NSFW - Gerik's Sketchbook - Commissions Available!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My attempt at Menphina.

Menphina is keeper of the twin moons and the goddess of love.

She commands the element of ice and is associated with the eleventh moon of the Eorzean calendar. Menphina is the sister of Azeyma, and the divine lover of Oschon. She is most often depicted as a maid carrying a round Skillet. Her symbol is the full moon.

As you can see, there's no skillet, this is mostly due to the fact that I had no idea how to put it in without making it look like she wanted to smack a bitch with it.

[spoil]Menphina.png[/spoil]

These are all really great!! Once I get things a little more settled maybe I will commission something if that's ok. :)

I would really love to see your take on the goddess Nymeia~

These are all really great!! Once I get things a little more settled maybe I will commission something if that's ok. :)

I would really love to see your take on the goddess Nymeia~

Sure, it would be my pleasure!

Hmmm, Well, I suppose since she's a weaver goddess she'd have some super niiiice clothes lol. Maybe a veil? Pale with red lipstick maybe. Black hair? I was always a fan of the whole dark hair, pale skin, red lips thing Dita Von Teese has going on.

Cool! Give me a few days to kind of get some things sorted and I'll send you a PM. Still need to track you down at some point in game for some RP too. :P

It's also interesting that you mentioned that particular look for Nymeia, as I was considering making some changes to Eva as a character rather than killing her off when 2.0 happens - specifically changing the blonde hair black to kind of give a frame and help balance the extremely fair skin. I always felt she was too light. For all the rest though, she already has fair skin and red lips and all.

But oddly enough I always envisioned Nymeia as being an elezen woman with long white hair. Actually wrote a story some time back about an encounter with an elderly woman whom she to this day things was some sort of manifestation of the goddess. I'll include it here but in a spoiler tag because I really don't want it to detract from your thread, but thought you might get a kick out of it. This was written almost two years ago when I was in another RPLS and when Eva was considering moving permanently to Ul'dah (footnote: it's funny how things work out):

[spoil]A Chance Encounter:

Berating herself for having had more to drink than she'd resigned herself to, Eva stumbled down the front steps of the tavern, regaining her balance at the last second. The inn was right next door, but she wasn't ready to retire for the evening just yet. She had found a quiet place that reminded her of home - a sort of park where several large benches jutted out of a large circular clearing in the sand, set apart somewhat from desert shrubs which seemed to crop up all around. She imagined that people could bring tables and have cookouts here, or sit and discuss the latest gossip. It always seemed somewhat strange that every time she passed by, nobody was ever seated there.

A dried-up well made up the center of the circular arrangement of benches. Eva strode over to it, recalling something her father had once told her about making wishes at wells. Closing her eyes, she reached into her belt pouch and withdrew a single gil, rubbing it gently between her thumb and forefinger as though warming the cool metal would somehow enhance its wish-granting properties. Opening her eyes, she peered down into the dark abyss for a moment as the thought touched her mind - I want him back. Realizing that was somewhat silly and there was no way her lover could be brought back to life, she continued her stream of thought - I want to understand why he had to be taken... without much further thought, she surrendered her coin to the old wishing well and turned back to one of the benches that offered a view of the front of the pub.

Setting her rucksack down on one of the benches, she rubbed the pain in her forehead and smoothed out her frumpy green tunic before plopping herself down and withdrawing a pair of knitting needles and her project, which was gradually taking the shape of a pair of woolen leggings. The light here was awkward, but she had discovered that her mind was most clear while she was working, so the clicking that soon began to permeate the arid darkness was not for the benefit of creating garments so much as for the chance to clear her head. A great deal had happened over the past several days, and no matter how much time she stopped and thought about it, she was continually fraught with the same question - return to Gridania and go on with her life, or move to Ul'dah as her late fiancé intended for the two of them and remain in closer contact with her new friends.

