properly.

I've started from scratch, with a Hyuran Midlander (but probably going to change her to Highlander come 2.0) named Rhostel Donlan. I'm levelling her as a Lancer first (currently level 19), partly because it's the only combat class I didn't get around to trying before, and partly because Dragoons are frickin' cool. I consider myself a medium roleplayer; I act in character as much as I can without it getting in the way of having fun with the game.

Me too! In the meantime I've been figuring out Rhostel's identity, and starting to draw her. Just an anatomy sketch, because I really don't have any RP gear for her yet. That's important, though, because as a Highlander and a fighter she's much bigger and stronger than her ingame model. ;)

Yeah. When I disconnected almost instantly after getting back in, I figured I should just turn everything off and step away for a little while. Then RL stuff happened and by the time I got back you were gone and everything worked fine thereafter. *sigh*

• 4 months later...

*cough*

So I got sidelined by GW2 at a time when I was getting frustrated with FFXIV. Now, I can't join you all in these last days, but I figured I should poke my head in and say that I'm not dead! I shall return for ARR, and probably start getting active in the community in the lead up.

Anyway, stuuuuuff.

*cough*

So I got sidelined by GW2 at a time when I was getting frustrated with FFXIV. Now, I can't join you all in these last days, but I figured I should poke my head in and say that I'm not dead! I shall return for ARR, and probably start getting active in the community in the lead up.

Anyway, stuuuuuff.

WB! Excited to see you again!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...