Hunter for Hire Seeking Connections

[align=center]H U N T E R F O R H I R E

[ Looking for Connections Thread for Jaliqai Qulaan ][/align]

[align=center]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━⁅ ⁆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/align]

[align=center]k7flBkI.png[/align]

◢ ▮ ▮ ▮ -- ABOUT JALIQAI--------------------------------

[align=justify]Jaliqai is an Auri huntress for hire. What exactly does she hunt? Just about anything -- or anyone, for that matter. Whether it's a particularly nasty beast that's been heckling trading caravans on the road, a hard-to-find item that you need to get your hands on, or just someone that needs to be found for whatever reason, Jaliqai excels at tracking them down if the coin is right.

There's a lot more to Jaliqai than just these short few sentences. If you're interested in knowing more about her, more information can readily be found on her wiki, my writing thread, and her tumblr (beware the rare NSFW bits).[/align]

-------------------------------- WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR -- ▮ ▮ ▮ ◣

[align=justify]Most of all, I'm looking to get involved in RP that promotes deep thought, introspection, and character development. While drinks at the Quicksand and other such slice-of-life scenes are fun and good and have their own place, that alone does not a deep and meaningful, character developing RP experience make for me.

I would love, love, love to get involved in more long and short term plots, specifically. I'm not the type that needs to be in a plot's limelight to enjoy myself. In fact, I really enjoy playing the supporting cast that helps to keep the ball rolling, which plays into Jaliqai's specialties nicely. Likewise, I also enjoy having a wide variety of characters of differing backgrounds, personalities, etc. to interact with. Positive or negative interactions are absolutely lovely.

In terms of the type of RP I'm looking for, I'm on the hunt for general and/or mature roleplay, but NOT RP that is solely or heavily oriented on ERP. I don't have any problems with RP of a sexual nature, especially when it serves to move a character's development forward or makes for good plot. It's just that sexual RP without either of these, where the focus is more on the act itself than the logical consequences, isn't my cup of tea.

Finally, I can RP in-game, through Skype, or through forums. I can try Google docs, though I've never used it for RP before.[/align]

◢ ▮ ▮ ▮ -- ROLEPLAY HOOKS--------------------------------

If you'd like some ideas of how we can get some roleplay going, I've got a couple of ideas of things that I would really like to see happen. That said, if something isn't on this list that doesn't mean I'm not interested! I'm absolutely, 110% interested in hearing your awesome ideas!

1.] -EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS--------------

Since striking out on her own, Jaliqai has done the legwork to get herself and her reputation established, and business rolling in her way. Openly, she introduces herself to people as a hunter of beasts and bounties sanctioned by the city-states. However, she also has a burgeoning reputation in the underground scene as a hunter of information, hard-to-find or illegal goods and services, and people. Legitimate or not, if your character has something -- or someone -- that needs to be found, they may find themselves pointed in the direction of 'the Auri huntress that goes by the name Red'.

2.] -UNDERGROUND CONNECTIONS--------------

[align=justify]Tracking things down for criminals and other people of ambiguous motive means she's in need of more shady connections. Information brokers, thieves, fences, thugs, blades for hire, dealers of drugs/poisons/etc., crooked law men, other criminal organizations. You name it, she'll probably want to make a connection with them for future use.

As an OOC note, when I'm pulled into plots and contracts to search for things, I like to start with people that I've already made contact with before resorting to /handwaved NPCs. So this kind of connection potentially means more RP for you in the future if Jali ends up needing something that she knows your character can provide. Three cheers for networking![/align]

3.] -NOT-SO-UNDERGROUND CONNECTIONS--------------

[align=justify]"But my precious baby is a perfectly law-abiding craftsman/adventurer/etc.!", you say? No problem! No matter where the person falls on the scales of morality and legality, if they've got a useful talent or trade, Jaliqai would still take note of them for the future. Bonus points if you're amused by the thought of your little Goody Two-shoes unknowingly getting pulled into the middle of shady business!

Like with the Underground Connections, this sort of hook has the potential for future networking for you, too![/align]

4.]- OTHER XAELA--------------

Jaliqai's pretty securely adapted to life outside of the Othardian steppes now, though she still has a lot of tribal in her on the inside. As such, it would be great to get her interacting with other Xaela of other tribes, whether they would be friendly or hostile. I have a weakness for tribal type RP interactions, even with juxtaposed against a largely non-tribal culture such as Eorzea. These also have potential to be either newly formed interactions or possible backstory interactions, if you'd be interested in such a thing!

5.] -BACKGROUND CONNECTIONS--------------

[align=justify]This is a little more specific, since it deals with Jaliqai's past. For the past nine years -- eight in Othard, one in Eorzea -- Jaliqai has been a bounty hunter that had traveled far and wide, and met many people. So there's a lot of potential for 'Hey, you're that Au Ra lady with the bad temper!' types of connections. Some ideas? People she's done work for in the past. Other bounty hunters and/or mercenaries that she has worked with. Past drinking partners, associates, traveling partners, drunken one-night stands, etc. People that she was hired to hunt down. So on, so forth.