If she chose to remain in Ul'dah, she would have to make arrangements for her father to be looked after. She was really the only one who spent time with him anymore. And she would have to quit her job - but she was certain that someone in Ul'dah would have a use for someone skilled with numbers and bookkeeping. She did like her boss though, and the thought of telling he and his wife that she would be leaving didn't sit well with her either. Her mind was abuzz with all of these thoughts, as the clicking almost seemed to echo between the nearby buildings. Periodically the sound of laughter rose up from the nearby tavern. Twice in one night disaster had almost struck. She wasn't sure what she would have been able to do if someone had been harmed in the fire, or if one of those arrows had struck her new friend.

The foul aftertaste of the 'Devestator' shots she had taken hadn't dissipated from her tongue yet, and she set her needles down for a moment to see if she had a few sprigs of mint or something she could munch on to take the bitterness away. The clicking of her needles continued to echo between the buildings as she rummaged around in her rucksack. Finding the votive instead, she fought back tears, her gaze moving over the silver engagement ring on her fourth finger and the small diamond. It had taken all her willpower earlier not to break out in tears when Aveline had assumed that Pemmy was looking after her father while she was away. Now they fell freely down her cheeks as she wept silently.

She continued this for several seconds until it occurred to her that the clicking of knitting needles had suddenly stopped. Quickly tilting her head to where the clicking had been coming from, the duskwight now noticed an elderly elezen woman sitting on a bench at the other end of the clearing, her own needles and project resting on her lap as she stared in her direction.

By the gods, was she here all this time? A deluge of thoughts ran across her mind. She was usually perceptive of things, but the lighting here was awkward and she had had more to drink than she was used to. Maybe she came here to knit late at night herself. Or maybe she had seen Eva here and decided to join her. She wasn't really sure.

"Hello?" her voice was more timid than she meant it to sound. The white-haired elezen woman stared at her for a few more seconds before choosing a response, "Hello yourself. You gonna be alright?"

Blushing, she felt compelled to at least introduce herself to the stranger. If nothing else, they were sisters of the craft, and her own skills needed a great deal of refinement. Slinging the rucksack over her shoulder, she picked back up her needles and yarn and wiping the remnants of tears from her face, she walked over to where the elderly woman was seated. Taking a bench across from her, she could see now that the old woman's skin was wrinkled and her long hair was white as snow, several strands hanging over her face. Her large brown eyes seemed almost curious as she peered at Eva, still awaiting her response.

"I'm fine, ma'am. Just a lot on my mind. I've found that this..." she held up what she had done so far, "...helps me think, sometimes."

"Indeed it does, young one," a smile touched the old weaver's lips. "I've found that sometimes if you think too much though, things get all muddled. What is it that you're out here thinking about?"

Eva smiled politely back at her. The old woman had begun her weaving again, but never broke eye contact. Eva never understood how the experts could do that. She always had to focus so intently on what she was doing or it wound up in knots. Taking a deep breath, and making no effort to pick up her own needles, she responded somewhat shakily, "I was just trying to decide whether I should move here, or whether I should stay at home."

"I see..." The old elezen nodded, her brown eyes appearing to twinkle in the low light as her mind worked. "Well, where do you feel you belong, young one? Are you happier here? Or are you happier at home?"

"I'm happier here than I have been in-"

The old woman interrupted, "So why the debate? If you're happier here, it seems to me that here is where you belong."

"It's not that sim-"

"It is that simple. You took practically no time at all to answer that question, dear." The old woman's eyes seemed almost pleading as she looked down at the leggings Eva had been knitting. "Your work shows promise, young one. You should keep at it."

Looking down at the leggings, Eva smiled to herself at the compliment. She had been working hard on them, and she was especially proud of the way the colors came together, though it was difficult to see the way the vibrant blue and purple yarn were woven together. It occurred to her then that the old woman must have really sharp eyes to have seen her work in such lousy light. But when Eva looked up and started to ask, she found herself seated alone, her only company now the benches staggered around the sandy park and the old wishing well in the middle.

Blinking a few times, she realized she still had a headache and the foul taste in her mouth had still not gone away. Tucking her work into the rucksack, she rose to her feet and strode a few blocks away, all the while pondering if she'd imagined the old woman or if she had actually somehow upped and left. Another thought crossed her mind, but she quickly dismissed that one as well. One thing was for sure - she wasn't going to have more than one or two drinks anymore.

