Any Gundam Fans Here?

Hello, I am new to the forum still but I just wanted to ask if anyone here was a fan of Gundam. Whichever series you liked, makes no difference, however I am making a custom model kit to be submitted to Sunrise for consideration of future gundam designs, and I was wondering if anyone shared this hobby.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna try your best to make me one.

*looks away innocently*

Maaaayyyybe....

Well right now I've assembled about 90% of my Nu Gundam kit (It's an HG) and to be honest I've been trying to customize it. This morning before I went to work I solved an issue wherein I was unable to put a back-mounted weapon except its trademark fin funnels if I wanted to give it a full backpack, and this morning I managed to make a hole good enough for a snug fit for a back-mounted cannon. I'm going to probably add a little more, then it'll be time for sealing and paint

I've watched the original Gundam, Wing, 008th MS Team, G Gundam... basically any of the ones that were readily available state-side. Played a few of the games too, but I didn't really go so far as to get into the more obscure stuff... and I think I got distracted by other things when SeeD and such came out.

My favorite Gundam would be the Epyon by Gundam definitions, but my favorite Mobile Suit is the GM Sniper II. I just really like the idea of a tweaked out specialized base unit that can kick some ass... like any of the Char Custom suits.

I am a pretty intense fan. I watched most series and know basically the plot and characters of those I haven't. My favorite MS is AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra.

You have excellent taste, I would have worked on a Gerbera Tetra however for the life of me I can't seem to find any kind of kit. I typically do HG models, but I've been thinking of going to do something much bigger since I've gotten practice.

I have joined the bandwagon alongside an old friend who has started building models and watching some of the series. So far I've built a Build Fighters Try R-Gyagya, and a Gundam AGE Baqto. I've seen Wing, Build Fighters, a portion of Build Fighters Try, and most of 08th MS Team. Will probably watch more in time as I continue to hang out with these folks I've built them with, but it's an enjoyable activity and genre.

Nataru, I'm going to raid your house for two of those Marida figures.

That said, I'm definitely a Winger, though I enjoyed G Gundam, the bits of 08th MS Team I've seen, and absolutely love Gundam Build Fighters. The sequel was a bit meh, but still fun to watch. I despise UC because of its director, and the less said about that, the better. That's not to say I don't like the characters from UC, as my opening line made pretty clear.

I used to build a lot of the GundamW models back in the dark ages of modeling where there was no clear standard. Got back into it lately due wholly to GBF. Got a couple Kshatriyas (including Repaired), a Master Grade ZERO Custom, a Master Grade Epyon (the two of which I intend to kitbash together into my own custom, the Streich, as soon as my friend sends me the damn backpack he's made to let me mount the ZERO verniers on the Epyon >.>), and a still-in-the-box MG Strike Freedom that I'm going to paint in the colors of the wyrm mail, kitbash a Gae Bolg for, and rename the Strike Dragoon (I'm so original).

I was, back in the day... Wing, G, god I even sat through and watched the chibi series Gundam SD. What really killed it for me was SEED. Loved the characters, loved the cleaner style, but it was at a time where I just wanted more giant robot fights, and it was too much exposition/non-robot scenes for adolescent me.

The irony now is that Code Geass has pretty much the same thing (giant robots, but 90% non-robot scenes) and I loved it...so probably means I need to go back and re-watch SEED and I'll enjoy it now. *shrug*

But yeah, Wing still remains my definitive Gundam series. Always wanted models, but never found any at toy stores (my town sucks) and the one time I did it was on a vacation to Florida, and it was in the Japan section of Epcot, so the prices were ridiculous.

0079-Char's Counterattack, 08th MS, G, Wing, part of Seed (Never again), Build Fighters and Try, G-Reco, and what's released of The Origin so far. Looking forward to Iron Blooded Orphans in a month. I still need to go back and watch 0080 and Victory.

As for gunpla, I have a master grade God Gundam as well as a chibi version of the Nu Gundam. I want to get the 1/100 Shining Gundam, but I hear the kit isn't very good, which pains me as it's one of my favorite MS designs. (The upgrade is OKAY, but oof.) But what I really want to get my hands on is Try-on 3, because god dammit, I love super robots way too much. I was a Tetsujin/Mazinger/Getter fan well before I started watching Gundam.

0079-Char's Counterattack, 08th MS, G, Wing, part of Seed (Never again), Build Fighters and Try, G-Reco, and what's released of The Origin so far. Looking forward to Iron Blooded Orphans in a month. I still need to go back and watch 0080 and Victory.

As for gunpla, I have a master grade God Gundam as well as a chibi version of the Nu Gundam. I want to get the 1/100 Shining Gundam, but I hear the kit isn't very good, which pains me as it's one of my favorite MS designs. (The upgrade is OKAY, but oof.) But what I really want to get my hands on is Try-on 3, because god dammit, I love super robots way too much. I was a Tetsujin/Mazinger/Getter fan well before I started watching Gundam.

I love 0080 the most. It's my favorite. To date it's one of the few anime that has really changed my outlook on things. I think it was better at Tomino's anti-war message than Tomino. But then again, he's always been an unstable guy. As funny as he is, and deserving of respect since he started it all and has had some great works like Turn A, I actually find that I like Gundam series he directed personally to be a bit harder to enjoy.

My favorites are that, 08th MST, Zeta, F91 and Build Fighters. That last one is just such a labor of love, I couldn't help but smile.

I'm actually giving my Nu model elements from 0080 in the form of one of arm-mounted Gatling guns, though I'm also giving it Sazabi's shotgun-like weapon. I never was a fan of fin funnels, I just view them as a cheap way for a main character to rapidly dispatch grunt suits, and my preference is leaning towards the back mounted cannon. If I can figure out how to I plan on making a storage rack for a spare weapon behind the shield, but then again that might be a bad idea sinc shields were typically the piece of MS equipment to get ripped apart the fastest

I've spent way more money on Gunpla than I care to admit. Char's Counterattack, War in the Pocket, 0079, 08th MS team, Wing....Gundam 00 was my latest series and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

One day I'll have the time, space, and money to buy those PGs. Red Astray, I shall savour thee.