Celebration of Autumn Stars - Sunday, October 25

Telluride

Update for 10/22!

Though the Celebration series for the Twelve Gods has come to the end of its rotation, we can't stand to see a good monthly gathering of performers go, so we hereby announce the first in a new Celebration series:

"Celebration of Autumn Stars!"

NEW LOCATION: Greatloom Growery in Old Gridania (see map). The All Saints Wake event has taken over the Amphitheater, so we are moving the event to the Growery (just north of the Botanist's guild) to avoid congestion and allow people to work on their questing.

3422545.jpg

Time: Sunday, Oct. 25, 3pm EST

The event will feature two contests:

1) Bards and performers are called to prepare a song/story/presentation matching their interpretation of the theme, "Autumn Stars". Performances should be between 3-8 minutes, and there will be prizes for the top contenders, by popular/audience vote.

2) Costume Contest! It's that season, so wear your best and most interesting costume. Prizes will be given for the top outfits.

We still have room for featured players!

The following have already indicated to me an intent to perform, and are now on the official roster (though order may change). If you want to be added as a featured performer, or need to be taken off the list, please notify me!

Leanne Delphium

Odette Saoirse

Mina Keatley

Jancis Milburga

Ciel Grayve

Vaughn Antain

Lucaell Tareth'eian

Sumi Kha

Z'zuhmii Umi

As announced, we will also be sponsoring a costume contest, with gil prizes for the top three winners. I also offer to write a custom tribute song for the winner of the contest, to his or her preferences and for whomever he or she likes, much as was done for the Valentione's Singing Telegram event. I am selecting a panel of judges, but if anyone wants to be a judge/sponsor, please let me know.

Costumes! :blush:

That also means to bring your friends to help with the votes!

Would there be the Telluride Prize? Maybe Nathan, along with an audience winner, pick out a special someone for a little something extra.

It might bring the ladies.

Costumes! :blush:

That also means to bring your friends to help with the votes!

Would there be the Telluride Prize? Maybe Nathan, along with an audience winner, pick out a special someone for a little something extra.

It might bring the ladies.

Oh, we could have all sorts of prizes. I could, however, offer something different: a custom song written for the victor, just as we did for the Valentione's Singing Telegrams.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Jancis is much of a bard, but she's fearless and will make an awkward mess of herself on the stage!

How to write music? :? Hehehe

Also if the stage does get swarmed with holiday stuff (Well worse holiday quest-doers if it takes people there) there are plenty of places to make merriment!

Update!

I'll tend to the first post as well, soon, but now that the Flame Festival is over, I can return to promoting the first event in our flagship Celebration series, in honor of Jancis' wonderful cycle-long project, the new Celebration of Autumn Stars!

Date: Sunday, Oct. 25

Time: 3pm EST

Place: Mir Khetto's Amphitheater in Old Gridania (if there is a seasonal server event that makes this location untenable, I will update the posting with a new location)

First, we still have room for featured players! Again, our theme is "Autumn Stars", and speakers, performers and bards are invited to prepare a 3-8 minute interpretation and exploration of the theme - song, speech, story, or any performance that ties into our month's topic.

The following have already indicated to me an intent to perform, and are now on the official roster (though order may change). If you want to be added as a featured performer, or need to be taken off the list, please notify me!

Leanne Delphium

Odette Saoirse

Mina Keatley

Jancis Milburga

Ciel Grayve

Vaughn Antain

Lucaell Tareth'eian

Sumi Kha

Z'zuhmii Umi

As announced, we will also be sponsoring a costume contest, with gil prizes for the top three winners. I also offer to write a custom tribute song for the winner of the contest, to his or her preferences and for whomever he or she likes, much as was done for the Valentione's Singing Telegram event. I am selecting a panel of judges, but if anyone wants to be a judge/sponsor, please let me know.

The All Saints Wake event is in the general area of Mih Khetto's, will it still be hosted there?

Fast update via mobile: We will move the event to the nearby Greatloom Growery,next to the botanist guild. Mir Khetto's will be much too cluttered and crowded with the server event. More later tonight.

UPDATE: It is official - we are moving the event to the Greatloom Growery. First post changed to reflect the location. Performer list updated as well.

Thank you to everyone who came out and made this such a great time.

Kudos to our winning costumed appearances by Lord Haurchefaunt, a giant swan and the Sultana herself, with her handmaiden in tow.

Also, my personal appreciation to every single one of our performers: Leanne Delphium, Odette Saoirse, Mina Keatley, Jancis Milburga, Ciel Grayve, Lucaell Tareth'eian, Sumi Kha, and Z'zhumii Umi. It takes a combination of self assurance and good old fashioned guts to get up there in front of everyone, and every single performer poured her heart and soul out for the audience. Yes, -her-. I know there are other gentleman bards out there, but the Celebration of Autumn Stars turned into a ladies night.

I expect to see everyone come back out for the next Celebration, sometime in November - details are in the works, so keep an eye and ear out.