6.] -QULAAN TRIBE CONNECTIONS--------------

Even more specifically, if you're in the market for a new alt or making an existing alt fit, there's the option of playing a member of the Qulaan Tribe. (Information located here. Hello shameless promotion!) I'm really excited about these kinds of background connections, because I've got a lot of ideas for things that could be done in the future. So if that's something you think you might be interested in, hit me up![/align]

I am certainly interested in meeting other AuRa that hold onto some of that tribal view. Sumi is of the Kha tribe. I'm on EU time and will keep an eye out.

Like you I tend to go for enabling RP rather than limelight.

I think I see you standing in the Quicksand almost every night I'm online.

I usually debate walking up but you stand so still I always think your OOC!

FINALLY! Someone else who can RP thru Skype, I'm down.

Send me a pm if you wanna put something together!

And I'm a fellow Xaela.

@ Adele: Absolutely! I'll poke at you sometime! :D

@ Nebbs: I'm usually not on during EU prime time during the week, being NA myself, but if you catch me around, I would love to RP! :D

@ Kahn: Jaliqai is a master of standing still, silently observing, and making sure that the pillars in the Quicksand stay upright. If you ever see me around with that little yellow "Looking to Meld Materia" symbol, even if I'm deathly still, I'm IC!

I'm at work right now and for some reason, PMs crash Safari on my phone. But when I get home, I'll hit you up!

@ Aedan: Jali also does a fair bit of monster hunting contracts when she has the chance! So we could definitely work out some contact there. :D I've also been thinking of trying my hand at putting some small scale monster hunting and/or bounty hunting events together in the future, so that's an option!

@ Kahn: Jaliqai is a master of standing still, silently observing, and making sure that the pillars in the Quicksand stay upright. If you ever see me around with that little yellow "Looking to Meld Materia" symbol, even if I'm deathly still, I'm IC!

I'm at work right now and for some reason, PMs crash Safari on my phone. But when I get home, I'll hit you up!

Yes you always have it above you and I think I've seen it mentioned on the forums here as a way to designate RP. Just didn't want to be the weirdo and ask about rping and get a 'What is that?" back. haha

@ Aedan: Jali also does a fair bit of monster hunting contracts when she has the chance! So we could definitely work out some contact there. :D I've also been thinking of trying my hand at putting some small scale monster hunting and/or bounty hunting events together in the future, so that's an option!

I shot you a PM so feel free to respond whenever. :)

Yes you always have it above you and I think I've seen it mentioned on the forums here as a way to designate RP. Just didn't want to be the weirdo and ask about rping and get a 'What is that?" back. haha

Haha, no worries! And now that I'm home, I'll shoot a PM your way shortly! :D

Just a bump for a heads up to the people I've already talked to about getting RP set up!

I haven't forgotten anyone or anything! Just since the end of last week, I've been set upon by illness that has gotten worse each day rather than getting any better. x.x So I haven't been playing the game or RPing, period.

Still feeling rather under the weather as we speak, so I don't know exactly when I'll be back. But once I'm 100% again, or close enough to it, I'll be tracking everyone down for much anticipated RPs! Sorry everyone. ;A;

Edit: That said, I forgot to add that if anyone wants to keep in touch, I've mostly just been in and out on Skype. So if you want to chat, my handle is xhigekix. o/

Just a bump for a heads up to the people I've already talked to about getting RP set up!

I haven't forgotten anyone or anything! Just since the end of last week, I've been set upon by illness that has gotten worse each day rather than getting any better. x.x So I haven't been playing the game or RPing, period.

Still feeling rather under the weather as we speak, so I don't know exactly when I'll be back. But once I'm 100% again, or close enough to it, I'll be tracking everyone down for much anticipated RPs! Sorry everyone. ;A;

Was wondering where ya went!

Take your time and hope you feel better soon!

If you want, we can work something out with one of my characters. Whichever you're most interested in. :)

Sure, hit me up sometime. Both seem lovely~

Yeah it's no problem, I'll add ya on Skype!

Contact Request sent!

Got ya' added! :D

Hey! I hope you're feeling better - feel free to add me on Skype and we can plot things!

Hey! I'm actually starting to feel a little bit better today finally, so I'm in game now. I've been trying to keep an eye out for you, but I keep catching you mid-dungeon! xD

Fought Jaliqai at Grindstone this past week! Super fun fight, can't wait for more, maybe even fight side by side sometime!

Yes, it was a very, very fun fight! The groin punch had me rolling in laughter. xD We'll definitely have to do it again soon!

Just wanted to post and say that I had a great time RP'ing and hunting down this ugly (http://40.media.tumblr.com/fed4593abc35059c545d7f874764d430/tumblr_nvf2pxIfZK1tibuboo1_1280.jpg) with Jali out in Northern Thanalan.

10/10 would hunt with again  8-)

Not to be a downer, but I'll have to give the RP just a 9.9/10. Almost perfect, but not nearly enough obvious tentacle jokes as I felt there should have been. (Though I did literally laugh out loud at the Quicksand quip. xD)

All joking aside: seriously great RP with a seriously great guy. Thank you again! :D