Finally arriving at the abandoned warehouse, she pushed open the door. Pakiki would have left a long time ago, and the place was now dark and totally empty. The smell of recently burnt wood permeated the air, and she looked around at the empty crates and other odds and ends that littered the place.

"Home..." She spoke the single word to herself aloud, smiling even as some sort of small rodent skittered across the ground at the other end of the room. Folding her arms beneath her chest she gave a satisfied nod, surveying the area again quickly before going back out into the night and heading back to the inn where she'd been staying.[/spoil]

Oooh, sounds like that could be a good look for Eva! And I'm so happy that you might not kill her off.. or I guess if you do, you should let me know, so I can get to know Eva before it's too late D: Is the lipstick an accessory in character creation or something? Just curious lol.

I really like your writing so much! I can really get a feel of what Eva is like. I dig the white haired elezen idea too :o Maybe I'll do that!

One of the face/mouth models for female elezen looked to have more full lips that were notably redder than the other options and I wound up selecting that one for Eva because I thought it would be kind of a fun quirk for her to have. I really liked her having blonde hair in alpha/beta and early on, but it just feels like there is too much "light" going on.

I was going through kind of a QQ phase this past week and kind of disappointed about the time jump and all and I thought a fresh start might be a good solution, but Eva is too much fun to RP and while it may be more "real" to have her fall victim to 2.0, I know I would miss her a lot after she was gone. So she'll find a way to live, and I'll try to find a way to RP something that doesn't feel too cliché after that update lands.

Really sorry to derail your thread though. Draw more gods/goddesses!!! :cheer:

Oh, dang, kind of a shame makeup isn't an accessory or something that you can customize your character with at the start. But then again I can imagine all the heavy streetwalker eyeshadow that might go on if that did happen lol. I guess that could go with the Salon/Barbershop that I'm PRAYING Square-enix makes.

Haha, no problem! Feel free to derail~ Kinda an open ended thread anyway :)

lol, I uh... wanted to draw a muscled guy since I've been doing a lot of wimmenfolk lately (Or else I might go straight) >.>

It's only a WIP. I'm laaaaazy to do the pants, someone do them for me <3

/gerikfanservice

[spoil]GerikWaist.png[/spoil]

And this is why Squareenix should make more hair for highlanders.

/drool

[spoil]GerikWaisthair.png[/spoil]

Ok, sorry for the spam sketchdump today, I need your guys' help on Llymaelyn's design, do you think her hair should be green/blue? Or some other color? Do you guys even like long hair on her? I kinda got the idea for her outfit from Barbaccia from FFIV, you know, both wind women and such. Do you think she should be tanner? Also idk if the harpoon is cool looking enough.

[spoil]Llymlaen.png[/spoil]

Ok' date=' sorry for the [s']spam[/s] sketchdump today, I need your guys' help on Llymaelyn's design, do you think her hair should be green/blue? Or some other color? Do you guys even like long hair on her? I kinda got the idea for her outfit from Barbaccia from FFIV, you know, both wind women and such. Do you think she should be tanner? Also idk if the harpoon is cool looking enough.

[spoil]Llymlaen.png[/spoil]

I think you should give it a try and see if it works, or if you like it. And the harpoon doesn't look bad either. I can't think of a color combination that would look too well as hair, and I don't think you can go wrong with it being long. Like I said, try it out and see if it looks right or to your liking.

Nymeia WIP:

Realism takes so much more time! I suck at color theory ;;

Thought I'd give her a veil, this one is without the veil

Just kiding, Photobucket is being a douche and isn't letting me show the one with the veil, so this is all you get!

...Nevermind, the picture does work after all

[spoil]Nymeianoveil.png[/spoil]

and with the veil

[spoil]Nymeiaveil.png[/spoil]

S'awesome!! You should totally slap a pair of pointy ears on her and make her elezen. Cuz elezens are awesome! Just sayin'. :D

The veil looks great!

Was planning on making her an elezen actually, just wasn't sure if I wanted to add the ears in since she'd have a veil. But then again I did spend a lot of time on her hair, so I'll probably include a veil-less version -nodnod-