Any Gundam Fans Here?

I feel that RG could potentially replace HG if they handle it right. It's really awesome to put pieces on a skeleton, and this makes the kit so much more stable. Not only that, but my wing zero custom RG is solid as a rock, I've had it fall off my desk so many times yet not one part has come off of it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the basic tools that I use to work on my figure, should you intend to not kitbash or perform airbrush etc.

• Gundam Marker Fine Point Pen 0.3 - Definitely look out for these pens. They are best ones to fill in the gap spaces to give some lining touches. I use this all the time, and they are erasable with a rubber eraser should you make a mistake.
  • GM 300 Gundam Marker Remover - Should you actually make further side of the mistake, use this marker than Nail Polisher chemical solution. The nail polish solution can possibly melt down some of the plastic parts, so you don't want that to happen.
  • Side Cutter - Definitely needed when you are snipping out each parts from the tray, especially Polycaps (PC). I have Tamiya exclusive Side Cutters.
  • Cutting Mat - This is totally optional if you don't want your table to be destroyed when you are slicing up parts or scratching off parts. Sometimes, cutting mat also helps because the mat itself is rubber and matte touch into it, so the parts you are holding down won't slip away so easily.
  • Modeler's Knife Pro - This is Tamiya's proud Modeler X-Acto knife made by them with different types of blade choices you can use. This has a very nice grip that you can use on. 
  • Basic File set - You do need files to scratch off any small parts that are popped out when you mistakenly snipped the parts wrong.
  • Angled Tweezers - This tweezer is mostly used for decals and stickers.
  • Tamiya Cement - You will need this if you intend to glue parts permanently. You don't want to use Krazy Glue, because Krazy Glue can melt down plastic parts. 
  • Fine Abrasive Papers - This is basically sand papers, and it has different type of grit level and it's friction levels. It helps you to scratch off any bump parts. a bit different from File set. - Sandpapers are used to get rid of nubmarks.
  • Tamiya Compound Paste - You'll need this to polish off if you couldn't get rid of nubmarks. You basically use Coarse first then Fine then Finish. There are three pastes
  • Q-tips - Always use it when you are sometimes removing small marks of markers with a bit of alcohol solution/gundam eraser marker. Even used for compound paste
  • Toothbrush - You want toothbrush to use it when you apply compounds onto the parts.
  • Cloth used for Glasses - You want to rub off any type of grinded or dusted parts from sandpaper or file. Even after compound. Be sure to have at least more than one cloths
  • Coating Spray - This spray is for final touch. There are three types: Gloss, Semi-Matte, Matte. Whichever you use, will show a different result of the coating on the gunpla. You never use this spray until the end for a final touch. Be sure to never spray it at close range. It can cause smallest figure parts to melt. 
  • Painting - Painting is the least concern. But if you want to spray, I suggest Airbrush first to cover all of them but do not spray it after you assembled, or applied decals, or even when you placed coating spray. remember, coating is the last thing you want to do.

This is super helpful. I actually have no Gunpla at the moment, but I have this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gasaraki-Metal-Fake-Experimental-Model-Series-02-Ishtar-Mk-II-Figure-Bandai-RARE-/400748894276

Which I have not assembled for fear of messing it up. It's not great quality but I'd like it to look good.

• 2 weeks later...

Does MG have the largest lineup, period?

Very. MG has the most lineup as equal to HG now, especially very nice looking Bandai P Exclusive MG models.

Like Gundam Wing MG ones such as Tallgeese III, Altron MG were P-Exclusives but they are fun to build and challenging. I suggest you to search at amazon to see if you want to grab them. They are VERY limited in stocks.

This is super helpful. I actually have no Gunpla at the moment, but I have this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gasaraki-Metal-Fake-Experimental-Model-Series-02-Ishtar-Mk-II-Figure-Bandai-RARE-/400748894276

Which I have not assembled for fear of messing it up. It's not great quality but I'd like it to look good.

Try building some! They are fun and easy to assemble.

I'll post a photo of my MG RX-78-2 3.0 with Semi-Matte Coating with Decals on soon.

I am currently working on MG Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita Alba P-Exclusive atm. I'll also post up that soon.