Danganronpa 3

5OrZxG2Io6A

GET HYPE?

Vanilla ware is publishing a mecha wah

13 Sentinels

mV_RfdxpVOU

King of Fighters XIV

3eEK5nIlqNI

Project Setsuna is " Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna" or "The Sorrow of Sacrifice and Snow"

BlykTi7QAeo

Also some other tidbits.

The original Yakuza is being remastered for PS4 and Yakuza 6 is a PS4 exclusive.

Resident Evil Umbrella Corps is an online competitive shooter.

SrDTXSEzVmM

I'm still in some awe that Vanillaware made a mecha game. *A*!

SO and KOF make me happy the way one might feel when finding a runaway pet.

KOF in particular makes me happy because I always have felt it is superior to street fighter, and it killed me inside to see SNK fold years ago due to bad business decisions. But they swallowed their pride and scrabbled their way up from pachinko and cellphone dating game hell, bought back their franchise from Korean Eolith and hired back almost all their old employees. I'd feared Xiii was not popular enough to warrant continuing the series, but this reassures me that the old Esaka crew hasn't said Goodbye yet.

I'm always excited about a new Star Ocean game.

But I'm most excited about a new King of Fighters game. However, I don't think I like the game going to 3D models. Then again, Guilty Gear Xrd handled the transition from 2D sprites to using 3D models in a way I have never seen a game do before. It perfectly emulated the way the game used to look, yet also allowed for far more cinematic looking super moves and character intro/win animations.

I would have liked to see KoF do this exact type of transition, but that does not appear to be the case. So I'm a little concerned that the new KoF game might just be the next King of Fighters Maximum Impact... if anyone remembers those games.

Though, as excited as I am to hear KOF is continuing, I have to really wonder what is the point of going 3d after all that work on XII and XIII sprites?

I hope it turns out well and not like Maximum Impact. It's a shame too, because I hear the spritework in XII and XIII took something like "a day per frame of animation" or something completely ridiculous like that. (And the sprites were more fluid than anything that had come before, even SF3.) But more KOF is better than no KOF. I'm probably the only one who cares xD.

Though, as excited as I am to hear KOF is continuing, I have to really wonder what is the point of going 3d after all that work on XII and XIII sprites?

I hope it turns out well and not like Maximum Impact. It's a shame too, because I hear the spritework in XII and XIII took something like "a day per frame of animation" or something completely ridiculous like that. (And the sprites were more fluid than anything that had come before, even SF3.) But more KOF is better than no KOF. I'm probably the only one who cares xD.

I care a grwat deal, I was inlove with the kof13 sprites and I don't think it gets better than that! So, that is why I'm extremely concern with these not so good looking 3D models. I mean christ just look at them!

KOF is known for its speed. In every generation it makes its SF equivalent look like a tranquilized snail, and that's part of why I love it; it's just a much more aggressive, quick-thinking game with a very straightforward "rock paper scissors" mindgame dynamic at the core of its gameplay. The 3d models look generic to me, rather than bad. As far as I could tell they weren't horrible-looking, but definitely a bit dated. However what really matters is whether they can accommodate the fast gameplay tempo without looking awkward. If you look to MI, you quickly find where the animations look really strange on 3d characters. Though those games were fun, just not particularly good for reasons other than graphics...